hi all, can anyone advise me, ive known my filipino fiancee for about 2 years now, meet her 4 times and both travelled to thailand 3 times together for holiday. We now want to get married in the UK and settle here but need more info as to what visa to apply and whats easier, can you please advise on the following points
1) MARRIAGE VISITOR (VAF1F NOV 2008) I assume its for a 6month period but once married can you apply for FLR for the 27month leave? or does she have to return to Philippines.

2) SETTLEMENT FORM (VAF4 OCT 2007) I assume we apply as the fiance(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK (me), i assuming this is automatic 27month FLR. My question is do we have to marry within 6 month or can we wait a year and would it help if wedding arrangements were made for evidence to the ECO.
Also is the fee correct MARRIAGE VISITOR £65
SETTLEMENT VISA £515
I understand all the procedures regarding FLR AND ILR its the FIANCE, MARRIAGE wording thats a bit confusing (sorry sounds dumb)
Oh one more question about financial evidence, i own my 3bed house and rent one of the rooms to a work mate who pays £80 a week (under the room rent tax-free government scheme) will this be ok to show as extra income?
I appreciate any advise and thank god for this great forum>
sammy.