My friend who had 4 babies, each nine months apart, clearly by those figures had sex within the so called save period. So they were practicing natural birth control. It failed dramatically!

Quote. “Why did he not withdraw before” Having checked on the internet it would seem that about 25% of couples practising that will produce a pregnancy in the first year.

Quote “One study looking at the pregnancy rates of those ‘practicing’ natural birth control in the US, exposed pregnancy rates of approx 12%” That works out at 1 pregnancy in less than nine months for couples having sex 12 times a year. Not an efficient way to limit pregnancy.

The Catholic Church dictates that the reason for sexual intercourse is procreation. Thus withdrawal is against their (dare I say, man made) rules.

For the record: I was a RC but am now an atheist, I am anti abortion.

I WANT TO MAKE IT ABSOLUTELY CLEAR: THAT WHILST ALL FORMS OF CONTRACEPTION HAVE SOME RISK, THE SO CALLED NATURAL METHODS OFFERS ALMOST NO PROTECTION IN THE SHORT TERM AND EVEN LESS IN THE LONG TERM and even then relies on very careful mathematical calculations which uneducated or busy people could not hope to achieve.

I have researched the internet and it is estimated there are 473,000 abortion per year in the Philippines. Thats about 1,300 per day. I think on the BBC prog they said around 500 women a year are known to die during abortions in Philippines.