Marriage Test - So you think you would like to Marry a Filipina ?

Getting married to a Philippines lady is a great thing but not always great for everyone, its that old story, a Philippines lady can be all things to a man, but not every Philippines lady can be all things to every man, in other words its not a good idea to stereotype Philippine women.

Very often Philippine women are shoved in the same pigeon hole as all other women from the South East Asian countries, such as China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, South Korea.

The women from these countries, tend to have totally different languages, different religions different cultures, different ways of eating food, the only thing they share is the Pacific ocean if they can travel to their local beach.

In that sense if I am honest in writing for the Forum I really ought to discourage British Men from marrying Philippine women simply because they are ‘Filipina’s” perpetuated by some mythical notion that Filipina’s are wonderful, submissive wives that never answer back, and are fantastic in the bedroom !

So I have set a little test for you prospective husbands to see if you really know anything about your future wife’s country, culture and customs, you can work out your own score, and quite frankly if you think there is a cash prize, forget it, its simply for your enjoyment.

The Test

Background questions !

1. Can you find the Philippines on a map ?

2. Do you know what is the Capital City of the Philippines ?

3. Do you know what are the main regions of the Philippines ?

4. Do you know who is the President of the Philippines ?

5. Do you know what are the main languages spoken in the Philippines ?

6. Do you know what the main religions practiced in the Philippines ?

7. Do you know why many Filipinos have Spanish names ?

Personal questions

8. Are you prepared to have children, if so, are you prepared for many children ?
9. Are you prepared to provide “Sustento” for your extended Philippine family for education and other expenses, if they need your help ?

10. Are you fairly tolerant of superstitions ?

11. Do you like Fish products ?

12. Do know what eating implements are preferred

Chopsticks
Silver cutlery
Fingers

13. Do Filipinos bow to each other ?

14. Do you expect your Philippine wife to be submissive and obedient after the marriage ?

15. Are you just getting married for sex ? Be honest about this.

16. What is the difference between Tagalog, Filipino, Bisayan, Cebuano, Ilongo ?

17. What do you think the differences are between a Thai woman, A Japanese woman or a Philippine woman ?

18. Are you wanting to marry a Philippine woman because you think you hate British women ? Be honest with yourself.

19. Do you like hot climates or hate them ?

20. Are you tolerant of Bureaucracy or are do you not suffer fools gladly ?

Ok now you have thought of your answers, see how you did, and see if you answers match mine, then look at your scores and see whether its for you, or you need to do some more thinking ??

Answers in next message.