Thread: applying for settlement

applying for settlement

Hi im mrs Donnachie, married with scotish guy who lives in england.i meet him throught my friend living in uk coz she is married with english too.we communicate through online chatting until we fall inlove each other and he decided to come over here in phil and marry me we been married for almost 2 years.now he is in england and working there and he is waiting for me there.im applying for a settlement visa all i want to know is how many months its takes b4 i well have my visa friom the day i will applied for example tomorrow ill apply.i hope u could help me and answer my questions compuse.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nidadonnachie@y View Post
    Hi im mrs Donnachie, married with scotish guy who lives in england.i meet him throught my friend living in uk coz she is married with english too.we communicate through online chatting until we fall inlove each other and he decided to come over here in phil and marry me we been married for almost 2 years.now he is in england and working there and he is waiting for me there.im applying for a settlement visa all i want to know is how many months its takes b4 i well have my visa friom the day i will applied for example tomorrow ill apply.i hope u could help me and answer my questions compuse.
    welcome to the forum mrs.donachie!!!

for settlement visa it will take upto 3 months. most waited here upto 10 weeks and few got it less than 10weeks.

goodluck to your application

thank u so much for ur reply now im not that worried so much and my husband as well to wait for my visa and to see me soon.

Welcome to the forum and goodluck to your visa application

Welcome to the forum and goodluck

Just ask us anytime... But you can always use the search button too! Lots of tips and things in every thread!

Take care & Good luck

welcome

tahnks everybody for the answer.have some more questions i have a friend ther in uk already she went there for visit visa invited by her bf and now her visa is almost finish,her bf ask her to go back here in phil and applied for partner visa,she ask me to go to uk embassy phil to ask what she needs and how long its takes to get the visa,and if its the partner visa and fiancee visa is the same req.thanks a lot.

Respected Member
    tahnks everybody for the answer.have some more questions i have a friend ther in uk already she went there for visit visa invited by her bf and now her visa is almost finish,her bf ask her to go back here in phil and applied for partner visa,she ask me to go to uk embassy phil to ask what she needs and how long its takes to get the visa,and if its the partner visa and fiancee visa is the same req.thanks a lot.
    Hello Nida,

Good luck on your application soon.. Anyway if you will apply for a non settlement visa it's only 30 days for you to wait but then if it's settlement then you need to wait for 3 months maximum. I'm still waiting for my spouse visa result. Turning 9 weeks by monday. Take care!.
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

hello mrs. donnachie, welcome to the forum and good luck in your application..
    "With God nothing is impossible."

Smile

Welcome to the forum! Usually it will take 3 months. Goodluck!

hello, welcome to the forum and goodluck...
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Banned

Married two years, and only now applying for settlement visa...???

Is your husband helping in getting his side of the documentation ready...?

I can understand that it is not always feasible to lodge an application straight away, but this is taking the mickey...

How often has he come to Phil to see you, since the wedding...?

when he come over here and meet me we got married and we both a property here,and he visit his kids 23 times a year for a few weeks,then last year sept 2 he went back to uk and look for job there and he find one already now,but b4 he lift he gv me all the doc that i need form him,statement of acount,the property we own here in phil,sponsor letter rom him and marrage cirtificate from nso,and weeding pic and my birth and my passport with my married name.i will just going to submitted it this week coz i waited for my son birt cirtificat to be isseud,my son from my former relationship b4 i meet him. he is so worried for my visa to get through,im not coz im married to him its that he is so afraid i told him just keep faith and patient.i always told him no matter what im alwys here for him stand him and wait for the visa will get through. thanks a lot for the advice and help.

Respected Member
    welcome to the forum

Goodluck in your application...
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Welcome to the forum usually 9 to 13 weeks the most to get the settlement visa..

hi good luck! you're in the right track...

Good luck and welcome to the forum
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Thanks u guys for all the positive advices im just nervouse and worried if ill be pass formy applications.and tahnks for welcoming me here in this furom goodluck to all of us.

Good luck and welcome to the forum... Oh, by the way, can anybody help me as well, I cannot post a new thread or topic as I am tagged as "You have no reputation comments". What does that mean? I do not want to sound naive or ignorant at all, just asking... any help would be highly appreciated... thanks heaps!

Respected Member

just a q for jay and zobel

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Just ask us anytime... But you can always use the search button too! Lots of tips and things in every thread!

Take care & Good luck
    can i ask in your pic (top left) the guy on right is kissing the man in middle did he marry the man in middle of the girl on left

Quote Originally Posted by kermit123 View Post
    can i ask in your pic (top left) the guy on right is kissing the man in middle did he marry the man in middle of the girl on left

lol...

I married the bloke in the middle (Jay) and the man who was kissing him on the cheek was his very funny, silly, cheeky younger brother... It was just a silly / candid photo hahaha

Hello guys how's everybody here sorry i havent been here for a few days i was bc,prepari.ng for all my documents to pass my application tomorrow at the mebassy in axa bldg. is that right they still have the office there coz in mckenly i ddnt know how to get there i just get use to it the old address. wish me luck guys for my visa wish it well get thorught rigth away so excited to see my husband again. thank's all of u for the advices.im going to put my spouse application tomorrow

Banned
    Good luck Nida

welcome and good luck to your application!

welcome to the forum and good luck in your application.

Thread Information