Thread: question on visa

Banned

question on visa

hello to all

i just wantt verify a question about spouse visa the requirment is it necessary that the current passort of husband must be pass to embassy when applying? or the photocopy of every pages will do? how about if he rented a room? does it necesarry that he got contract on it? should we pas that as well i read some post here u should pic the interior and extterior of the house..pls anyone who got a full details of the requirement for spouse visa will be greatly appreaciated i know there is on eon sites but i want something for the memeber here itself who done alreadfy and got there spouse visa...

more power am waiting of the reply..

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    hello to all

i just wantt verify a question about spouse visa the requirment is it necessary that the current passort of husband must be pass to embassy when applying? or the photocopy of every pages will do? how about if he rented a room? does it necesarry that he got contract on it? should we pas that as well i read some post here u should pic the interior and extterior of the house..pls anyone who got a full details of the requirement for spouse visa will be greatly appreaciated i know there is on eon sites but i want something for the memeber here itself who done alreadfy and got there spouse visa...

more power am waiting of the reply..
    You can photocopy his passport. I didnt have it stamped as certified copy but some members did it. I just submit it as photocopy but I also included my fiancee now my husbands birth certificate at that time.

Aye, i would suggest get a copy of his tenancy agreement and get some pictures taken of the house.

Its been discussed here already just use the search

Goodluck

just get photo copies of the passport to show all the dates traveling and can match up with the dates u have meet and detailed in ur sponsors letter?
    if hes renting he needs to get a contract or a letter from the owner to say he knows about u staying there maybe also copy of the deeds too certified and photos too.
    it all helps to get the visa.

Banned
    thank you for reply anymore of the link aside from miayela list of requirements

Banned
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=11759

and one from Marylen, and if you still not satisfied on it,go click the search button,i find that link by clicking the search for you ross

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=11759

and one from Marylen, and if you still not satisfied on it,go click the search button,i find that link by clicking the search for you ross
    hi thank you for reply it reaklly help...another question ..my pasport already expire and i need to renew it of course, i ben using my single name there before do now should i use my married name in renewing it, what does they requirement in doing that so...or is it ideal to remain as my sungle name but we are already married now 3 years i much prefer to to used my husband name of couse..hope anyone can give me advice on this what do i submitt o the DFA..to change my single name to married name?

and about in passing all our requirement with the embassy..how can we arrnage or do we need to put all our doc on one envelop like ur pic...chats email receipts mortagage bank statatement etc...how can we organize that one in all neat and clean manners anyone can give me advice please dont want to mess around..

thnak you and more power to all here

Banned
    hi thank you for reply it reaklly help...another question ..my pasport already expire and i need to renew it of course, i ben using my single name there before do now should i use my married name in renewing it, what does they requirement in doing that so...or is it ideal to remain as my sungle name but we are already married now 3 years i much prefer to to used my husband name of couse..hope anyone can give me advice on this what do i submitt o the DFA..to change my single name to married name?

and about in passing all our requirement with the embassy..how can we arrnage or do we need to put all our doc on one envelop like ur pic...chats email receipts mortagage bank statatement etc...how can we organize that one in all neat and clean manners anyone can give me advice please dont want to mess around..

thnak you and more power to all here
    you're welcome ross,just give them the marriage contract from NSO so on that case they will change your passport na to your married name....

And about passing all your documents to VFS,just put in one decent plastic envelope,lol buy one in national bookstore,because VFS will arrange it for you...and after that they have their own "recycle" envelope, i mean by recycle lol is.. that is their envelope they use to forward it through British embassy...

good luck on your application ross

Respected Member
    [QUOTE=Ross;114883]hi thank you for reply it reaklly help...another question ..my pasport already expire and i need to renew it of course, i ben using my single name there before do now should i use my married name in renewing it, what does they requirement in doing that so...or is it ideal to remain as my sungle name but we are already married now 3 years i much prefer to to used my husband name of couse..hope anyone can give me advice on this what do i submitt o the DFA..to change my single name to married name?

REQUIREMENTS FOR PASSPORT RENEWAL

1. Personal Appearance of the applicant
    2. Duly accomplished Passport Application Form (Download application form Page 1 | Page 2)
    3. Three (3) passport size colored photos of the applicant taken against a royal blue background. Applicant should be in decent attire with collar. Photo must be of good quality, and must have been taken within the last six (6) months. Photo size: 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm. Facial image size: Not less than 3 cm. DFA has the right to reject photos that do not comply with specifications and international standards. (See photo guidelines).

(A) Brown Passport or those issued before 01 May 1995:

- Old passport and photocopies of pages 1, 2, 3 (amendment) and the pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps
    - Supporting documents showing completely spelled out middle name
    (B) Green Passport or those issued after 01 May 1995:

- Present passport and photocopies of pages 1, 2, 3 (amendment) and the pages showing latest Bureau of Immigration departure and arrival stamps
    (C) For married women who want to use the surname of their spouses:

- Marriage Contract (MC) printed on Security Paper (SECPA) issued by NSO or Certified True Copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by the NSO
    (D) For new spouses / spouses-to-be / partners of foreign nationals:

- Certificate of attendance of the Guidance and Counselling Seminar issued by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) (the seminars are held in Cebu and Manila)
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Banned
    you're welcome ross,just give them the marriage contract from NSO so on that case they will change your passport na to your married name....

And about passing all your documents to VFS,just put in one decent plastic envelope,lol buy one in national bookstore,because VFS will arrange it for you...and after that they have their own "recycle" envelope, i mean by recycle lol is.. that is their envelope they use to forward it through British embassy...

good luck on your application ross
    oh good thank you for the reply..very much apreciated but am bit confuse on one memeber say to amend your passort is it really necessary for us first to attene that seminar in manila or cebu to get the certificate or its ok for the moment if i renew my passport change to married name without that certiificate..am too far to manila or cebu am from mindanao i will firs rener my passport rather than attnedinf that CFO seMINAR IS IT OK..

and pls anyone can give my full address of the British Embassy to apply for my visa and for my kids passpport.,..
    thank you and more power

Respected Member
    oh good thank you for the reply..very much apreciated but am bit confuse on one memeber say to amend your passort is it really necessary for us first to attene that seminar in manila or cebu to get the certificate or its ok for the moment if i renew my passport change to married name without that certiificate..am too far to manila or cebu am from mindanao i will firs rener my passport rather than attnedinf that CFO seMINAR IS IT OK..

and pls anyone can give my full address of the British Embassy to apply for my visa and for my kids passpport.,..
    thank you and more power

I'm not sure about the rules of the DFA in Davao City but in CDO City they wont let you apply a passport or renew your passport without that CFO certificates.

When I changed my passport using my married name,I went to Cebu first and attended the seminar.

Here's the complete addresses,

British Embassy Manila (Consular Office)

120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Centre, Taguig City, Philippines

Telephone: +63 2 858 2360 | FTN: 8411 2360 | Fax: +63 2 858 2342 | URL: www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk

If you will submit the passport applications for your children personally you do not need to book an appointment.

You can come in anytime during their public hours Mondays - Fridays 8am - 12nn.

If you have an option to send the passport application via courier, payment may be made with a Manager's cheque.

For the exact total fee (kindly check it in the Consular fee list for further guidance).

About the passport picture,the photos must be signed at the back by the countersignatory.

If your husband is in the UK, they can conditionally accept clear copies of his current British passport. However, they will require to see the original of his previous passports,divorce decree if his divorced and his UK long birth certificate.

Upon receipt of the application,they will later advise you if their officer should require an interview with you or any other additional information.

You may apply for your kids passport straight away, it is optional for you to also register their birth through Consular birth registration. Please check their website and see the forms and guidance for the application as your reference. Please ensure you provide them with all listed requirements for the application/s.

Address to where you will submit your visa application,

UK Visa Application Centre – VFS Services Philippine Private Inc.

Phil. AXA Building

Unit 2501-2502, 1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue cor. Tindalo Street,

Makati City 1200

They are open Monday to Friday 8am to 3pm.

Hope it helps
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

thank you and more power
    Since you are renewing your passport so you dont need to ammend it.

Shayla can help you with that as she's done that before for her daughter's passport.

Goodluck

I am so slow in typing shayla is already post it

Banned
    Hi Ross, not sure if you dont need the CFO, hold on i will send u the link of the DFA so you can email them
    here is the link Ross from DFA,spare some minute to read it http://dfa.gov.ph/?page_id=64

ok i read it for married woman who want to use their married name

* personal appearance
    * copy of marriage cert from NSO

note it didn't say there the seminar,so i think its not necessary,scroll down in the middle of that link that i posted

Quote Originally Posted by Shayla View Post
    (D) For new spouses / spouses-to-be / partners of foreign nationals:

- Certificate of attendance of the Guidance and Counselling Seminar issued by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) (the seminars are held in Cebu and Manila)
    I wonder whether this only applies to those who are leaving Philippines on a settlement visa?

For us, living in Philippines, I'm not sure that the CFO seminar is appropriate ... especially if we leave changing the name until Ruby's current passport expires in 2012.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    I wonder whether this only applies to those who are leaving Philippines on a settlement visa?

For us, living in Philippines, I'm not sure that the CFO seminar is appropriate ... especially if we leave changing the name until Ruby's current passport expires in 2012.

Hello Peter,

I'm not sure though but when I applied and changed my old passport into married name they asked me the CFO certificates as well as my marriage contract from NSO.

In Cagayan de Oro DFA website they stated this,

For spouses / spouses-to-be / partners of foreign nationals

Certificate of attendance of the Guidance and Counselling Seminar issued by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) (the seminars are held in Cebu and Manila)

Here's the link..http://rcocdo.philcom.ph/passport.htm

me too when i reniew my passport and use my husband name they ask me also to attain a seminar in manila.i gv my merrage cirti,original and photo copy my birth cirtificate nso with a photo copy, then u have also a personal apperance.that is if u want to ammend ur passport u have to do the cfo.

Banned
    Hello Peter,

I'm not sure though but when I applied and changed my old passport into married name they asked me the CFO certificates as well as my marriage contract from NSO.

Certificate of attendance of the Guidance and Counselling Seminar issued by the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) (the seminars are held in Cebu and Manila)

thank you so much for the reply shyla..very much appreciated..hope your visa come soon..you deserve it..

anyway to fill up the form to apply visa is it done there itself on office of VFS or you can bring those back to wher you stay at night..anyone know a very cheap place to stay on Manila...as in very cheap..not impt if its hotel or not am not maarte,..poor lang po kami lol...any would do as long as safe and clean...

Banned
    thank you so much for the reply shyla..very much appreciated..hope your visa come soon..you deserve it..

anyway to fill up the form to apply visa is it done there itself on office of VFS or you can bring those back to wher you stay at night..anyone know a very cheap place to stay on Manila...as in very cheap..not impt if its hotel or not am not maarte,..poor lang po kami lol...any would do as long as safe and clean...
    lol eh di makitira ka na lng muna sa akin ,di ka nmn siguro tatagal ng buwan hahaha

Respected Member

Hi Ross,your always welcome .Anyway try to fill up the visa form while you're in Davao and bring it with you in Manila when you submit your visa application soon.I think best that way so everything will be ready then and make sure to bring a checklist too and the rest of the documents required.

After submitting your visa application at VFS,they wont be going to return your documents until the ECO will decide about your visa so with that you will need to wait a couple of weeks for you to hear your visa result and as well as the papers.

About the hotel, I paid 27 quid for a night stay in El Cielito Inn and I dunno if there's any other hotels more cheaper than that in Makati.

Thanks for the wishes but I'm always waiting for it,not sure when to receive any result...Hopefully very soon..

hello Ross...i am from mindanao too from cdo, when i renew my passport to my married name the dfa asked me a cfo certificate. They wont renew or give you a new passport in your married name if you dont have that cfo certificate, and in order to get this certificate a woman who is a fiancee or wife should attend a seminar too. If it's not too busy you will able to do the seminar and certificate in one day. I attended the seminar in cebu...as it is much cheaper for me than going to manila. After i got my visa i went back to cebu and as my flight is scheduled in the evening on a friday i went back to cfo office a few steps from the sto nino church got my cfo sticker pasted on my passport. Hope this helps.

Banned
    lol eh di makitira ka na lng muna sa akin ,di ka nmn siguro tatagal ng buwan hahaha
    hahahah grabeh ka naman buwan bang abutin ang pagapply lng nang visa lol..result ceguro hahahaha

wow sure bah am serious kung peudi sa yo ako makitita di man lng tayo magkakilala dont worry am not trouble lol...seriously Mrs.Jmjor..would love to see you when i applied visa this year hopefully when we gather all the requred doc...hoep we conatct each other...maybe i can rent a night in your home if its ok hotel i know its too dear the price is cant afforf it lol...husbadn not rich only a simple englisg fellow lol...anyway you can give me your contact details in case ill go to manila to apply my visa...
    see you

thank you for the offer if your serious about it hehehehe coz i am...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    hello Ross...i am from mindanao too from cdo, when i renew my passport to my married name the dfa asked me a cfo certificate. They wont renew or give you a new passport in your married name if you dont have that cfo certificate, and in order to get this certificate a woman who is a fiancee or wife should attend a seminar too. If it's not too busy you will able to do the seminar and certificate in one day. I attended the seminar in cebu...as it is much cheaper for me than going to manila. After i got my visa i went back to cebu and as my flight is scheduled in the evening on a friday i went back to cfo office a few steps from the sto nino church got my cfo sticker pasted on my passport. Hope this helps.
    thabnks for the reply...am from davao city..dunno what there policy here..but anyone who from Davao city in this forum...can you give me advice is really need the cfo seminar before i could change my sigle name to married name..pls i need advice

more power

Hello Peter,

My wife who is also from CDO also had to attend the seminar and get the CFO certificate before she could change her passport to her married name. I don't think this is a regional thing because it involves two national departments, the DFA and the CFO so the rules are likely to be the same throughout the Philippines
    Iain.

thabnks for the reply...am from davao city..dunno what there policy here..but anyone who from Davao city in this forum...can you give me advice is really need the cfo seminar before i could change my sigle name to married name..pls i need advice

more power
    when i attended CFO seminar in Manila Im already married my spouse visa stamp on my passport but I am still using my old passport with my maiden name on it. I have no time to apply to change it to my married name or ammend it aside from its a fairly new passport about a few months old. I have no problem with it in the seminar although when they put the sticker on it still on my maiden name not on my married name. Again, I didn't have a prob in immigration in Manila when I flew here to UK.

If you have much time you can change ur passport to your married name, I am not sure now how long it takes coz we got a new passport in Phils that machine readable thing. Hope its helps. Good day

Hi!

My Phil passport and CFO stamp were all in my maiden name and never had a problem even here in UK. So I dont think its really necessary to amend your passport if its still valid, just waste of money. Change everything when you apply for Brit passport instead. But I did use my married name in banks, NHS, work, insurance etc...its just easier to say my Brit last name than my maiden name lol..no need to spell them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Hi!

My Phil passport and CFO stamp were all in my maiden name and never had a problem even here in UK. So I dont think its really necessary to amend your passport if its still valid, just waste of money. Change everything when you apply for Brit passport instead. But I did use my married name in banks, NHS, work, insurance etc...its just easier to say my Brit last name than my maiden name lol..no need to spell them out!

that's very true...why change ur passport if it is fairly new just waste of money Like you Im using my husband's name in everything here in UK even my passport is in my maiden name but no prob at all now I am applying for Brit cit I finally able to use his name on my new passport coz I like his last name. His last name is an Irish name and my last name is a Spanish name (typical filipino last name eh) he likes the sounds of it though.

Banned
    ..my pasport already expire and i need to renew it
    passport already expire guys,

passport already expire guys,
    good advice although you can renew passport even its not yet expire...anytime you want, many filipinos do that im not sure if it is the same in UK (may be not £70? for a passport)

Thread Information