I had this horrible nagging feeling yesterday about Jet's residence card, and asked het to let me have a look at her passport.
When she finally presented it to me I had a great little surprise.... It is valid until 2013....

Then I started thinking of ILR and all that jazz and how to avoid the rigmarole of asking for Schengen Visas if we were to travel abroad from time to time, and the solution hit me right between the yes....
Why didn't I really think about it before...???

If living outside of Italy Jet can apply for Italian Citizenship (Dual) after 3 years of marriage.
And only after 6 months if living in Italy... (But this does not apply...)

About costs....
I am not sure at the moment but if I manage to get through to the Consulate , I will find out.... Hopefully.

This little solution will be of great help, as an Italian Passport, like others of the major EEA partners, does entitle the holder, to travel to most countries around the world without having to apply for an entry visa before departure (Visa free or stamped on arrival).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_passport

Now............

The same could apply to Pinays married to other EEA Husbands. It is your right.

So ladies I suggest you nag your "Hubbies" () to reasearch it and find out... It could be worth while....

No more messing about with Schengen Visa, and fees.
No more different queues at Immigration.