Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Four Weeks & 2 Days & Rochelyn Received Settlement Visa

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Well, I can hardly believe it but I spoke with Rochelyn this morning and she told me she has her passport in her hands with the settlement visa in.
    That means she received it after 4 weeks and 2 days.

I am over the moon, and she is (as usual) a little nervous

So my money will now go away
    Another Congratulations
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Well, I can hardly believe it but I spoke with Rochelyn this morning and she told me she has her passport in her hands with the settlement visa in.

congratulation to both of you well done!
    all things are possible!

wow congrats to both of you ...Just be sure you have atleast £100/month extra for nanay and tatay

Respected Member
    Congrats both... very very quick. Well done!

Congratulations Mike and Rochelyn. Not too long to wait now for the two of you to be together. We wish you all the happiness in your life ahead.

Paul And Shirley

so quick aposhark !..... Congratulations to you and Rochelyn

Banned

Wink

Thank you to all who replied to this thread.

Thank you so much to everyone who has offered advice and suggestions over the past year.

Now that my wife has her visa, we are planning for her to join me. It will probably be in a couple of months’ time due to my work commitments, and I also want to go back to the Philippines to accompany her back to the UK for her “new” life here.
    I feel the long journey will be much nicer for her with me by her side and I would like her to have a smooth transition from the Philippines to the UK, as I am sure she will be sad at saying goodbye to her family.

It really is such a valuable forum here, and to realise that looking back, how "green" we all start out learning as we go from all the people who have successfully got their visas.

For all the new people joining the forum, keep on persevering and logging on to the forum, as all the people here are very helpful and, in the end, you will achieve your dream of being with the one you love.

After falling for your Filipina(o), the whole process of trying to be together can seem very daunting at times and the waiting seems endless, but don’t give up and pick up hints and tips on what others have done to get their visa.

I visited Rochelyn in Cebu and we prepared her visa application together.
    For us, I thought this was essential as her English is not as good as she wants it to be, but she is progressing along nicely with the books she has. I feel it is more about confidence than about incorrect grammar, but with encouragement, she is getting better all the time.

I bought books on English Grammar for her in the “National Bookstore” in Cebu City, and she was enjoying studying when I last saw her a month ago.

So, to help others in their quest, I will mention a few things that I hope will help you:

I took photos of all Rochelyn’s texts to me and put them in a “Word.doc”, ten photos to a page and printed on both sides. I put them in chronological order. I did this as Rochelyn could not get itemised phone statements.
    She only had 4 letters from me as many did not make it to her house

I made printouts of all of our emails and separated them a) me to her and b)her to me. (make sure you edit out the "naughty but nice" comments ) I made sure the dates were in the photos.

We included a small photo album, and kept the quantity to a minimum, about 40 in total. I felt it best to write in “Visit 1 of 3” and put the date next to them. I made sure the pictures were always of us together and with her family etc. All photos were annotated.

I bought cardboard file folders in Cebu City, ones with the ribbon attached.
    I numbered these as per the visa application checklist; I was very thorough on how I did this.
    On the outside of the folder, I wrote in large felt tip what the contents were.
    There was one folder that did not have a number so I named it “before number 1”, this had the UKVAC appointment letter, her passport etc.
    I was glad I did this as Rochelyn was very nervous when she entered the UKVAC building and I wanted her to feel better about her collection of documents, but more importantly, I wanted the ECO who would look at her visa application later to easily check the documents.
    She asked to chat in Tagalog at the UKVAC, and the lady she met told her she had so much evidence of relationship.

This was my sponsorship letter – it was one page only.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MY NAME
    Xx xxxxxx STREET
    MY CITY
    MY COUNTY
    “POSTCODE HERE”
    Tel XXXXX-XXXXXX

January 25, 2009 Presently in Cebu City

Dear Sir(s),

My name is XXXXXXXX and I am writing this letter as the husband and sponsor of my wife, Mrs. XXXXXXXXXX (nee XXXXXX).
    I went on a holiday to the Philippines arriving January 16, 2008 and I met XXXXXX XXXXX on February 03, 2008.
    She was working as a waitress in a restaurant “Ging Ging’s” on Malapascua Island, off the north tip of Cebu Island. She took some days off work and we spent these together and fell in love on Malapascua.
    On February 20 2008, I went with Rochelyn to visit her parents on Carnaza Island, also near the north tip of Cebu Island.
    I left the Philippines on February 28, 2009 for the UK and phoned Rochelyn from the UK regularly. Our love grew and we started to make plans for me to return to see her.
    I returned to the Philippines to see Rochelyn for the second time on June 30, 2008 and visited her parents on Carnaza Island again. I asked her father for permission to marry Rochelyn. He agreed.
    We planned our wedding and married in Daanbantayan, Cebu on August 06, 2008.
    I returned to the UK on August 17, 2008 and my wife and I kept in contact again almost every day, mostly by “Skype” and phone/texts.
    I arrived in the Philippines for the third visit on January 21, 2009. I came to assist my wife with her UK visa application. I will return to the UK 06 February, 2009.
    Regarding evidence of relationship: I would just like to point out that I have a private limited company. My itemised telephone bills were still with the accountant for the end of year accounts. If these phone bills are still required, please contact me on “EMAIL ADDRESS” and I will scan them and send them over the email to the VAC or British Embassy.
    I have low monthly outgoings in the UK as my rent and utility bills are offset against corporation tax.
    Please note: My wife was unable to include a summary of my finances/savings on the online application form as the form did not save this information.
    Just before I flew to the Philippines, the UK voter registration document arrived at my house; it incorrectly showed the previous tenants. I will be rectifying this on arrival in Rugby, England.
    Please contact me if you require any further information
    Yours Faithfully,

Mr. xxxx xxxxxxxx
    January 19th 2009
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    .......Enjoy the moment mate you will need to learn 2 important Tagalog words, for your wife who is coming to be happy.

1. Padala

2. Pera.

If you can master these two words, you will do fine..
    Please enlighten me Pete

padala / pera means

1 the roofs leaking
    2 great uncles sick
    3 the dogs sick
    etc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5olidsnake View Post
    padala / pera means

1 the roofs leaking
    2 great uncles sick
    3 the dogs sick
    etc
    They sound ominous thanks 5olidsnake

They sound ominous thanks 5olidsnake
    another one to learn is "balikbayan" full of spam, clothes and other items which can be purchased in philippines cheaper but is also sent"pasalubong"

Nice one sorted anoter story of sucess. I can now go down to Tescos with a smile on me face as I take on the crazed beings and their shopping trolleys.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

good news congratulations Aposhark and to your wife

Congratulation's!

Phillip and Frances
    True love waits.

Another inspiration couple
    that's great to hear Mike Congratulation to you and Rochelyn
    Oh so it means ur in rush tidying up
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! THAT's SO FAST!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information