Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successfull visa application

Successfull visa application

Hi to everyone out there, this is spindrift i haven't posted anything for a long time but i do have news. My fiancee Rose has had her visa application approved for the UK, what a relief for us both, and in a reccesion with me working in the construction industry, someone was smiling on us.
    I have been over to the Philippines 3 times last year and go back again in a couple of weeks to collect Rose, she does not want to travel alone.
    The UK is going be a very different place for her coming as she does originally from Camotes and now Cebu.
    I hope that she will be able to make friends with some filipino's already here, we live in the Kent area. Can anyone here give me any advice I might need about her first few weeks in the UK or maybe like to share their experience's with us both.
    Its funny I had a thought the other day, its like the visa is the impossible dream for many, but now it is reallity it is now dawning on Rose that she can actually leave the Philippines and is going to leave all she knows behind, a scarey thought as the tears have proved the other day on cam.
    Best wishes to you all, Spindrift.

Banned
    wow congratulation to you both rose and spindrift,bought her a thick coat,hmmm but summer is approaching,good for her....just give her the 100 % support cause being away from her family is really hard,so dont leave her in her few days if shes already here in Uk,

congratzzzzzzzz

goodluck and dont worry to muchshe`ll be fine with you by her side
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Congratulations for both of you
    S J

Congratulations!

Respected Member
    Congratulations for u both
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Hi to everyone out there, this is spindrift i haven't posted anything for a long time but i do have news. My fiancee Rose has had her visa application approved for the UK, what a relief for us both, and in a reccesion with me working in the construction industry, someone was smiling on us.
    I have been over to the Philippines 3 times last year and go back again in a couple of weeks to collect Rose, she does not want to travel alone.
    The UK is going be a very different place for her coming as she does originally from Camotes and now Cebu.
    I hope that she will be able to make friends with some filipino's already here, we live in the Kent area. Can anyone here give me any advice I might need about her first few weeks in the UK or maybe like to share their experience's with us both.
    Its funny I had a thought the other day, its like the visa is the impossible dream for many, but now it is reallity it is now dawning on Rose that she can actually leave the Philippines and is going to leave all she knows behind, a scarey thought as the tears have proved the other day on cam.
    hello congratulations to you both. which part of Kent are you? the important thing is just support her all the way which i know you would. let her bring or you buy her a thermal wear,coats,cardigan coz im sure she will not be used to with the weather.

Hi DianaKevy
    Thanks, We will be living in Whitstable when Rose arrives here. Yes i am taking some warm clothes with me for her, then later in the uk we'll go clothes shopping so she can choose the style she likes. Yes i have and will continue to support Rose in every aspect, we are so in love. She is a truely wonderfull girl and i know i am so lucky to have met her. Like we say we are 50/50 in everything. Thanks to all who gave congrats.

Hi Spindrift, congratulations to you and your fiancee. Well done.
    How many weeks did you wait for the decision?
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Respected Member
    Congratulations Spindrift and Wife !...
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Congrats!!!

hi congrats may i know how long it takes the visa for u to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by nids123 View Post
    hi congrats may i know how long it takes the visa for u to wait?
    Hi and thanks for your kind words, we submitted fiancee visa application on January 12th 2009 with british embassy in Manila and the visa was granted
    march 6th. Its is worth noting we had 18 months of relationship evidence in 3 large folders, I had travelled to the phils 3 times i 2008, we have a church wedding booked in May and had letters of support from our vicar and our Bishop. I sent a signed affid david of our relationship and financial support. We also used the services of "the practice" visa assisance who proccesed all our papers and advised us before submmition to Manila, yes it costs but worth it I am sure. Roses visa is valid from april 5th 2009, we get married May 9th so plenty of time for the spousal status application.

congrats 2 both of you......

hi spendrift thank you for the answer just want to know if how long to wait coz i have to count my mine too.congrats to both of you.

Hi and thanks for your kind words, we submitted fiancee visa application on January 12th 2009 with british embassy in Manila and the visa was granted
    march 6th. Its is worth noting we had 18 months of relationship evidence in 3 large folders, I had travelled to the phils 3 times i 2008, we have a church wedding booked in May and had letters of support from our vicar and our Bishop. I sent a signed affid david of our relationship and financial support. We also used the services of "the practice" visa assisance who proccesed all our papers and advised us before submmition to Manila, yes it costs but worth it I am sure. Roses visa is valid from april 5th 2009, we get married May 9th so plenty of time for the spousal status application.
    Hello Spindrift CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU & YOUR FIANCEE
    The waiting time and the efforts are all worth it
    God Bless both of you

hi spendrift thank you for the answer just want to know if how long to wait coz i have to count my mine too.congrats to both of you.
    Hello Nids I just want to ask when did you submit your application? I submitted mine last Dec 19 '08. Im in nearly 12 weeks of waiting..
    Goodluck to both of us and to everyone still waiting for their results. Lets all hope and pray for it to be successful
    God Bless By the way may i add you??

Congratulaions...

Congratulations to you & your fiancee
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Congratulations to you both! Great timing now the snow has gone :P

Try to bring back a few things you can't get here to suprise her just for those moments when you can see she is a bit home sick

> Mrjarv

hi deltonmay29 i submitted mine last jan 28 09 so its almost 6 weeks waiting.im so strees coz my husband is getting crazy and annoyed of taking so long for him to wait for me his in uk sence sept.so its been 6 months sence he lift he is so upsit.i hope that we will have our visa soon also and the other here waiting specially bunso shayla.goodluck to u and us here.

Congratulations to you both mate.

I would suggest that you try to identify a local Filipino shop if there is one near to you. Not sure where in kent you are but if you are near one of the big hospitals you will, for sure, have some pinoy near to you. If you see one you can ask where you can purchase ingredients for Rose to cook home foods.

Rose is coming as the weather is improving, so showing her walks to the local shops should not be a problem. I would also ensure that Rose will have access to the internet while you are working so that she can keep in touch with family and friends.

Apart from that just enjoy the fact that you are together finally. Do remember though, that the adjustment may take some time. Particularly, in terms of Rose understanding local accents, wanting to talk to people, etc.

All the best.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Respected Member
    congratulations!!!

Respected Member
    hi deltonmay29 i submitted mine last jan 28 09 so its almost 6 weeks waiting.im so strees coz my husband is getting crazy and annoyed of taking so long for him to wait for me his in uk sence sept.so its been 6 months sence he lift he is so upsit.i hope that we will have our visa soon also and the other here waiting specially bunso shayla.goodluck to u and us here.

Lol ..

Ate Nids, your calling me bunso huh......Lucky though I'm younger in age but matured in mind..

Anyways good luck for the three of us and to the rest who are still waiting...

P.S.. Let the problem, problem you!... Cheer up and tell your husband to be more patient and have faith in God always.. all will turn out well soon..

God bless us all..
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Congratulations to you both

Congratulations!!!
    Louella & Iain.

Congratulations to you both! Another happy story in the making!

These are my thoughts:
    In your avatar, she looks very petite, i doubt she is dress size 8, she might be 6... Maybe, let her spend some time with her girl mates and buy lots of clothes: tops/dresses/camis/jeans and shoes to bring with her in the UK... This will work out to be less costly.

To give yo a rough idea:
    £5 - Top/Shirt is decent enough already
    £5 to £10 - Jeans is already lush
    £8 - Slippers or everyday step is perfect
    £3 - Bag (shoulder/backpack/clutch bag) is OK
    £21.00 = TOTAL for the whole outfit if bought in the Philippines...

what can you buy for £21.00 here in the UK? maybe 1 top only...
    Plus she will be able to find the right dress/shoe size for her. Most of the time, Pinays are very conscious when it comes to spending lots of money (especially for newbies... but not for Pinays who have adopted the UK life already - LOL). They tend to convert the ££££ to PhP all the time, at the end she will be very hesitant to buy coz of the conversion thing lurking in her mind...

With winter warmers, best to buy it here in the UK.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=14480

Post hello, im new to this site

Congratulation!!!!
    I'm very thankful about sharing your experience in visa procesing....i helps alot to those applicant like me.....I'm new to this site, and i'm happy that i found this site,,,,,,,,,
    Is there a medical test required now in applying a fiancee visa?

what is the advantage of having a british agency? and what are thier rule for the paper works?....I ask this kind of question..'coz my fiancee get an agency from england......
    thanx

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rayofLight View Post
    Is there a medical test required now in applying a fiancee visa?
    I already answered this question on your other post....

Quote Originally Posted by rayofLight View Post
    what is the advantage of having a british agency? and what are thier rule for the paper works?....I ask this kind of question..'coz my fiancee get an agency from england......
    thanx
    Don't bother wasting money on agencies, they cannot help in any practical way, I reckon...

All you have to do is to collect and collate all the required documentation, and deliver it personally to VFS in Manila, where they will check it for accuracy, take a finger print scan and digital photograph for security purposes, Before forwarding everything to the Embassy for processing.

Agencies will be unable to do this......

Newbie (Restricted Access) Marry Pauline's Avatar
    Congratulation Sprindrift and Rose...

I can't share so much but just make her feel secure, give her a hug every time she feels sad and that your always there for her, she will be alright.

God bless to both you... :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information