Thread: Is it sadly Asias turn to feel the crunchie bar effect?

Is it sadly Asias turn to feel the crunchie bar effect?

Three articles seemed to show that sadly asia may be shown its going to suffer like the west is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7844769.stm

This one could affect a lot of OFWs if other countries take this idea up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7844726.stm

South Korea and its people has a big infulence on Phill from what i see

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7846311.stm
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

intel closes factory in the phils

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_329939.html

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post

South Korea and its people has a big influence on Phill from what i see

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7846311.stm

Yes I agree with you... Now a days KOREAN people are every where here in the Philippines... esp in CEBU and Manila. Online Teaching JOB which KOREANS are the owner is very RAMPANT now in the country. I've been working for Koreans 4 years straight now, as an ESL Teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Ouch the numbers of people losing jobs in the factories in asia is huge (as it is in the west) In both areas not just those that lose the jobs in the principle place are affected all the suport companies. I know with dell shutting down most of its operations in ireland it has affected the whole town.

I still sadly see a lot of the call centres closing or reducing staffing levels soon as well. Already seen though the course of my work a few Call centres reopening in the Uk. The exchange rate and the increase in levels of skill for rate of pay in the Uk has dropped dramtically in just six months. This has meant it looks more attractive to set up or move back to the Uk, if the goverment and local councils start sweenting the deal as well...

Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    Yes I agree with you... Now a days KOREAN people are every where here in the Philippines... esp in CEBU and Manila. Online Teaching JOB which KOREANS are the owner is very RAMPANT now in the country. I've been working for Koreans 4 years straight now, as an ESL Teacher.
    I was surprised how many Korean businesses there were in my wifes area, all which may be affected with many phills employed by them or provding services being affected.

I was surprised how many Korean businesses there were in my wifes area, all which may be affected with many phills employed by them or provding services being affected.

It's already reported at TV PATROL months ago...The officials says yes somehow its affecting the local services but on the other side they said that it's helping the economy of the Philippines because they invest in the country... the sad thing is some KOREAN Employers not really good, they didn't give the good BENEFITS for the there employees that's based on my experienced. They bring there policies here and not following Phil Law.

Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    It's already reported at TV PATROL months ago...The officials says yes somehow its affecting the local services but on the other side they said that it's helping the economy of the Philippines because they invest in the country... the sad thing is some KOREAN Employers not really good, they didn't give the good BENEFITS for the there employees that's based on my experienced. They bring there policies here and not following Phil Law.
    Well as the korean ecomony gets battered you may not have to worry as they leave, spend less or holiday there less frequently.

Well as the korean ecomony gets battered you may not have to worry as they leave, spend less or holiday there less frequently.
    Yea right

I still sadly see a lot of the call centres closing or reducing staffing levels soon as well. Already seen though the course of my work a few Call centres reopening in the Uk. The exchange rate and the increase in levels of skill for rate of pay in the Uk has dropped dramtically in just six months. This has meant it looks more attractive to set up or move back to the Uk, if the goverment and local councils start sweenting the deal as well...
    yes with the £ , it will be more expensive now for british companies to employ people outside the uk, my misses brother works in Dubai for a british company , so i take it, it will cost them more now just to pay his wage and increase the risks of being made redundant

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes with the £ , it will be more expensive now for british companies to employ people outside the uk, my misses brother works in Dubai for a british company , so i take it, it will cost them more now just to pay his wage and increase the risks of being made redundant
    Well I guess it depends on how the British company is doing out and set up in Dubai and hopefully your Bro in law will be ok

I could also see many countries who are not so caught up in Human rights etc as the UK and the Eurozone will make it harder for OFWs. With Singapore talking of massive job losses suddenly many outsiders will be looking over there shoulders as everyone lowers there expectation levels for what job they will do and of course many will suddenly not require or possibly be able to afford domestic staff Same in Hong kong, south korea,taiwan and Japan etc.

Thread Information