Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member

Hi I Am Stuart, I Got Married In The Philippines Last March, We Have Two Children Together. I Will Be Visiting Again Soon. My Question Is Can I Get A Visa Here In Uk To Stay Out There For One Year, I Read On The Website Its Now Possible. I Have Always Had A Tourist Visa. If This Is Possible, Can Anyone Tell Me How I Do This,
    Many Thanks, Happy New Year To All

Quote Originally Posted by sheldon1 View Post
    Hi I Am Stuart, I Got Married In The Philippines Last March, We Have Two Children Together. I Will Be Visiting Again Soon. My Question Is Can I Get A Visa Here In Uk To Stay Out There For One Year, I Read On The Website Its Now Possible. I Have Always Had A Tourist Visa. If This Is Possible, Can Anyone Tell Me How I Do This,
    i think if you married to a filipina you don't need a tourist visa just ask the local immgration in your area where you live, that you need to extend your stay in the PI with your wife and kids and they give you a stamp and you pay £25.
    all things are possible!

You can avail a balikbayan Visa (which allows you to stay for a year in the Philippines)from the immigation when you arrive at the manila international airport. You can only avail this if you are travelling with your wife.

Just make sure you and your wife que in the "Balikbayan line".

hello, welcome to the forum.
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Anyone, even arriving without a visa, can extend their stay for up to 16 months, just by visiting the Bureau of Immigration every two months and applying for an extension. Up to 24 months is possible, but this requires permission from a higher authority.

Respected Member
    HI MAYBE I SHOULD BE A BIT MORE CLEAR, I WANT THE VISA BEFORE I LAND IN MANILA, SO I DONT HAVE TO KEEP EXTENDING EVERY SO MANY DAYS. I AM MARRIED NOW AND I THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE TO GET FROM PHILIPPINE EMBASSY BEFORE I LEAVE UK. I JUST WONDERED IF ANY BRITS AND FURTHER NEWS ON THIS.
    STUART

HI MAYBE I SHOULD BE A BIT MORE CLEAR, I WANT THE VISA BEFORE I LAND IN MANILA, SO I DONT HAVE TO KEEP EXTENDING EVERY SO MANY DAYS. I AM MARRIED NOW AND I THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE TO GET FROM PHILIPPINE EMBASSY BEFORE I LEAVE UK. I JUST WONDERED IF ANY BRITS AND FURTHER NEWS ON THIS.
    STUART
    is a bit hussle if you apply here for extention visa to stay in PI for a year coz you need to send your passport to philippine embassy,you need a solicitor to sign to your documents for a true likeness of your identity and you need to pay the solicitor £60 to £100 just for signature. if i were you go to local immgration in town where you live, just say you need to stay in the PI with your wife and kids for a year and pay £25 just an hour and no need to keep going back to them, that what i did to my hubby.
    all things are possible!

Ah, if you're already married to a filipina, yes, of course, you can apply for your 13a visa (for permanent residency) at the Philippine Embassy in London.

I don't believe that you can avail the balikbayan visa, unless arriving in Philippines with your spouse.

I don't think that they issue temporary visitor visas with a validity of more than six months - in any case, this only entitles you an initial stay of 59 days.

Banned
    Hi Stuart,
    Welcome to the Forum.

hello welcome to the forum..!

Banned
    welcome sheldon

welcome.

hiya!welcome

Welcome to the forum

welcome

Hello Stuart. You would need to apply for a NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA, check http://www.philemb.org.uk/ for more info.

Who are qualified to apply for the visa?

A foreign national married to a Filipino national may apply for the visa provided that he is able to prove that :

(1) he contracted a valid marriage with a Filipino citizen;

(2) the marriage is recognized under existing Philippine laws;

(3) there is no record of any derogatory information against the applicant from relevant law enforcement agencies;

(4) he/she is of good physical and mental health; and (5) he/she has sufficient funds to support his/her family.

Documentary Requirements

Three (3) original copies of the application form (FA Form No.3) duly accomplished and signed

Three (3) original copies of the medical report form (FA Form No.11) with:

· Original and 2 photocopies of laboratory report
    · Chest x-ray film (11’x17’)
    · Certification from the General Medical Council that the Doctor who signed the medical report is duly registered to practise medicine in the United Kingdom

Six (6) passport photographs (4.5cm x 3.5cm)

Original and three (3) photocopies of evidence of financial capacity (e.g. bank statements; pension benefits statement; title to properties, etc.)

Three (3) photocopies of the Philippine passport or birth certificate of Filipino spouse duly authenticated by the Philippine National Statistics Office (www.e-census.com.ph or www.census.gov.ph)

Original and three (3) photocopies of marriage certificate

For applicants with prior marriage/s: Submit the original and three (3) photocopies of proof of dissolution of the prior marriage/s (e.g. death certificate, annulment order, etc.)

Original and three (3) photocopies of the birth certificate/s of unmarried minor child/ren

Original and three (3) photocopies of a “Certification of Good Moral Character” from an applicant’s employer or parish priest or any person of good standing in the community

Current passport of the applicant with at least six (6) months validity

Application fee of One Hundred Eight Pounds (GBP108.00) in Cash or Postal Money Order

Applicant must schedule an appointment with the visa officer and submit the above documents. On the same day, a consul will interview the applicant and inform him/her of the decision on his/her application.

Thread Information