Thread: Help Please!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Please!

I ordered a:
    Samsung 23" Wide SM2333SW 5ms DVI TFT Gloss Black

From DABS last week, as the SPECS said 1920 x 1200 default pixel resolution, which is what I wanted. When it arrived it was 1920 x 1080, no use to me for what I need it for.

Now Dabs are saying they will not collect it as it says 1920 x 1080 on the web site!! SO THEY HAVE EDITED IT TO GET OUT OF PAYING FOR A COLLECTION.

Just as proof, here is the Google Cached page of what I ordered, can you please cleary state for me what the SPECIFICATIONS MAX RESOLUTION is for me please, just in case I'm going stupid, or I need additional proof for them.

http://74.125.93.104/search?q=cache:...=uk&lr=lang_en

Even more weird is the fact that today the same product now appears on Dabs on 2 different pages, and 2 different prices, can you also confirm this for me? Both the same model number as Samsung only make one type of that model number.

http://www.dabs.com/ProductList.aspx...0&SearchType=1

Ta

And by the way.....
    DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OFF DABS
    Keith - Administrator

Contents may differ than display on box. That will be the scanning pixels they printed wrong.

I have only bought one thing from them. A tiny obscure thing I needed for my games console. An optical splitter.

Littlewoods, or Index. They always have the returns policy that is good

Better check the manufacturers website first.

I'd get this nice one

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...399/index.html

no 1200 anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no 1200 anywhere
    It's on the cached page from last week:

Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    It's on the cached page from last week:

yes, took a while to open the page, the cheeky

did you pay by CC, can't you get your money back of the CC ? they've not sent what you ordered

They'll refund, but I want them to pay for the delivery out & in, which they are refusing as they say their is no mistake.....as you can see, they are clearly lying, and have been caught red-handed THANKS to Google
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    They'll refund, but I want them to pay for the delivery out & in, which they are refusing as they say their is no mistake.....as you can see, they are clearly lying, and have been caught red-handed THANKS to Google
    Keep the thing, until they fork out for two lots of delivery...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Keep the thing, until they fork out for two lots of delivery...
    They will probably not refund without Keith paying P&P

What about trade descriptions? Using the cached Google page, Keith?

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    They will probably not refund without Keith paying P&P

What about trade descriptions? Using the cached Google page, Keith?
    Eh?

The cache page IS THE PAGE I BOUGHT FROM WHEN IT WAS LIVE ON DABS LAST WEEK . That is a 'cache' of the actual page I bought from!!! Simple?
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Eh?

The cache page IS THE PAGE I BOUGHT FROM WHEN IT WAS LIVE ON DABS LAST WEEK . That is a 'cache' of the actual page I bought from!!! Simple?
    I was only trying to help you get your refund and them to pay P&P

On that cached page it also shows the lower resolution too.

Have a big read through this lad

I would say this one applies? Goods Not As Ordered
    If you receive goods from us that differ from what you have ordered, then you must notify us as soon as possible using our Online Returns Tool.

http://www.dabs.com/Article.aspx?Nav...&ArticleID=357

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    ... then you must notify us as soon as possible using our Online Returns Tool.
    Done that 10 minutes after I received it, just waiting for a response since I proofed beyond doubt they have since changed the website to try and make it look as though I was wrong! As if I ever am
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    maybe you can tell them you got a print out of their page which shows the spec when you order the item and if they are not going to refund the p&p you will report it to the trading standard and have your lawyer deal with it as it fools their customer. see whats their reaction about it. just a suggestion.

Dabs Customer Service

What customer service?

No reply to my email sent Monday threatening court action, and none from the internal system sent yesterday.

This company used to be excellent, and I've used them for years, never again. I take it the takeover by BT has seen them install the normal BT customer service.

Next they'll be saying I never requested it to be returned within the legal 7 days, when obviously I have.

They only have to admit the error (which I've proven here), apologise for this hassle, and arrange a collection, and full refund. Simple.

If I employed anyone that done this to a customer in my company they would be sacked, customers are No.1 and must be kept happy.

A hell of a lot of peope will read this post and cost them a lot of business. That is probably more viable than spending out about £10 on delivery charges. With maths like that no wonder the country is in a mess.
    Keith - Administrator

Dabs Customer Service! What customer service?

No reply to my email sent Monday threatening court action, and none from the internal system sent yesterday.

This company used to be excellent, and I've used them for years, never again. I take it the takeover by BT has seen them install the normal BT customer service.

Next they'll be saying I never requested it to be returned within the legal 7 days, when obviously I have.

They only have to admit the error (which I've proven here), apologise for this hassle, and arrange a collection, and full refund. Simple.

If I employed anyone that done this to a customer in my company they would be sacked, customers are No.1 and must be kept happy.

A hell of a lot of peope will read this post and cost them a lot of business. That is probably more viable than spending out about £10 on delivery charges. With maths like that no wonder the country is in a mess.
    Where I work we used to buy lots of stuff from Dabs. The first problem we started to notice with Dabs is that anything that wasn't showing as "In Stock" at the time we ordered it would never arrive and would have to be re-ordered when it was in stock. It seems that most of the items would never be re-stocked under the same stock code, so although the order was still on their system, it would never be actioned.

We also began to notice that they started to get absolutely useless with regard to returns, replacements and delivery times, so we switched to using Novatech for most of the things we need and only order from Dabs as a last resort when we can't get what we need from Novatech or elsewhere.

Iain.

just raise it with watchdog or even the customer services bloke on the one show and you will get your result plus usually a bit more as well as embarrasing DABS. He just got a great refund plus a free flight and apology for a non notified flight cancellation by Easy jetthat ruined a couples 25th anniversary
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

I've just emailed/contacted them by every means I can find via the site. Strange how even with "Court Action Pending" in the titke, they have ignored it!! All over about £10!!
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information