Thread: Re: ILR application

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Tiggers she should apply not before the 18th of january which is 28 days before her visa expires,it shouldnt matter when she arrived in u.k theycount the days when visa expires.Hubby applied my ILR less than 28 days of my visa expires,it`ll expire on jan.5,09 and arrived in u.k feb.9,07 and we`re just waiting for results
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    Hi Tiggers she should apply not before the 18th of january which is 28 days before her visa expires,it shouldnt matter when she arrived in u.k theycount the days when visa expires.Hubby applied my ILR less than 28 days of my visa expires,it`ll expire on jan.5,09 and arrived in u.k feb.9,07 and we`re just waiting for results
    hi mrs daddy thanks , coz she said her husband called the glasgow home office and the home office said she should apply feb 27 less than 28 days coz she enter UK on march 27, but her visa will expires on feb 15 so thats really a big problem.

so i don't know if her hubby wants her to get ILR or what!!! you know what i mean thats why she really needs help

your suppose to be in the UK 2yrs(-upto 28days) b4 you can apply for ILR.

but as your friend came to the uk more than 28 days after the start date of her visa she cannot apply then, caz if she did apply upto 28 days b4 she has been in the uk,that would be around 27th of feb. but her visa expired on the 15th

but there was a post on here recently about this, as new spouse visa's are now valid for 27 months not 24 months, this problem should be a thing of the past.

as your friend is only short 2wks, in the past she could either apply for FLR ( for 2wks ) or leave it late as possible like the day b4 her visa expires and apply then, by the time the case worker started to look at her visa app, probably more than 2wks, so she could well have been in the uk 2yrs-(upto 28days) and should be granted her visa.

but if you search for the post, i think it said you could either apply for FLR (which i wouldn't do for 2wks ) they would probably allow it anyway for being 2wks earlier, or you could apply b4 your visa expires and they will not process it til she had been in the uk 2yrs - (upto 28 days)..

but UKBA told her to apply on the 27th of feb , her visa would have expired, and you don't want to do that.. i would phone again and talk to someone else

but i think she should wait til late as possible, like the 12th of feb and apply by post and she should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    your suppose to be in the UK 2yrs(-upto 28days) b4 you can apply for ILR.

but as your friend came to the uk more than 28 days after the start date of her visa she cannot apply then, caz if she did apply upto 28 days b4 she has been in the uk,that would be around 27th of feb. but her visa expired on the 15th

but there was a post on here recently about this, as new spouse visa's are now valid for 27 months not 24 months, this problem should be a thing of the past.

as your friend is only short 2wks, in the past she could either apply for FLR ( for 2wks ) or leave it late as possible like the day b4 her visa expires and apply then, by the time the case worker started to look at her visa app, probably more than 2wks, so she could well have been in the uk 2yrs-(upto 28days) and should be granted her visa.

but if you search for the post, i think it said you could either apply for FLR (which i wouldn't do for 2wks ) they would probably allow it anyway for being 2wks earlier, or you could apply b4 your visa expires and they will not process it til she had been in the uk 2yrs - (upto 28 days)..

but UKBA told her to apply on the 27th of feb , her visa would have expired, and you don't want to do that.. i would phone again and talk to someone else

but i think she should wait til late as possible, like the 12th of feb and apply by post and she should be ok
    but the problem is she want to apply in person so i dont know really what to tell her lol. why do they apply for spouse visa and leave their country so late lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    it does matter when you arrive in the uk, your suppose to be in the uk 2yrs - (upto 28 days )

in your case you should be applying for ILR from 11th jan ( 9th feb 2009 - 28 days) until the day b4 your visa expires which is 4th jan 2009 you cannot, your has expired b4 you can apply...

anyway your a week short, but you should really apply on the 2cnd of jan 2009, but with the xmas holidays, you may well be lucky and get away with sending it sooner, they might process it or keep it til you've been in the uk 2yrs - (up to 28 days), or it they want to be and refuse it for applying tooo early, when did you apply ?

from the ukba website http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukr...ionformset(m)/

You must not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your two-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.

so you should apply within 28 days before your visa expires? does it make sense joe? Im baffled now Thanks

Thread Information