Quote Originally Posted by GEES View Post
hi thanks for the reply but i am not so keen on xoom as they only charge by dollar which is bit complicated its nice to know the pounds straight away instead of dollar so that i will know how much the charges are. anyway thanks a lot but xoom is not so good thank you.i been on moneygram which is very reliable the reciever could collect the money in 5 minutes but the only problem with this is the charge but not too bad than western union .so i might carry on the moenygram then .about the paypal yes i am a paypal member but the problem is the receiver must join the paypal as well which is bit complicated because the receiver is not much knowledge on doing this she dont know how to join paypal i told her many times but she is not keen

I respect your views on Xoom, but I must state that it doesn't matter wether the receiver is a paypal member at all.

I do our transfers through xoom in conjunction with paypal and haven't encountered any problems that way.
Paypal takes the money from our account and authorises xoom to deliver it to the recipient.
This can be done by direct bank deposit, or cash in the hand by courier, whichever is selected at the time of ordering.
For moneygram or WU, the recipient has to make his/her way to the nearest office for withdrawal, using special passwords and things.
This system has also been proven slightly dangerous as the recipient could very well be followed and robbed.
It is generally known that people exiting such offices normally do carry money.....

Only a couple of bob's worth....