Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: He Is Dead

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    100% correct, let's keep religion out of everything where it belongs.
    did your mom force you to goto church to aposhark

just don't let it bother you, take it easy

unlike most on here I've been made to be aware of more than 1 religion , i was forced into going to a church of England school, dad was catholic but never forced his views on us, and my mom who was a Jehovah witness but made us go to the meetings. now I'm free of all, and as for now little Joe, like the Eskimos will be innocent and free of religion for as long as possible or until he decides his own faith and not carry the guilt of others, or having to go to confession

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Cup of tea anyone?
    can I join u Mod? with one sugar pls.

Banned
    Ok, ok, I am all for live and let live....

So my suggestion would be very easy and understandable by all and sundry....

We have lots of people on the forum that rightly or wrongly believe and have views in a certain faith, and obviously like to talk and share that with each other.

So if anybody else that doesn't share in those views would refrain from posting on the threads would be of great help.
    Nobody is making you to...
    Join in if you wish, but don't criticize because it could make some posters upset.

Only a couple of centavos worth....

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    [SIZE=4]
    you should be using euro cents or pennies dom

and you know where you can put your euros

time to feed the kids

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I thought Elvis was God!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    Ok, ok, I am all for live and let live....

So my suggestion would be very easy and understandable by all and sundry....

We have lots of people on the forum that rightly or wrongly believe and have views in a certain faith, and obviously like to talk and share that with each other.

So if anybody else that doesn't share in those views would refrain from posting on the threads would be of great help.
    Nobody is making you to...
    Join in if you wish, but don't criticize because it could make some posters upset.

OK Dom,
    I am a little baffled now.

So is right for people to talk about religion, and not right for other people who do not believe to ask them to stop?

Now I know you are a moderator, as are walesrob and the boss of course.
    You three have differing views about this, that is the nature of freedom and self-expression.
    Moderation should be to allow free comments and thoughts from everyone, shouldn't it?
    If religion is constantly mentioned without rebuttal, then they have their moment in the sun.
    Everybody has free speech and that is why this forum works.
    To silence anyone smacks of censorship to me.

I would like to know why I or anyone else is not allowed to dispute what Keith calls "mythical stories".

I am offended when religion is mentioned because in my life I have seen religion cause more pain and grief than any other single thing.
    I have worked in 42 countries and been to 30 others too, and the only constant source of problems is the firmly set beliefs of all people of religion to dismiss other religions without proper discourse, and furthermore to even kill for these "correct" beliefs.
    If non-believers are silenced, there is less hope that zealots curb their bigotry.

Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religion than it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

"I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

-Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

Cup of tea anyone?
    ....and God created sheep for the Welsh
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    ....and God created sheep for the Welsh
    and Ford created cars for you to nick hubcaps

Banned
    OK Dom,
    I am a little baffled now.

No need to be baffled, mate.

Everyone is entitled to views and opinions, the quip and the joke and openess of debate.

I respect your views on being an atheist, it is your right to do so.
    And my post wasn't directed at you personally, but at people in general that criticize others beliefs and ridicule them.
    I was brought up on a diet of sunday mass, communion, confession and all the mumbo jumbo it entailed, and always fought against it with teeth and nails, because I thought I always had better and more fun things to do on a sunday morning instead.
    I haven't changed much, but I will not stand in my wife's way if she wants to go to church and worship, but I will actually join her, and while there, although I am not the most religious of persons, I will do a bit of reflecting myself.

What will you do when your good lady arrives???
    Will you forbid her to pray???
    Will you stop her from going to church???

It is give and take.

Banned
    No need to be baffled, mate.

Everyone is entitled to views and opinions, the quip and the joke and openess of debate.

I respect your views on being an atheist, it is your right to do so.
    And my post wasn't directed at you personally, but at people in general that criticize others beliefs and ridicule them.
    I was brought up on a diet of sunday mass, communion, confession and all the mumbo jumbo it entailed, and always fought against it with teeth and nails, because I thought I always had better and more fun things to do on a sunday morning instead.
    I haven't changed much, but I will not stand in my wife's way if she wants to go to church and worship, but I will actually join her, and while there, although I am not the most religious of persons, I will do a bit of reflecting myself.

What will you do when your good lady arrives???
    Will you forbid her to pray???
    Will you stop her from going to church???

It is give and take.
    My wife and I have discussed this at length, even before she arrives in the UK.
    She can follow her beliefs and go to church as often as she wants, and I will never stand in her way.
    I will drive her if I am not working and collect her outside when the service is over. I will encourage her to follow whatever belief she has as long as she doesn't try to get me involved.

Her right to follow her faith is paramount to her well-being.
    Equally, the right for me to keep religion out of our conversations is my right.

I just mentioned to her that my beliefs are 100% apposed to hers though and that it will always be best for harmony that religion is not mentioned.
    We understand each other.

I accompanied her into the old beautiful church in Cebu City "Santo Niňo" and watched respectfully as she prayed on the last trip.

Banned
    I accompanied her into the old beautiful church in Cebu City "Santo Niňo" and watched respectfully as she prayed on the last trip.

I rest my case....

My final contributions on this topic are founded upon a reiteration of my assertion that love and respect should be maintained by ALL parties when discussing. Obviously, we all have differing interpretaions of what that means in practice and how they ought to be applied, so further elucidation would be redundant.

We are all entitled to our own theories of knowledge but it is difficult to debate when one's views are in opposition to those of any individual that postulates dismissively and with a conviction explicitly founded upon oxymora and propositions the veracity of which, are in my view, at best doubtful.

Further, the definitions of qualitative and empirical 'proof' or 'evidence' are not as simple as some might believe; rather they are expansive and much broader than we can accomodate in this thread!

It's a great day; I'm now gonna cuddle my wife and baby.

Peace to all!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Banned
    Hi Piamed.

Leave the religious brow-beating out of threads and we will get on well.
    The point is non-believers don't want to debate.

Richard Lederer: There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages.

Enjoy your beautiful baby girl......

This is indeed a neverending debate. But.....even if you believe in science rather than God - science would have us believe in parallel universes and alien societies out there that may be a billion years ahead of us. Who is to say that one of them is not God? Personally, I find it just as easy to believe in God as to believe in multiverses and string theory. Neither can be proved one way or the other.

Peace to All!!!!....
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    This is indeed a neverending debate. But.....even if you believe in science rather than God - science would have us believe in parallel universes and alien societies out there that may be a billion years ahead of us. Who is to say that one of them is not God? Personally, I find it just as easy to believe in God as to believe in multiverses and string theory. Neither can be proved one way or the other.

Peace to All!!!!....
    Parallel Universes and String Theory, way hey, now there's an easy subject to discuss......

Hi Piamed.

Leave the religious brow-beating out of threads and we will get on well.
    The point is non-believers don't want to debate.

Richard Lederer: There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages.

Enjoy your beautiful baby girl......
    Hey Aposhark. I never try to brow beat on any plane. I responded initially to your statement that believing in God is nonsense. Any statement made which begs rational challenging will inevitably be debated.

Please note for the record that religion, Christianity and Catholicism are not synonymous. I think your view that non-believers do not like to debate raises quite a number of questions about how you see things and not about non-believers per se. I presume there is a purpose to you citing the particular individuals you have cited but I fail to see the relevance. Anyway, suffice to say that you have your views as do others. My initial point remains that we should all be respectful in the truest sense irrespective of our own positions in life. That should resonate with good people from opposing ideas of the religious divide.

I wish you a great journey back with your missus; I remember our journey back like it was yesterday albeit that much has happened since then.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    ......I wish you a great journey back with your missus; I remember our journey back like it was yesterday albeit that much has happened since then.
    Sorry, religious debate is never-ending so no more for me.....

Thanks for the comment about wishing us a great journey back.
    For us, the journey is only just beginning :-)

May your God go with you :-)
    JOHN and VANESSA

Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    This is indeed a neverending debate.
    I love a massdebate!
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    Im sorry guys if i make u angry. It is not my mean.Really feel sorry for the outcome.. I just follow some thread like (i will leave filipino uk, You missed it) that inside it it was only a joke.,, I thought of it that you will open it emmidiately and you will find it funny. But you are devastated to find out my husband is not the one who died.

Second; I thought this forum is Godly site because when i was down many of you guys encourage me to keep on trusting God which makes me really strong through only to your words. And many of you bealive about EASTER week so i post my thread Easter Sunday which that day Jesus arise from dead ....Also, i just from the church and the message is still on my heart... Happy inside that i have Jesus!

Now i have a heavy heart... Broken_hearted once again... i was wrong.

Am i wrong to believe that this site is not Godly?

Lastly, i will ask you guys to forgive me to my title; but i wll not regret posting what is inside... May the good Lord bless you!
    While i agree maybe your thread title could have done with more thought from my time here i can say that this is not a Godly site. Now what i mean is that its not meant to be its meant to be a site to help uk/Filipino people in many things connected to bringing your wife/husband to the uk in the best way possible.

Keith is not a Christian and has strong views against Christianity which because its his site he is entitled to. I disagree 100% with him on this but have enjoyed some debate in the past and respect him for all he has done over the years through this site to help many people so i have learnt that its ok to agree to disagree.

That aside i believe those members like me who are Christians on here should be allowed to encourage each other in a Godly way...

So, JESUS is alive!!!

Where is he then?

We had a big thread about religion before and many people on this forum do NOT believe any of this nonsense.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....light=religion

Why persist? It baffles me.
    Aposhark,

while i respect your right to your view i think its unfair for you to say what Christians believe is nonsense.

Many people on here do believe in Jesus Christ but do not shove it down peoples throats..

Anyway i am not persist like you say and i have learnt to keep my views on Christianity on here to myself and only share with those people who are interested..

Happy Easter to everyone!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    My final contributions on this topic are founded
    Code:

upon a reiteration of my assertion that love and respect should be maintained by ALL parties when discussing. Obviously, we all have differing interpretaions of what that means in practice and how they ought to be applied, so further elucidation would be redundant.

We are all entitled to our own theories of knowledge but it is difficult to debate when one's views are in opposition to those of any individual that postulates dismissively and with a conviction explicitly founded upon oxymora and propositions the veracity of which, are in my view, at best doubtful. 

Further, the definitions of qualitative and empirical 'proof' or 'evidence' are not as simple as some might believe; rather they are expansive and much broader than we can accomodate in this thread!
    Eh.......???

Code:
    It's a great day; I'm now gonna cuddle my wife and baby.
    Make the most of it, mate.
    Babies have the most akward knack in growing rather fast, and if you blink you may miss the best bits....

Code:
    Peace to all
    !
    And to you and family

Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    Keith is not a Christian and has strong views against Christianity which because its his site he is entitled to. ...
    I am a Christian in the eyes of my parents and the church, but I do not follow religious twaddle. I do not worship anyone as that I regard as a type of slavery, and all religions just pick out the bits they like.

I neither acknowledge nor deny the existence of a 'God', but until someone supplies solid proof either way I will continue with my life helping others.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Aposhark,
    while i respect your right to your view i think its unfair for you to say what Christians believe is nonsense.!!
    I did not single out Christianity if you read what I wrote.

Many people on here do believe in Jesus Christ but do not shove it down peoples throats..!!
    I beg to differ.......You are advertising a religious website in your signature.

Anyway i am not persist like you say and i have learnt to keep my views on Christianity on here to myself and only share with those people who are interested..!!
    That is how it should be.........

Happy Easter to everyone!!
    Happy Holiday to you too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I am a Christian in the eyes of my parents and the church, but I do not follow religious twaddle. I do not worship anyone as that I regard as a type of slavery, and all religions just pick out the bits they like.

I neither acknowledge nor deny the existence of a 'God', but until someone supplies solid proof either way I will continue with my life helping others.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Banned
    ..thread about religion before and many people on this forum do NOT believe any of this nonsense.
    Got any numbers to back that claim? Did you do a survey?

Banned
    Got any numbers to back that claim? Did you do a survey?
    Read the comments on the thread again.

And to you and family
    Hi Dom. Sorry, i was trying to explain myself better but failed You are right, my most treasured moments are spent with my wife and baby, who has just made a mess while Pia was changing her

Have you tried under "Eviction and repossessions"...???
    You dont need to evict me Sir;

Just want to say "THANK YOU" to those who encourage me when i am very down and feelin sad. May the good Lord bless you!

I cant take your responses, and it makes me cry.
    I will pray all of you;
    goodbye!
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...
    (Psalm 31:21)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    Y
    I cant take your responses, and it makes me cry.
    I will pray all of you;
    goodbye!
    Yeah,If I were you ,take a pause for a moments and just listen to them
    I mean read the post

Thread Information