Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: money

Newbie (Restricted Access)

money

hi ya am new here anybody here knows how to send money in philippines on the cheapest and instantly way?

pnb europe thou not instant, next day

http://www.pnbeurope.com/Remittance.htm

Lcc ,4 pound only
    M&M

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GEES View Post
    hi ya am new here anybody here knows how to send money in philippines on the cheapest and instantly way?

www.xoom.com

It is not the cheapest, but reliable.

Average time at the moment... 24/36 hours.

LMS remittance 7 pounds
    True love waits.

what

hi what is LLc or LCC for 4 pounds? and how many days to arrive to philippines? i am looking for cheap but quick to dispatch like moneygram or western they are 10 minutes only but very expensive am looking for cheapo but quick

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    pnb europe thou not instant, next day
    hi thanks , but pnb is not instant or maybe instant but they close at 3 err

Respected Member
    The cheapest quickest (free and instant) way is to open up a Nationwide cash card account and give the card and PIN to the person in the Philippines. Obviously not suitable in all cases (it you are sending to multiple people), and it may not stay free forever.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

thank you i am not keen on xoom as they only ask for credit card but i only have a debit card which is maestro only so not good plus the fact that they only show as dollar and not on pounds

Banned
    thank you i am not keen on xoom as they only ask for credit card but i only have a debit card which is maestro only so not good plus the fact that they only show as dollar and not on pounds
    Open a paypal account, and get the funds to xoom that way...

Respected Member
    hi thanks , but pnb is not instant or maybe instant but they close at 3 err
    Think you are going to struggle to find something to move money from the UK to the Philippines that is reliable, cheap, instant and available 24 hours a day.

Are you trying to transfer money to a bank account or make the money available for someone to collect?

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    www.xoom.com

I agree with you Sir...

hi..
    please check Sunrise Remittance UK LTD....visit it's website...http://sunriseremit.com/
    i would suggest, ur beneficiary/beneficiaries may open a SMART MONEY CARD in the Phils...once they have it...they could receive remittances as quickly as a speeding bullet....(5 minutes more or less).. Charges start at 4gbp...exchange rate is high compared to other remittances companies...
    hope this will help!!!!!

Nationwide is about to start charges for useing ATM's abroad.

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum

I used xoom through paypal and its good
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky View Post
    hi..
    please check Sunrise Remittance UK LTD....i would suggest, ur beneficiary/beneficiaries may open a SMART MONEY CARD in the Phils...once they have it...they could receive remittances as quickly as a speeding bullet....(5 minutes more or less).. Charges start at 4gbp...exchange rate is high compared to other remittances companies...
    hope this will help!!!!!
    Might be me but I can't find any charge of £4.

Think I stick to PNB which basically offer the same exchange rate and charge £5 for a bank to bank transfer of up to £1000. Sunrise would cost me more especially if moving large amounts (PNB only charge £7 for up to £10,000).

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Nationwide is about to start charges for useing ATM's abroad.
    This has been mentioned a couple of times already, though what has been highlighted is (at least for the time being) you won't be charged if you have a Cash Card account (non-visa Debit card)

LCC Trans-Sending,( 02074071800) www.lcctransenvia.com .Bank to bank in 3 days for 4 pound, use it all the time,
    M&M

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    LMS remittance 7 pounds
    Do you have any personal experience with them? I need to send some money to Phils and this looks good - reasonable exchange rate and reasonable fees as well. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Just been looking at their pages - cant see any conditions there and how to remit through them. Do you need to be their customer/have an account in there? Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Just been looking at their pages - cant see any conditions there and how to remit through them. Do you need to be their customer/have an account in there? Cheers...

yes, i am afraid so... you need to fill up some forms... but, you will do this just once... and after this, sending money is so easy plus they have very good competitive rates

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    yes, i am afraid so... you need to fill up some forms... but, you will do this just once... and after this, sending money is so easy plus they have very good competitive rates
    Awww, exactly as I thought, thanks anyway, might be handy in the future this info...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1 View Post
    LCC Trans-Sending,( 02074071800) www.lcctransenvia.com .Bank to bank in 3 days for 4 pound, use it all the time,
    Tried to click it but internet cannot recognized?
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

hi thanks for the reply but i am not so keen on xoom as they only charge by dollar which is bit complicated its nice to know the pounds straight away instead of dollar so that i will know how much the charges are. anyway thanks a lot but xoom is not so good thank you.i been on moneygram which is very reliable the reciever could collect the money in 5 minutes but the only problem with this is the charge but not too bad than western union .so i might carry on the moenygram then .about the paypal yes i am a paypal member but the problem is the receiver must join the paypal as well which is bit complicated because the receiver is not much knowledge on doing this she dont know how to join paypal i told her many times but she is not keen

wow that sounds very cheap but i am not so keen on bank to bank because it means they also need to open an account which is bit complicated to the receiver.in philippines when you open a bank account you need to prove 2 IDs the problem is they only have 1 id so i think not easy.plus you can only get the moeny when the bank is open and very limited hour as well.thanks guys

Banned
    hi thanks for the reply but i am not so keen on xoom as they only charge by dollar which is bit complicated its nice to know the pounds straight away instead of dollar so that i will know how much the charges are. anyway thanks a lot but xoom is not so good thank you.i been on moneygram which is very reliable the reciever could collect the money in 5 minutes but the only problem with this is the charge but not too bad than western union .so i might carry on the moenygram then .about the paypal yes i am a paypal member but the problem is the receiver must join the paypal as well which is bit complicated because the receiver is not much knowledge on doing this she dont know how to join paypal i told her many times but she is not keen

I respect your views on Xoom, but I must state that it doesn't matter wether the receiver is a paypal member at all.

I do our transfers through xoom in conjunction with paypal and haven't encountered any problems that way.
    Paypal takes the money from our account and authorises xoom to deliver it to the recipient.
    This can be done by direct bank deposit, or cash in the hand by courier, whichever is selected at the time of ordering.
    For moneygram or WU, the recipient has to make his/her way to the nearest office for withdrawal, using special passwords and things.
    This system has also been proven slightly dangerous as the recipient could very well be followed and robbed.
    It is generally known that people exiting such offices normally do carry money.....

Only a couple of bob's worth....

Have to agree with the xoom option. It's only you who needs a paypal account. It couldn't be more simpler.

Just look up the conversion on the net...easy

hi thanks, yes i would like to send money someone to collect not to wait for 2 to 3 days , thats why i want to send instantly thanks

hi i respect your idea as well but i i dont like and niether the reciever dont like the money to deliver as plenty of neighbors to get jealous so thats why we both like the moeny to collect , no problem eith that as i am using moneygram in 4 years now without any problem the only problem with this is the charge so thats why i am looking something cheaper , anyway what you reckon will the xoom allowed money to collect by the receiver? we dont like the oney to deliver we both like to be collected will they allowede on that? thansk a lot?

Yes the money can be collected, sending by xoom. It is instant too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information