your suppose to be in the UK 2yrs(-upto 28days) b4 you can apply for ILR.

but as your friend came to the uk more than 28 days after the start date of her visa she cannot apply then, caz if she did apply upto 28 days b4 she has been in the uk,that would be around 27th of feb. but her visa expired on the 15th

but there was a post on here recently about this, as new spouse visa's are now valid for 27 months not 24 months, this problem should be a thing of the past.

as your friend is only short 2wks, in the past she could either apply for FLR ( for 2wks ) or leave it late as possible like the day b4 her visa expires and apply then, by the time the case worker started to look at her visa app, probably more than 2wks, so she could well have been in the uk 2yrs-(upto 28days) and should be granted her visa.

but if you search for the post, i think it said you could either apply for FLR (which i wouldn't do for 2wks ) they would probably allow it anyway for being 2wks earlier, or you could apply b4 your visa expires and they will not process it til she had been in the uk 2yrs - (upto 28 days)..

but UKBA told her to apply on the 27th of feb , her visa would have expired, and you don't want to do that.. i would phone again and talk to someone else

but i think she should wait til late as possible, like the 12th of feb and apply by post and she should be ok