Thread: Heartiest Congratulations ...

Thumbs up Heartiest Congratulations ...

... Hellooo:... to PeterB and Ruby on the birth of their beautiful baby girl - a very healthy 9lbs plus.

Here's wishing the three of you all the joy and happiness you so richly deserve.

Arthur & Myrna:

Congrats Ruby & PeterB.

This Baby is Your Blessing, I wish happiness in every way,
    Good luck God Bless.

I say And many Blessings and wishes,
    To Welcome Baby into Your Life Today.

Congratulations Ruby and PeterB
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Wow big baby Glad Mum and baby is ok.
    Congratulations to u both

congrats for u and the baby

Congrats to you both PeterB and Ruby, wonderful news!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Thanks for posting, Arthur, and for the congratulations from everyone.

As Tuesday progressed, Ruby was beginning to feel more and more 'uncomfortable'. There was no breaking of waters, or very obvious contractions, so the obvious thing was to visit the OB/Gyne Doc. We were the first to be seen, at 3pm, on her afternoon clinic. A swift IE revealed that Ruby was already 5 - 6 cms dilated, and the advice was to book into hospital immediately.

The process of booking in took a while, then Ruby was ushered off while I brought in all the necessities from the car. By the time I got back, Ruby was already in the 'Labor (sic) Room' and I wasn't allowed to see her. However, because Ruby had opted for 'Painless' birth (epidural - Gas and Air not being an option here), she was soon moved to the operating room and I was able to walk beside her trolley. Seeing that I had my videocam with me, one of the four attending doctors offered to record the birth for me.

After some time in OR, her OB/Gyne came out, saying that she had a 'conference' to attend, but would be back later. The news was that Ruby was now 7cms dilated, but the baby still wasn't low enough for the birth. The doc returned at about 8 - 8.30 and reported that Ruby was now 8cms, but the baby still wasn't descending, despite encouragement from the physicians and efforts on Ruby's part.

The decision was taken to perform a CS, and I signed the appropriate consent form. At 8:48 pm, Sky emerged from her dark and watery world, weighing only 3.7kgs (8lbs 2oz), despite the estimate of 9lbs+ from the last scan. The reason for Sky not descending became clear - although she was in 'Cephalic presentation' at the last scan, we know that she has been very active and mobile throughout the latter months of the pregnancy - she had managed to turn herself into a semi-transverse presentation.

Because of the CS, Ruby was kept in the hospital for three nights and we came home at about midday today.

Sky and Ruby are both doing well, and both sleeping right now (10:30 pm). I need to catch up on my sleep too, so will soon go to join them.

Oh, and the total medical bill for all of this (including the video!), staying in a private air-con room, was around 70,000 pesos. I wonder how much you would pay for a private CS in UK???

I will post some photos and, perhaps, some video, in the next few days.

WOW Congratulations!!!

Well done! DO not forget to give Ruby her 1st Mother's Day Card/Flowers on 22nd of March!

Banned
    wow hao pang ah,congratz peterb and ruby ,

Respected Member
    Congratulations Ruby and PeterB

Im glad they are both ok. And welcome to Sky
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post

As Tuesday progressed, Ruby was beginning to feel more and more 'uncomfortable'. There was no breaking of waters, or very obvious contractions, so the obvious thing was to visit the OB/Gyne Doc. We were the first to be seen, at 3pm, on her afternoon clinic. A swift IE revealed that Ruby was already 5 - 6 cms dilated, and the advice was to book into hospital immediately.

The process of booking in took a while, then Ruby was ushered off while I brought in all the necessities from the car. By the time I got back, Ruby was already in the 'Labor (sic) Room' and I wasn't allowed to see her. However, because Ruby had opted for 'Painless' birth (epidural - Gas and Air not being an option here), she was soon moved to the operating room and I was able to walk beside her trolley. Seeing that I had my videocam with me, one of the four attending doctors offered to record the birth for me.

After some time in OR, her OB/Gyne came out, saying that she had a 'conference' to attend, but would be back later. The news was that Ruby was now 7cms dilated, but the baby still wasn't low enough for the birth. The doc returned at about 8 - 8.30 and reported that Ruby was now 8cms, but the baby still wasn't descending, despite encouragement from the physicians and efforts on Ruby's part.

The decision was taken to perform a CS, and I signed the appropriate consent form. At 8:48 pm, Sky emerged from her dark and watery world, weighing only 3.7kgs (8lbs 2oz), despite the estimate of 9lbs+ from the last scan. The reason for Sky not descending became clear - although she was in 'Cephalic presentation' at the last scan, we know that she has been very active and mobile throughout the latter months of the pregnancy - she had managed to turn herself into a semi-transverse presentation.

Because of the CS, Ruby was kept in the hospital for three nights and we came home at about midday today.

Sky and Ruby are both doing well, and both sleeping right now (10:30 pm). I need to catch up on my sleep too, so will soon go to join them.

Oh, and the total medical bill for all of this (including the video!), staying in a private air-con room, was around 70,000 pesos. I wonder how much you would pay for a private CS in UK???

Warm wishes to you PeterB and Ruby on being blessed with a miracle
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

wow congratulation!
    all things are possible!

A new addition to the family! Congratulations to you and your wife.
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Well done Ruby and congratulations to both of you, cannot wait for our next one to come along in about seven months time.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Congrats for the new parents
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    Congratulations to you PeterB and Ruby.

good your all ok and congrats Peter

i think all CS's are done in private

my misses had a CS in the uk, and we didn't go private, what's the point ? she was on a ward of 6 other beds for a couple of days and most of the time 2 or 3 of the beds were empty. to all the nhs staff, i could have gone in while she had the CS but i had my little gal with me, so we had to wait outside, but within mins of being born the nurse brought him to us

my stepsons little girl, total cost on palawan for a CS was 59,000 php and my misses was questioning why the need for a CS, well that's a risk of a private health system, funny my stepsons g/f and your wife both needed CS's i wonder how many kids are born by CS in the phils

anyway both babes are ok, that's what matters

Most doctors here do CS now ... That means more
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

congratulations to newly proud parents, Peter and Ruby..

Quote Originally Posted by empott View Post
    Most doctors here do CS now ... That means more
    yes the re-action of my misses at first was , the . as the bill had just gone from 20k php to 59k php

Thread Information