Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
the sure start one is meant for those who are on low income, who would struggle to buy cot, clothes etc for a new baby, and who wants to be on a low income
Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
That smacks of encouragement to single motherhood....
... true...

those who are on Income Support/unemployed, they do not have SMPs unlike working mums...

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
We also received and applied for the Health in Pregnancy Grant Claim yesterday. £190, yehey!!!!
Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
am i entitled to get that £190 grant too?
according to the website::
you may not get the grant if:
* you are subject to immigration control or
* you are not present, ordinarily resident or have a right to reside in the UK
my husband thinks that i am subject to immigration control... is this right?
so we're not sure if we can get that grant or not.
we will see... hehe... since I have just sent the form yesterday, we shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
thanks piamed! guess better to ask my midwife.. we'll meet her in 2 weeks. hopefully we can get that.. big help for baby stuff
definitely, a £190quid will be such a great help... buying new born nappies or even a cot

Quote Originally Posted by misscarie View Post
hehe ... i also got mine my midwife gave it to me when i had my check up last tuesday. yehey
coool

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
What about us men? Aren't we entitled to anything??? After all, there would be no pregnancy without us!! This smacks of an equality issue!!

I claim the right to have the same as women (even though I haven't got a womb)
Al.
ermmm... lol... the £190 is for the baby stuff lol ...
Baby = the product of mum+dad hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
That is a nice info zobel. I didnt know that as you said its new. I will see my midwife nextweek so I will ask her Its a good help financially
any amount is indeed a big help... even if it's £5... aren't we very privilege having lots of benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
goodluck for being preggy Zobel...
salamat po!