Thread: Advice for marriage contract plz

Advice for marriage contract plz

hello! We just got married last month dec. 10, 2008 and today i went to NSO tacloban with the endorsement letter from the LCR here and asked for electronic endorsement. They checked on my marriage contract the OCGR copy and said they cant do electronic endorsement coz the word "divorce" was being mispelled as "divorcee" and so the church did put white ink on the other letter "e". They said because of that they wont be able to do the electronic endorsement for our marriage contract and instead just do the normal way that will take 2 months.

I just want to ask if anyone knows another way to make it quicker that it wont take 2 months before they will release it. My husband wants me to go manila and bring the letter of endorsement with me to the NSO quezon city. He thinks that if i will process it in manila it will be much quicker. But i am worried that it wont make difference and would still take 2 months then we will just waste our money. I just want to ask if ever i will go manila would it make difference? would it make the process quicker? and plz if anyone knows other way or someone who could make the process quicker i hope u could tell me before he will pull all the few hair strands left in his head and i will really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickandsherryl View Post
    hello! We just got married last month dec. 10, 2008 and today i went to NSO tacloban with the endorsement letter from the LCR here and asked for electronic endorsement. They checked on my marriage contract the OCGR copy and said they cant do electronic endorsement coz the word "divorce" was being mispelled as "divorcee" and so the church did put white ink on the other letter "e". They said because of that they wont be able to do the electronic endorsement for our marriage contract and instead just do the normal way that will take 2 months.

I just want to ask if anyone knows another way to kake it quicker that it wont take 2 months before they will release it. My husband wants me to go manila and bring the letter of endorsement with me to the NSO quezon city. He thinks that if i will process it in manila it will be much quicker. But i am worried that it wont make difference and would still take 2 months then we will just waste our money. I just want to ask if ever i will go manila would it make difference? would it make the process quicker? and plz if anyone knows other way or someone who could make the process quicker i hope u could tell me before he will pull all the few hair strands left in his lead and i will really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance
    Hello Sherryl,

I'm in Mindanao and my Auntie is working in the Local Civil Registry, she's the one who helped us to get our marriage certificate from the NSO and we requested for electronic endorsement too like you did. Well she told us before that if we are living in Manila then it will be quicker. I think best if you go there so u can follow up and will get it fast as my other friend married to Finnish done that too and then she got it really quicked.She's in Finland now. Hope you will get yours so soon cos I think it's urgent..Good luck to you and God bless everyone!
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Respected Member
    Oh by the way, it took one month for us to have a copy of our marriage contract in NSO. (,")(",)..
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

hi shyla thanks for ur response, but i guess u dont have problem with ur copy like mine.They checked on my OCRG copy and find out theirs a white ink there to cover erasure so they said that they cant do the electronic endorsement if their is erasure.

May i ask where particularly in manila did ur friend process her marriage contract? I just want make this done so i could apply for my passport too and it will take 25 days too b4 they will release it. It is making him grumpy and a pressure on me when he moan, but what can i do? I just hope this will be done.

Respected Member
    hi shyla thanks for ur response, but i guess u dont have problem with ur copy like mine.They checked on my OCRG copy and find out theirs a white ink there to cover erasure so they said that they cant do the electronic endorsement if their is erasure.

May i ask where particularly in manila did ur friend process her marriage contract? I just want make this done so i could apply for my passport too and it will take 25 days too b4 they will release it. It is making him grumpy and a pressure on me when he moan, but what can i do? I just hope this will be done.
    Hello Sheryyl,

Anyway I will ask my friend tomorrow and will let you know about the complete address but speaking of passport, I think you can apply for a rush passport and that's 10 working days then the fee will be Php 750.

... May i ask where particularly in manila did ur friend process her marriage contract? I just want make this done so i could apply for my passport too and it will take 25 days too b4 they will release it.
    If you go to Manila, its better to finish your CFO seminar too. You need that when you apply for passport.
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Thread Information