Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tabo Or Toilet Paper

Tabo Or Toilet Paper

Reportedly, about a month or two back, a machine operator on a work permit from the Philippines was fired by his bosses for having the "audacity" to use a tabo for cleansing himself. Did anyone else happen to read this article? [look up 'Tabo' on the internet and click on 'Image Results' for the full story] - which draws a parallel with an equally ludicrous [if less drastic] outcome of an earlier tale involving a Filipino kid - living in Montreal - whose teacher scolded him for eating his school meals with a fork and spoon instead of the customary knife and fork.

Dearie dearie me!! What IS the [western] world coming to ... ??

Hi all, I realise this is a delicate subject, and Filipina's need to feel clean but do Filipina’s not like using the wet type body wipes for toilet use? I am a British male and use them; I know some British ladies keep a second face cloth for this too.
    Most toilets in Britian are not designed to have wet floors and will rot in time!
    Mick

Tabo Scandal: Filipino Worker in Australia “fired” over Toilet Habits

I went to go to the toilet and I took a bottle of water when my foreman saw me and he said `you can’t bring the water in there’,” Mr Bernabe said.
    “I asked why and he said it wasn’t good but I said it’s our way and he followed me into the toilet.
    “I said it’s my personal hygiene. I didn’t break any law, I didn’t break any rules of the company, why can’t I do this, and he said he would report me to the manager.
    “The next morning when I came in I went to punch my time card and he told me the manager wanted to talk to me in his office.
    “He asked me what had happened and I explained to him and he said if I didn’t follow the Australian way I would be immediately terminated and I said `sir, then you better terminate me’.”
    from a blog of Menardconnect.com

Tabo (dipper) is a cultural icon for Filipino habit as for personal Hygiene, they should consider and accept the fact its just cultural thing it's really unfair to our fellow Kabayan coz he lost his job because of this matter
    As I've heard on the news he made an appeal, hoping to settle it soon
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Dogs lick themselves clean......we have to use our partner for that!
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Dogs lick themselves clean......we have to use our partner for that!
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Hi all, I realise this is a delicate subject, and Filipina's need to feel clean but do Filipina’s not like using the wet type body wipes for toilet use? I am a British male and use them; I know some British ladies keep a second face cloth for this too.
    Most toilets in Britian are not designed to have wet floors and will rot in time!
    Mick
    The thing is we got use to it.. and just by wiping our *** using toilet papers or baby wipes makes us feel very uncomfortable. we feel clean if we use tabo with water and soap.
    my hubby asked me to teach our 4 years old son to use toilet papers, same with him he feels uncomfortable and doesn't like it. Told my hubby he can do that when we're out or if he is at school. anyway, i let him used toilet papers when we were in the Philippines and out our home. But eventually soon as we get home he'll ask me to wash his *** and change his pants.

This is looney tunes. Pity he did not get a lawyer. I am sure anyone could argue that it has no bearing on what he does for a job.
    This is against his human rights! I am sure if he was Muslim the case would be be shouted from the rooftops about bigots and racism, but alas he will not get a high profile case, because his daddy or relative does not work as lawyer.

They eat with one hand and wipe with the other He was followed into the toilet and he was caught using his eating hand! Terrible. He must be fired! He is wrong. Don't talk to the dirty boy!

When I first learnt to wipe my as a kid, I was proud of it. Until a few weeks later someone pointed out I was supposed toilet paper as well
    Keith - Administrator

The problem with the dipper is where the water ends up

Thailand have solved this problem by using a small tube and spray head excellent system................well better than the bosses suggestion
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

well we just get use to it using it we cant live without it,we use tabo and soap and water to makesure its very clean.

In Hong Kong and in modern buildings in China they also have the hand held shower head at the side of the toliet..... a very good solution, less space and no cleaning for the bidet.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    In Hong Kong and in modern buildings in China they also have the hand held shower head at the side of the toliet..... a very good solution, less space and no cleaning for the bidet.
    There are also the hand held shower heads here... you can have it installed in your own home... I was thinking about it though but.... nothing beats the Tabo!

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    There are also the hand held shower heads here... you can have it installed in your own home... I was thinking about it though but.... nothing beats the Tabo!
    Except maybe a bidet! Unfortuately it's much more expensive than a tabo.

Is this (w)hole subject "tabo(o) then? At least it made the "papers" [puns (IN)tended]

Very clever Arthur; I like it

Personally, i think bidets are terrific!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Respected Member
    I remember working at a company a few years ago that employed foreign workers from an agency. They worked the night shift.
    Most of them were muslims and they obviously have some ritual that involved standing on the toilet seat and throwing water everywhere.
    Obviously people complained about it, why should we clean their mess up. Quite right.
    Do whatever makes you comfortable but remember- when in rome...........
    Also if you`re out and about do you carry a tabo with you?
    You know, in your handbag with spare knickers and stuff
    As long as what you do doesn`t affect others then you should be able to do it.

oh dear dear nothing beats filipino eh
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Tabo rules lol

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    This is looney tunes. Pity he did not get a lawyer. I am sure anyone could argue that it has no bearing on what he does for a job.
    This is against his human rights! I am sure if he was Muslim the case would be be shouted from the rooftops about bigots and racism, but alas he will not get a high profile case, because his daddy or relative does not work as lawyer.

They eat with one hand and wipe with the other He was followed into the toilet and he was caught using his eating hand! Terrible. He must be fired! He is wrong. Don't talk to the dirty boy!
    I am not against Muslims at all, infact i have met some nice muslims"Egyptions" but unfortunantly filipinos are still a minority in England. Try telling a ####### that you have to wear a crash helmet or follow a ###### into the toilet and so on and so on. maybe we should ban st georges day or change the word Christmas to something else. I just think nice people who want to come into England and want to keep thier bottom clean and do not want to change the country for what it is to suit them should be welcomed

Irobot...As most people know I am from England and been to Asia at least 10 times and used all the types of washing / wiping methods mentioned and my view is when in Rome .... If your in a Country that does a specific way being Wet or Dry adopt it when at work or in public places and do what ever when home....As far as Muslims are concerned we have them at our works and we have a praying room with mat ect for them and I am uneducated with their ways but we have told the squatting on the toilet is some thing to do with their God returning from...... ummmmmm...perhaps some one could enlighten me on that one ??.... Phil
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

Does anyone have a video of a pretty Filipina doing this, as I want to make sure I've got the right idea!
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Does anyone have a video of a pretty Filipina doing this, as I want to make sure I've got the right idea!
    Found this for you................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzAdUVBd2k

Is that your idea of a 'pretty Filipina'?
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Since when you gone fussy....???

sir keith and sir Aromulus you make my day..laugh so much here...

actually we should all count our blessings, In France even today you will find the "stand/squat and deliver toilets!! Also experienced those on visits to some more remote Chinese factory visits.

on that squatting matter.... is it just me because I am tall and long limbed or do other whiteys here struggle with squatting, all my male filipino relatives can does this for ages when working wood, or drinkling or playing tongit or whatever and wherever we go we will see groups of guys squatting around rather than sitting around... suppose it avoids beasties crawling into your pants
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Found this for you................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dzAdUVBd2k

hehe the Tabo & Timba (Dipper & Bucket) lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVyGR...om=PL&index=12

Respected Member katie37pinayuk's Avatar
    i do not understand the case. he was fired because of his way of cleaning himself not cos he was unskilled or not of his inability to do his job.

i am sure in the Philippines, we (filipino), would not mind 'how' foreigners in our country, clean themselves after using the toilet.

I agree with you Katie, we filipinos doesn't mind on how foreigners in our country clean themselves after using the toilet. Filipinos are used to washing their p**t with water and soap rather than the toilet paper.

That is not fair he was fired from his job because of using the dipper. Everyone should have the freedom of choice on how he/she wants to clean himself/herself after using the toilet as long as he/she doesn't make a mess on the floor.

If he has cleaned/wiped the floor after he has done his washing then the toilet will be clean for the next user, so there should be no problem at all. His case is rediculous.....I can't understand either

We have the hand held shower heads installed in our bathroom. Bidet is also availabe and is quite expensive. Tabo or dipper is very normal in every household in the Phils.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member
    I've read other articles to suggest that the problem was not with how he cleaned himself, but with the way he left the cubicle after he finished - splashed with dirty water and soggy toilet paper on the floor. Other employees complained and though he was warned he didn't change his ways at all and still left it in the same state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information