British Consul to visit Davao City

Hi to all, I got this email from fco office :

Visit to Davao‏
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
    Sent: 05 February 2009 00:15:09
    To: Joanne.Finnamore-Crorkin@fco.gov.uk
    Cc: Joanna.Teh@fco.gov.uk

Dear Resident of Davao

My name is Joanne Finnamore-Corkin and I am the Consul at the British Embassy in Manila. I plan to visit Davao next Tuesday/Wednesday 10/11 February. I am currently awaiting permission from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for my proposed trip.

Whilst in Davao I would like to meet with as many British Nationals as possible and have the opportunity to explain to you what the Consular Section of an Embassy can and cannot do. The meetings will also be an opportunity for those attending to ask questions. I am currently making enquiries with the Marco Polo Hotel and plan to have two or three separate meetings to allow as many as possible to attend. I will also allocate time for one to one meetings with British Nationals who have concerns relating to consular matters but do not wish to raise these in public. I should stress that I will not be able to answer any questions relating to visas or comment on any applications/refusals. My initial plan is to hold the group meetings on the night of Tuesday 10 February (around 8-9.30 - a bit late but I am constrained by flight times) the morning of Wednesday 11 (around 8- 10) and, if necessary at lunch time (12-1.30).

Due to the Data Protection Act, I am obliged to send this e-mail blind to you all. This is rather unfortunate as you will not be able to see who else it has gone to. All the addressees have been taken from LOCATE or an old list we had showing those who had registered with the Embassy. I would to meet as many people as possible and would therefore be grateful you would pass this message onto other British Nationals who you know. Please also stress that the meetings are open to all British Nationals, not just those who have registered.

I will be in touch again as soon as I have the green light for my trip as I would like to try and have a rough idea of the numbers involved. I hope to see you next week.

Best wishes,

Joanne

Joanne Finnamore-Crorkin
    HM Consul
    British Embassy Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634
    Metro Manila
    Philippines
    email: joanne.finnamore-crorkin@fco.gov.uk
    Telephone: +63 2 858 2200
    direct line: +63 2 858 2222
    Mobile Number +63 917 8278093
    fax: +63 2 858 2342

www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk

Visit our blogs at http://blogs.fco.gov.uk

Out of Office Hours Emergency Number + 63 917 530 6431

Please note that our "Out of Office" function does not work outside of the FCO network.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office holds and uses data for purposes notified to the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998 (which may be viewed at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk). Such personal data may be disclosed to other UK Government Departments and public authorities.

***********************************************************************************
    Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. We keep and use information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may release this personal information to other UK government departments and public authorities.

Respected Member
    I hope I have the chance to attend the meeting lol..And willing to assist.Even I am not a British national. I'm from Davao City.Submitted my Visa Application as Fiancee last Dec 18.If that is fix date,,i will inform a British National friend staying here for good.

I would like to attend, and I hope that the lunchtime meeting takes place. However, Ruby is beginning to find it uncomfortable to travel, so it might not be possible.

Respected Member
    I will keep you updated if i got the confirmation email from them.

I have contacted the Consul to express concern that the lunch time meeting might not go ahead, making it difficult for people from outside the city to attend. She tells me that the lunch time meeting will definitely be kept in the schedule. I also enquired whether there was something for spouses to do and am told that they will be welcome in the meeting.

Oh, and, if we get there, it would be good to meet up with others from the forum (Sheila, Georyz?).

Respected Member
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
    Sent: 09 February 2009 02:20:20
    To: Joanne.Finnamore-Crorkin@fco.gov.uk
    Cc: Joanna.Teh@fco.gov.uk

Dear Resident of Davao

My visit to Davao will go ahead and I will arrive at Davao tomorrow afternoon. As the flight arrives earlier than I was first told - I will be able to hold the first meeting with British Nationals at 18.30 to 20.30. My meeting on Wednesday morning will be 8 -10 and the lunch time meeting will be 11.30 to 13.30. We are currently trying to get a small conference room in the Marco Polo hotel. I will keep you posted and let you know when the room is confirmed.

Would you please let me know which time suits you ( and any British friends who may like to join us). My e-mail has been sent to 40+ British nationals and my colleague Hanna will today call those who we do not have an e-mail address for.

I WOULD AGAIN BE GRATEFUL IF YOU WOULD ALL PASS THIS ON TO ANY BRITISH FRIENDS AND ASK THEM TO E-MAIL ME IF THEY PLAN TO ATTEND ANY OF THE MEETINGS - LETTING ME KNOW WHICH MEETING SUITS THEM BEST.

Regards

Joanne

Respected Member
    hi mate, how i wish i can be there but am here in uk now with my wife.

to all those interested to attend please email them. its time to ask them just in case we need the embassy's help when we are in the philippines.

(now am wondering what they will answer if you ask them about that documentary shown in virgin media where a british national couple did not get help unless they pay £70 where in fact they dont have money... ummmm????)

Provided that Ruby is comfortable about traveling on Wednesday, we hope to get to the lunch time meeting. If any other forum members are there, it would be good to have a chat.

Thread Information