Hi everyone, i have recently joined this forum.
I have a Filipina girlfriend(fiance) which i met last December 09 and fell deeply in love with. I knew i i had found the woman of my dreams(my soulmate)before we met.
The day we met at Manila airport i will never forget, i surprised her by sneaking up from behind in the croud outside the airport after she had texted me what she was wearing and i texted her back.
I touched her back and said her name, she turned around looking amazed to see me standing there and shocked as i just appearded behind her.
She has one of those smiles which brightens everyones day(contagous smile as we call it) we got in a taxi and found a hotel, eventually we got to my room. We felt such at ease with each other as we had really known each other over the internet for nearly a year. So many chats we had on messenger, phone calls, texts, e-mails.
Some time later after talking in person and after freshing up in the bathroom we went out eat and a little sight seeing. We got back later to the Hotel, she was a lady and i was a gentleman. I gave her some taxi money and waved her off. I was in my room alone feeling very tired but happy.
We met downstairs of the hotel dining area for breakfast. After the second night staying at the hotel her family invited me to thier house and then to stay with them.
I felt a little nervous espiecally as they are a big family.they were so nice and made me feel really welcome.
To cut a long story short, i had the best time and met a wonderful woman who i really fell in love with. We got engaged while i was there and i brought her a ring.
The thought of my last day there i was always trying to keep in the back of my mind, but when i came to ride to the taxi ride back and arriving at the airport and saying goodbye, that was really rough for me. the flight back was long and lonely, arriving back in England.. well not too pleasant as i knew it was going to be a long time before we met again.
Back to England and reality, festive period over, glum faces, recession.
Seeing her back home on the webcam was nice of course seeing her but at the same time kinda hard.
Well i think it maybe three months since ive been back now and we have been intouch maybe everyday perhaps. I have to stop myself from calling and texting so often sometimes as my phone bill as never been so big, i just think well i dont go out drinking like some or spending money on designer cloths.

We are in the process of getting the fiance visa applicion ready, im so worried and anxious about it. I am not rushing it as i dont want any mistakes to be made or worse the application to get refused. I just want it to go well and pray that we get granted our visa.

At the moment i am living at my mothers place, she has told me i can stay here as long as i want and that i should save money for a deposit for a morgage.

Can anyone tell me please if i should rent accomadation before we put in our application for the visa? and also how much should i have in savings if any? I work self employed as a taxi driver with my own veichle also do airport travel excetra. up until last year i never took my work seriously as i am self employed and am my own boss( so i choose my own hours)
I recently saw a solicitor for advice on this matter and was told to work hard for a couple of months and put all earnings in the bank and any expensies use my account to pay for them. I have been doing that now for about six weeks now, working hard putting all earning in my bank account, using my account for expensies. The last two weeks of Febuary was slow and all this on the news all the time was getting me worried about the global recession, but work is picking up and i am doing fine.
We miss each other so much more and more, i just worry about this visa......
can anyone please help and give me advice