Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Country too

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    A serious question. Does anybody know of another country that has such rigorous immigration regulations regarding Filipino nationals?

Why the Philippines?

Do they have such a bad reputation as to warrant the 'stringency' imposed upon them?

Al.
    Yes,
    I believe it takes far longer for Filipinos to get visas to go to the USA.
    We have it relatively easy!

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    You`re quite right I havnt been in his shoes, thats fair.
    I`m using the stereotype of drunken Millwall fans that i`ve met in my time of watching local football.
    I`m sorry he`s dead, and i`m sure his 9 kids are too.
    My point is more that being an alcoholic smoker is more than likely the cause of his death, not a push or a thump.
    Anyway, back to the original subject.
    Good luck with your wife Mr Badgrimly!
    Whats Drunken millwall fans got to do with being trapped in a part of London?

So when you went to those football matchs you never saw the police taking off their number tags (the way you can ID them).
    I have been to football matches all over the UK and the most scary people at the games are nearly always a section of the Police who are up for a bit of a row.
    Of course there are football fans who like to be idiots.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6078095.ece

Sorry a Police officer whacking a bloke who from two camera angles appear to say or do nothing apart from not moving out of the way quickly enough deserved to get it.
    Yes a whack from a really scared police officer surrounded by plenty of other police officers agasint a Indivudal. Who decided with all his might to whack a man walking away from him.

I have seen the news stand that he worked on numerious times and never seen any gentleman i felt cor they need a good whacking by a police man.

He wore a Millwall shirt maybe because he's in the east end just a few miles from the ground, funnily enough not all cardiff fans, man utd, west ham, chelsea, leeds utd, stoke, liverpool, everton shirt wearers are up for trouble just as are not all millwall fans. Normaly as a football match goer your know its the "shirts" or "scarfers" who dont give or make any trouble for others.
    Its the ones who dont wear Football shirts or any thing related to their club in plain clothes who cause the grief in the majority of cases.

Sadly the police do seem to like sterotypes Ie all Black men are criminals, dark skined people maybe a bomber.Lets hope Filipino/a's dont become a group of intrest if the MILF decide to venture outside of Phil?

So possibly to cut the NHS medical bill all those who drink over 21 units a week or smoke should be after they finish work and try to get home should be stuck in a kettle formation blocked at every point of exit they want to use and then when their back is turned whacked by a Policeman by a riot baton.
    I venture to say many of us dont suffer this on the way home from our place of work.

Possibly we could reduce the NHS bill? Just whack in the back to anybody who Drinks or smokes. If your healthly enough you may recover if not well you may have been a burden on the NHS.

I mean shame he had nine kids as you say deprived of their Father

Hopefully the murderer in a uniform will say sorry to all nine of them? Yes the Police man who cant control his temper and it seems a coward. Who somehow forgot it whacked a man in the back and so did his command as shortly afterwards he is shown talking to a senior officer and cowering.

Peace love and have a happy easter but dont belive all you hear from the police, I have met many good officers in fact I know some wonderful human beings who are active police officers but even they would admit that they have a lot of issues both with officers who dont act as they should do and possibly even worse many more who cover up and dont snitch if a officer mucks up

I have a high regard for the police in the UK but sadly from knowledge know to never presume the police were the innocent party when stories like these appear
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    A serious question. Does anybody know of another country that has such rigorous immigration regulations regarding Filipino nationals?

Why the Philippines?

Do they have such a bad reputation as to warrant the 'stringency' imposed upon them?

Al.
    On the french Embassy shegen application compared to even thailand, who can i belive have a spouse apply on their behalf and pick up on the day. The phills are in a group of nations i think 20 or so strong from memory who have very stringent tests put on them. The other countries are nations which include those Bush had as his rogue nations..
    Possibly as well as ecominic overstayers it maybe due to the mindano situation?

So it seems they do have a bad rep and thats why many on here when people encourage almost, phill "uk visa" overstayers get quite upset.

Many similar asian countries seem to find it far easier to come to the UK and Europe in general.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    I have a high regard for the police in the UK but sadly from knowledge know to never presume the police were the innocent party when stories like these appear
    in the same week a police officer was in court doing nearly 100 mph without lights on in a 30 zone, killing a teenage girl.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north...2703-23351027/

no one, not even police officers should be above the law

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    in the same week a police officer was in court doing nearly 100 mph without lights on in a 30 zone, killing a teenage girl.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north...2703-23351027/

no one, not even police officers should be above the law
    And I bet his sentence is commuted soon when the furore has died down.

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    And I bet his sentence is commuted soon when the furore has died down.
    yes it gets you thinking when it says 'he faces' a prison sentence, not he will

i live on a main road and 2 or 3 in the morning you can hear the sirens going as the cops race down the road, there are no cars on the road, so why have them on ??, is it the boy racer in some of them ?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Whats Drunken millwall fans got to do with being trapped in a part of London?

So when you went to those football matchs you never saw the police taking off their number tags (the way you can ID them).
    I have been to football matches all over the UK and the most scary people at the games are nearly always a section of the Police who are up for a bit of a row.
    Of course there are football fans who like to be idiots.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6078095.ece

Sorry a Police officer whacking a bloke who from two camera angles appear to say or do nothing apart from not moving out of the way quickly enough deserved to get it.
    Yes a whack from a really scared police officer surrounded by plenty of other police officers agasint a Indivudal. Who decided with all his might to whack a man walking away from him.

I have seen the news stand that he worked on numerious times and never seen any gentleman i felt cor they need a good whacking by a police man.

He wore a Millwall shirt maybe because he's in the east end just a few miles from the ground, funnily enough not all cardiff fans, man utd, west ham, chelsea, leeds utd, stoke, liverpool, everton shirt wearers are up for trouble just as are not all millwall fans. Normaly as a football match goer your know its the "shirts" or "scarfers" who dont give or make any trouble for others.
    Its the ones who dont wear Football shirts or any thing related to their club in plain clothes who cause the grief in the majority of cases.

Sadly the police do seem to like sterotypes Ie all Black men are criminals, dark skined people maybe a bomber.Lets hope Filipino/a's dont become a group of intrest if the MILF decide to venture outside of Phil?

So possibly to cut the NHS medical bill all those who drink over 21 units a week or smoke should be after they finish work and try to get home should be stuck in a kettle formation blocked at every point of exit they want to use and then when their back is turned whacked by a Policeman by a riot baton.
    I venture to say many of us dont suffer this on the way home from our place of work.

Possibly we could reduce the NHS bill? Just whack in the back to anybody who Drinks or smokes. If your healthly enough you may recover if not well you may have been a burden on the NHS.

I mean shame he had nine kids as you say deprived of their Father

Hopefully the murderer in a uniform will say sorry to all nine of them? Yes the Police man who cant control his temper and it seems a coward. Who somehow forgot it whacked a man in the back and so did his command as shortly afterwards he is shown talking to a senior officer and cowering.

Peace love and have a happy easter but dont belive all you hear from the police, I have met many good officers in fact I know some wonderful human beings who are active police officers but even they would admit that they have a lot of issues both with officers who dont act as they should do and possibly even worse many more who cover up and dont snitch if a officer mucks up

I said I stereotyped him. The Millwall fans I encountered whilst watching my local football team were in Cray, kent. Millwall didnt have a game and there wernt any police there. So they decided to come to the game and 20 of them set upon 2 of our fans. Very nice of them.
    And as I also said his kids dont deserve to lose a father, which they dont.

Hi , sorry dident get back sooner seem thread has run a good bit , yes ELJOHNO yes i have been with my wife for 4 years, but i havent as yet aspplied for a spouse visa or a family permit , we only tried for a trourist visa and waited eight months , yes eight months to be told NO!
    I asked her to find out why they had refuse her and they siad it was because she had not got enough money in her account, if htey hadof told me that i could have sent what ever she needed, it all seems a bit made up as they go along there, but we where told that would not go on her recored or effect any further applications , but to be honest i am going to go there hopefully next month and live with her till i can bring her home and deal with it myself , leaving her each time is to heart breaking for us both.
    Just by the way, I have a friend (yes i do have one ) and he married a girl from siberia he couldent get her home as a brithish citezen he had to use his irish passport and it took him three years eventually, you need to be pretty sure of your relationships to go through this , or maybe it builds them i dont know all i can say is i love her more now than ever, but any way thanks for the comment and well wishes its noce to feel not so lonely in this situsation you all have helped me again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by badgrimly View Post
    yes i have been with my wife for 4 years, but i havent as yet aspplied for a spouse visa or a family permit , we only tried for a trourist visa and waited eight months , yes eight months to be told NO!

I have a friend (yes i do have one ) and he married a girl from siberia he couldent get her home as a brithish citezen he had to use his irish passport and it took him three years eventually,
    you have lived outside the uk with your wife for more than 4yrs ?

why did it take your friend 3yrs to get his wife here ? if he used his Irish passport it is a legal right to bring his wife with him.

if you have British and Irish passports, you shouldn't have a problem bring ur wife to the uk by applying for a family permit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information