Thread: Arrrrrrgggghhhhh

Arrrrrrgggghhhhh

I have just returned form the 1st barbacue of the season in our Filipino comunity. As the darkness fell and temperature dropped we were offered a sort of soup/broth to keep us warm out on the patio. NORMALLY I ask what is in the proffered food but for some insane reason I just tucked in... and actually liked the stuff. Later I did ask and was told that it was PAPI ITAN or something like that and included all manner of innards and tripe.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    I have just returned form the 1st barbacue of the season in our Filipino comunity. As the darkness fell and temperature dropped we were offered a sort of soup/broth to keep us warm out on the patio. NORMALLY I ask what is in the proffered food but for some insane reason I just tucked in... and actually liked the stuff. Later I did ask and was told that it was PAPI ITAN or something like that and included all manner of innards and tripe.

who is talking here scott or ligaya? lol

Scott here, only nine more days until Ligaya and little Joshua come home

Respected Member
    Sorry for that Scott

But im not going to agree with u as I love papaitan
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Banned
    PAPAITAN mouth watering here

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    Sorry for that Scott

But im not going to agree with u as I love papaitan
    Same here one of my favorite hehehehehehe
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

i like papaitan too

We just have to accept Filipinos eat weird food?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    So very true

The number one selling cook book in da Phils is entitled

100 uses for bits of dead animals any sane person would throw in the garbage bin

Insane here and loving every morsal
    Mark, Cristina & Raffy

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post

And another thing u should request an extra calamansi (lime) so its taste really nice
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Irobot..."Sunny...Different from the rest..."

Hi There , I like to eat weird food........... When I was in Thailand I ate deep fried grasshoppers and crickets which tasted like crisps to me... but then came the bugs they were crunchy but I was not too keen and gave them a try too it was all those legs around the side of the plate thing but... I drew the line at some sort of caterpillar which was not Lovely ,tasted like I would imagine like....ummmmmmmmm house dust mixed in yellowish white puss stuff from out a boil / spot, as I said not lovely..also ate ducks feet and wattles,chicken livers and entrials OMGosh I am sounding like Hannibal The animal eater.

In the Philippines I was more reserved and had goat, suckling pig,but worse than that I got hooked on Roosters Fried Chicken... he he he ..........some one said the frogs were ok to eat and bats too but never got around to it... I will not mention mans best friend and nope I never... Well done... Phil..
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

So very true

100 uses for bits of dead animals any sane person would throw in the garbage bin
    The more pertinant question is "what happens to the good bits"????
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Have u seen any of your filipina wife ,eat the eye of the fish ? like in fried tilapya or sinigang na bangus at prito

Irobot..." Sunny...Different from the rest..."

Hi there Mrs JMajor...... I have seen them in Thailand eat the eye of fish when cooked...Funny thing is i love cooked fresh water fish, but in England no one seems to eat this ..except Polish...ummmm.:...Phil..
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

Strange thing is i do not have a problem with fish, living in Hong Kong and working in China you do see and eat some very odd food and certainly as chief guest on many occasions in China I would always be offered the cheek,eyes and other parts of the fish considered the bes. We also had hairy crab season and snake soup season so I suppose filipino food is not that unusual.... I draw the line at gizzards, intestines and other entrails though.

heh I just noticed that is my 500th post.... I need to get out more

My hubby doesn't want me to eat the head of fish or dried fish hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Have u seen any of your filipina wife ,eat the eye of the fish ? like in fried tilapya or sinigang na bangus at prito
    Always do that infront of my husband HE always says im disgusting with a smile in his face
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member
    Always do that infront of my husband HE always says im disgusting with a smile in his face
    My husband doesnt mind it but when my mother in law found out that i am eating the eyes of the fish.. she said thats disgusting

just laugh at her

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    My husband doesnt mind it but when my mother in law found out that i am eating the eyes of the fish.. she said thats disgusting

just laugh at her
    same here sis, though at first, hubby got surprised when he saw me eating the eyes of the fish now he's the one looking for fish with head on it on a supermarket. .. but when my father in law knew about it he asked me what's wrong with the meat of the fish why do I have to eat even the eyes?

Irobot..." Sunny...Different from the rest..." :Britian:

Hi there,Well snake sounds interesting ....I know they eat a lot of rattlesnake there but I saw a program on tv where some bloke went to Thailand where you pick your snake out when alive, a COBRA... and then the cook would get a mongoose out of a cage and it would try to attack the cobra and the more angry the cobra gets the better and just as it`s very very angry they cut its head off and drink the blood which is meant to very good for ailments and if you want he will make snake stew out of the rest.... I have never had snake yet....Phil..

Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The Rest... "

heh I just noticed that is my 100th post.... I need to get out more:...Phil...

PAPAITAN mouth watering here
    Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    i like papaitan too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irobot View Post
    Irobot..."Sunny...Different from the rest..."

Hi There , I like to eat weird food........... but then came the bugs they were crunchy but I was not too keen and gave them a try too it was all those legs around the side of the plate thing but... I drew the line at some sort of caterpillar which was not Lovely ,tasted like I would imagine like....ummmmmmmmm house dust mixed in yellowish white puss stuff from out a boil / spot, as I said not lovely..also ate ducks feet and wattles,chicken livers and entrials OMGosh I am sounding like Hannibal The animal eater.

In the Philippines I was more reserved and had goat, suckling pig,but worse than that I got hooked on Roosters Fried Chicken... he he he ..........some one said the frogs were ok to eat and bats too but never got around to it... I will not mention mans best friend and nope I never... Well done... Phil..
    So very true

WEIRD AND YUCKY BUT YUMMY hehehe

here`some more about that stuff...if u want ,just check it out .... esp. for Intrepid travellers (source Godofred Umali Stuart JR),.....

http://www.stuartxchange.com/PhilippineCuisine.html

hope im allowed to do it..
    if not,my apologies just wanted to share coz balut,sabong(cockfighting)jeepney were explained in it and lots of other interesting things for new, intrepid and first time travellers in the Philippines

Banned
    I dont eat IUD and adidas mina

I dont eat IUD and adidas mina
    i agree with you too but why not ?tried them once n they are ok,at least they are dead and not moving i know some they eat cheese with Wormsmaggots alive and wrigglingand that`s a very expensive delicacy,so i was informednveri prefer Sushi,hehe not long dead ,but at least inertmusta na Juliet

Thread Information