Thread: Looking for Filipino Care Giver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Looking for Filipino Care Giver

An elderly couple who live in their own home had a wonderful live in care giver who has had to leave. The wife has dementia. They asked no questions. They live in Manchester.

Do you know of a Filipino employemnt website where we can find another live in care giver?
    How do I find someone for them without going through an agency?

Thanks

Respected Member
    Are you meaning they'd like to bring over someone from the Philippines to work for them? If so that's impossible nowadays. So their only option would be to employ someone already in the UK who is free to work for any employer. This limits their options somewhat as it wouldn't include anyone here on a work permit, spouses of British citizens are likely to want that type of job, and students may not be able to work enough hours. Basically limited to anyone who has been here a long while, or possibly came here as a child with their parent(s).

Not sure how they would find someone as it would probably go against racial discrimination laws, possibly claim must speak tagalog as a requirement. Might be a bit dodgy to do that without any real reason to...

Darren I think the key bit in the post was "asked no questions"
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Darren I think the key bit in the post was "asked no questions"
    I saw they mentioned "Filipino employemnt website" so thought they would be happy to employ someone legally if they could.

Unless they really thought overstayers advertised themselves or responded to jobs advertised on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    I saw they mentioned "Filipino employemnt website" so thought they would be happy to employ someone legally if they could.

Unless they really thought overstayers advertised themselves or responded to jobs advertised on the internet?
    Even if you found someone if its not "black employment" you would have to become a proper employer whos going to jump through those hoops then?

Thats why Agencies exist and as you point out its a racist add unless the elderly couple are Tagalog or Cebuano speakers and even then those exist who are not Filipinas
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    if you will please contact me, it is possible I may be able to help you in your quest

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rrgranny View Post
    An elderly couple who live in their own home had a wonderful live in care giver who has had to leave. The wife has dementia. They asked no questions. They live in Manchester.

Do you know of a Filipino employemnt website where we can find another live in care giver?
    How do I find someone for them without going through an agency?

Thanks
    We had member here in the forum, looking for a job, spouse visa and no work permit needed her name is nids, I will try to pm her

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    We had member here in the forum, looking for a job, spouse visa and no work permit needed her name is nids, I will try to pm her
    This advert was a while ago but would someone here on a spouse visa really want a job as a live-in carer anyway?

Banned
    This is a thread to nowhere.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    This is a thread to nowhere.....
    No link Mod, you cant ban or close

i need some extra cash and can do everything but wipe your butt.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    That's why we have JOBCENTREPLUS WEBSITE AND LOCAL NEWS PAPERS. It can help you! Filipinos looking for work are using this to find work. Try it

Thread Information