Thread: Kali/Panatukan/Dumog help

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Kali/Panatukan/Dumog help

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please recommend an instructor in Filipino Martial Arts in London. Preferably in West End. I am looking for a studio/class but am also open to a possibility of private lessons.

Thanks a lot,
    Bu11dozer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11dozer View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please recommend an instructor in Filipino Martial Arts in London. Preferably in West End. I am looking for a studio/class but am also open to a possibility of private lessons.

Thanks a lot,
    Bu11dozer
    Filipino Martial Arts......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Look up Bob Breen, or any Jeet Kune Do (JKD) school.

If they follow the Dan Inosanto lineage, they will also practice a lot of Filipino Martial Art systems. But as MMA is all the rage today they might focus more on the stuff known to work in competition.

But Stick fighting is popular amongst the JKD Concepts people, as is Panantukan, Dumog, Hubud. etc.. But with JKD it is mixed up with other arts. So they will happily blend Boxing with Panantukan, Dumog with Greco Roman wrestling and so on..

My old Instructor Steve Powell in Manchester has some links to other people in the UK..

Get Googling..

Seen a few awesome Escrima exponents in Pinas,and once learnt a few moves from Jackie Chan himself(True)I studied Lau Gar

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Seen a few awesome Escrima exponents in Pinas,and once learnt a few moves from Jackie Chan himself(True)I studied Lau Gar
    Impressed Jackie Chan

I plan to stop by on some school in the phils. Not practicing though.. That stick work tears the skin off of your fingers

Those days are gone with my wilder youth Now I just like to Box once a blue moon

Respected Member
    Lol, this reminds of the aikido lessons i took back in my college days.....very ideal for a woman as you don't need strength much,
    coz you actually use your attackers strength against himself...just as long as the moves are properly executed, otherwise it will backfire, lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Yup,Jackie Chan himself,funny world sometimes I found this pic of me in Victorian costume for the movie "Drunken masters 2",they put brylcream on my hair and make-up on my face I broke my ankles and shoulder long time ago so I am out of those sort of games now,the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

are you the short fat one?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

i dont know what my wife does but when she gets mad she can kick my butt!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Fat?Me?I have seen more fat on a greasy chip Then I was 13 1/2 stone with a very low BMI,I was training three or four times a week,and running every day Fat???

Banned
    Fat?Me?I have seen more fat on a greasy chip Then I was 13 1/2 stone with a very low BMI,I was training three or four times a week,and running every day Fat???
    Then you discovered Jollibee

I like Jollibee

learnt a few moves from Jackie Chan himself(True)I studied Lau Gar
    Wow!
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Thread Information