Thread: my girlfriend

Newbie (Restricted Access)

my girlfriend

i have a filipino girlfriend that lives in cebu, does any one know, if i send her on a six month college course to become a care worker can i employ her to be a full time careworker looking after my ill mother in the uk. thanks alan, oh yer i would employe her

Quote Originally Posted by alan42 View Post
    i have a filipino girlfriend that lives in cebu, does any one know, if i send her on a six month college course to become a care worker can i employ her to be a full time careworker looking after my ill mother in the uk. thanks alan, oh yer i would employe her

Only if you marry her and get a spouse visa for the UK
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    i dont think so,you can make it, just marry here there in phil and i guess you will succeed,shocking replying post in the forum 2am here in the uk,wahhh cant go sleep

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Only if you marry her and get a spouse visa for the UK
    Marriage is the easiest way, though I guess this is being asked because marriage isn't seen as an option yet.

The only way you could employ her directly is if your mother moved out to the Philippines for at least a year and employed her there first, but I guess this won't be an option.

You could try looking at a student visa, though your girlfriend would have to do 16 hours of day-time study per week during term time. The only issue is she should only work 20 hours per week during term time, though I guess it depends exactly what you mean by a full-time carer.

In direct answer to your question: NO

You must employ a European citizen.

Your girlfriend will have very few points to even get in the UK as a cleaner!

Training to be a careworker in the Phil is worth bugger all in this country, they have to start at the bottom and do an NVQ.

The hint is in the word 'girlfriend'. The only visa's applicable are Fiancée or Spouse.

And I personally think it's a bit sad wanting your 'girlfriend' to look after your ill mother, when it is your own families responsibility. I'd call that abuse, regardless of what she says, this is a strange country to any Filipina coming here, and it can be very difficult to adjust without being given the instant responsibility of looking after someone else.
    Keith - Administrator

i agree with u boss Keith ur right

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    Looks like slave labor to me...

Quote Originally Posted by alan42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

Training to be a careworker in the Phil is worth bugger all in this country, they have to start at the bottom and do an NVQ.

The hint is in the word 'girlfriend'. The only visa's applicable are Fiancée or Spouse.

And I personally think it's a bit sad wanting your 'girlfriend' to look after your ill mother, when it is your own families responsibility. I'd call that abuse, regardless of what she says, this is a strange country to any Filipina coming here, and it can be very difficult to adjust without being given the instant responsibility of looking after someone else.

Respected Member
    Credit crunch
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

and it can be very difficult to adjust without being given the instant responsibility of looking after someone else.
    So I shouldnt marry her and bring her to the UK boss???
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

I agree with that Boss, im new here and its even hard for me to adjust the culture, weather, and the people though ive been with my husband in Phils..so sad for her....give her a break

Thread Information