Thread: terry (english living in spain)

terry (english living in spain)

can anyone help... i have found my dream girl in the philippines, and i want to move and live there,,, im 60 yrs old and in reasonable good health, but i need to know how i can get insurance in phily, I know philhealth is only good for 20% of the bill in hospital and all medications are extra... is there anyway of getting full cover in phily or do you just have to save money and hope you have enough saved in case of emergencies...... seems a very poor way of doing things.. unlike the western world where you can join the likes of bupa etc. etc. any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated....
    thanks
    terry .

Hi there,
    if you move there to permanently retire then use the SSRV priocess where after giving 20,000usd into a 5 year time deposit and passing a criminality check you can reside more or less like a filipino citizen. You will still need to buy private health care and you can use international providers like Bupa international. Good quality private hospital care is not that expensive and even private home nursing should you ever ned it is very affordable.
    google SSRV Philippines and you can get more details

welcome to the forum by the way
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    Hi there,
    if you move there to permanently retire then use the SSRV priocess where after giving 20,000usd into a 5 year time deposit and passing a criminality check you can reside more or less like a filipino citizen. You will still need to buy private health care and you can use international providers like Bupa international. Good quality private hospital care is not that expensive and even private home nursing should you ever ned it is very affordable.
    google SSRV Philippines and you can get more details

welcome to the forum by the way
    Everytime we will travel to Philippines, my husband will make sure that the Bupa knows so they can charge us extra for international covers
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

When you're in the Phils there are loads of Insurance Companies to choose from. Why not go to their websites and so you can choose what best suits you? Some require medical reports before you can get one. I have started this when i was still younger so premiums are still low, it depends on your age.

With regards to health insurances it is your choice also. If you prefer class A or B rooms/hospitals then monthly payments varies. My sister got one and so her beneficiaries are her immediate kin (husband and daughter) Whenever they are hospitalized she doesn't pay anything at all.

When i was still in the Phils my niece got allergies and so her mother got a room semi-private but what's on her insurance policy is one class higher so she was told to get that one for she can't get the difference.

Yes it is advisable to get insurance so when emergencies arises your pocket won't cry.....

By the way welcome to the forum terenchion...
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Welcome to the forum
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

hiya!welcome aboard

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum

Irobot..." Sunny, Different From The Rest... "

Welcome To The Forum...Phil...

thanks for your response and for the welcome to the forum.... i will start looking now at insurance companies for health.. since i posted that question, i have heard that there are a lot of rubbish insurance companies and to be careful ,, heard BLUECROSS is supposed to be good but i will have to enquire.... once again thanks ..... terenchion

Yeah blue cross is pretty popular here but hospital treatment is so damned cheap that you will normally always pay far more being over insured..
    Far better to put the money in a high interest earning acc or government/blue chip bond etc which is exclusively for future med expenses..Another tip is always have 500,000K in an HSBC acc for fast withdrawals if needed.. If the treatment is not an emergency and looks like it`ll be ridiculously expensive then jump on a plane and make better use of your past NHS contributions..
    IMO lang.
    (of course,get Phil health coverage too as its just to cheap and good value NOT to have)

Regards,

Fred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    better u get ur sweetheart...and u come only in vacation in the phil. Coz phil.and each components are totally corrupted.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    better u get ur sweetheart...and u come only in vacation in the phil. Coz phil.and each components are totally corrupted.

Hmmm,I smell something burned from the kitchen

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Terry,hola,I am Filipina in Spain,Be a friend of mine...any question about my native land..happy to tell u.I am in Spain too,Filipina woman are nice and loyal,loving..s congratulation to you.

Thread Information