When you engage in a relation you should be careful not to remain too intimate with an ex. Sometimes it is difficult to delete the past but if you want to build a future you need to make choices. Incidentally I consider Facebook as crap. I recently decided to just cancel my membership and was amazed to find out they needed a justification to strike me off like they had the right to do so!

Anyway back to the topic a person who still fools around with an ex is not reliable. Again you need a good reason for that. I still have contacts with an ex of mine but she happens to be an excellent doctor and whenever I have some health issue or need a medicine with a prescription I ask her first but apart from that we are merely friends and there is no misunderstanding and no crossing of the intimate border. And discussing the past over and over is always destructive.

Who was that English writer who said: "men want to be the first in a woman's life, and women want to be the last in a man's life....." Somerset Maugham perhaps????