Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: He Is Dead

Dear Happy_Now, you don't have to take it seriously. It is not directed to you. This is just a discussion about the thread you just started. We just have to accept that life in this world is full of excitements or else it would be boring...

Think of it as if you're in a classroom. Students are free to share their views whenever a topic is opened or started by the teacher/instructor.

You should be glad many got interested and shared their views.

Cheers to All!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

it is not only whom you hurt. God is hurting! Cryin for your souls
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...
    (Psalm 31:21)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Read the comments on the thread again.
    Perhaps you'd like to point me to the post in that thread that proves your point that in your words "many people on this forum do NOT believe any of this nonsense". What post number on the other thread has the figures I'm looking for? The post number would be the "#" followed by a number in the green bar right above where it states "join date".

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    May your God go with you :-)
    "thank you"
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    it is not only whom you hurt. God is hurting! Cryin for your souls
    Read the posts by the members Happy_Now. They have different views about religion. You have to accept that, don't be sad.

I also refrain from talking about that subject. I'm used to be with people of different views in life, belong to different religions. (people are different) iba iba ang tao. My best friend when i was in High School is an INC but we get along well. I have friends who belong to diff denominations. We don't talk about religion.

If you want a topic about Religion then you have to be strong enough to face different views. Have you thought of that?
    That is a very sensitive topic.

I just reply if it is asked.

Don't want to elaborate more.

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Perhaps you'd like to point me to the post in that thread that proves your point that in your words "many people on this forum do NOT believe any of this nonsense". What post number on the other thread has the figures I'm looking for? The post number would be the "#" followed by a number in the green bar right above where it states "join date".
    Rob,
    You have asked me a similar question before, and I supplied you with some information about the decline of the church.
    You can google "uk church attendances" and see for yourself.
    It really doesn't serve any purpose for me to try to point out to you that a lot of people on this forum do not believe in God or religion and Christianity is a religion.
    If you cannot see that for yourself, then not only do we differ in our stance on whether there is a God, we also don't agree that when we read lots of posts, that there are plainly many who have no time for church.
    There really isn't any point in going over the same old ground, again.
    A lady started this thread about "He Is Dead".
    Now, for many of us, "He" never existed, so how can he die?
    SHOW ME THE PROOF. If you cannot, there is no point in you continuing.

So, I will not continue ad infinitum with these pointless meanderings.
    I will leave you with a quote on religion from a far more learned man, Sigmund Freud:

The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life.

I did not single out Christianity if you read what I wrote.

I beg to differ.......You are advertising a religious website in your signature.

That is how it should be.........

Happy Holiday to you too.

Give me a break how is my signature shoving Christianity down peoples throats? Am i making anyone read it? Anyway the reason for this is that the church i got married in burnt to the ground so come back with something more solid.

Fact - Philippines is a catholic country so (not me included) most on here that are from there are Catholic so how can you expect them never to mention God on here?

Banned
    See what this religion thing does?

Is it devisive or not? If it is devisive, then don't mention it, it is best forgotten.

Religion, football and politics, bah.

Look, There's no god and Everton are the best team in England.

You see, nobody has EVER shown anyone any proof of a God or a Jesus, and, Everton have won more European Cups that Liverpool AND United combined.

AND all the politicians are decent honourable men and women who only want to TRULY serve the people, as they were elected to do so.

Now, you KNOW I am right..........

See i now know how far of the mark you are as Everton are not even the best team in Liverpool.

1/ Liverpool
    2/ Tranmere
    3/Acc Stanley
    4/ Toffees

hehe

Matthew 7:6
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I know this thread could take many turns with some getting annoyed so just let us agree the following;

Christians believe in Jesus the son of God and everything that comes with it....

Atheists do not believe in God (The short version)

The end....

ditto John

I suggest that the mods close this thread as it just causing unnecessary tensions within this membership. This is a great site with very helpful and friendly members and mods
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

This is the end of this topic as what Eljohno said..

Coffee or tea.... anyone?

milk and one sugar in my tea please!
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Banned
    Rob,
    You have asked me a similar question before, and I supplied you with some information about the decline of the church.

You said "...many people on this forum do NOT believe any of this nonsense." I asked you how many on this forum, but you could not supply that information. You don't speak for me, you don't speak for Kimmi, Ginapeterb and the 1000's of other members of this forum. Don't make claims you can't justify.

tea for me please.

"time for bed" says zebidee

Night night everyone
    JOHN and VANESSA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    Matthew 7:6
    Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    "It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." - Mark Twain

http://atheistempire.com/reference/religion/bible.php

You said "...many people on this forum do NOT believe any of this nonsense." I asked you how many on this forum, but you could not supply that information. You don't speak for me, you don't speak for Kimmi, Ginapeterb and the 1000's of other members of this forum. Don't make claims you can't justify.
    Ok let it be said that i suggested this thread be closed as people will just go around in circles and its obvious that nothing anyone will say will have any effect on aposhark.

Also quoting people like Mark Twain and giving a link from some Atheist site will have 100% no effect on a true believer.

But i agree with Rob your statement that most on here think its nonsense is based on fiction not fact.

Banned
    Read the forum again and SEE that many are non-religious.

I DON'T WANT to speak for you, I speak for myself and what I see.

This is a forum about Filipina(o)s mostly meeting and marrying Brits, then finally coming to live in a mostly religion-free country.
    That, is just the way it is.
    You cannot change it and neither can anyone else.
    My wife knows I do not believe in God, religion, Jesus or any other fable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    Ok let it be said that i suggested this thread be closed as people will just go around in circles and its obvious that nothing anyone will say will have any effect on aposhark.

Also quoting people like Mark Twain and giving a link from some Atheist site will have 100% no effect on a true believer.

But i agree with Rob your statement that most on here think its nonsense is based on fiction not fact.
    Eljohno, why do you misquote what I typed?

I said MANY not MOST....................

Rob,
    You can google "uk church attendances" and see for yourself.
    It really doesn't serve any purpose for me to try to point out to you that a lot of people on this forum do not believe in God or religion and Christianity is a religion.
    If you cannot see that for yourself, then not only do we differ in our stance on whether there is a God, we also don't agree that when we read lots of posts, that there are plainly many who have no time for church.
    There really isn't any point in going over the same old ground, again.
    A lady started this thread about "He Is Dead".
    Now, for many of us, "He" never existed, so how can he die?
    SHOW ME THE PROOF. If you cannot, there is no point in you continuing.

So, I will not continue ad infinitum with these pointless meanderings.
    I will leave you with a quote on religion from a far more learned man, Sigmund Freud:

The whole thing is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life.
    It's ok to cast rhetoric but things should be substantiated otherwise its just gums bumping in the wind, irrespective of which side of the fence one is on. It's easy to dismiss notions and positions we do not understand, dictators and other disruptive leaders have been doing it for centuries.

I also understand church attendances overall are indeed in decline but let's examine some of the detailed context. Attendance and membership of the Charismatic churches are increasing. Have you taken this into consideration and why this is the case? Do you acknowledge that religion, Christianity and Catholicism are not synonymous? I ask this because many of your statements seem contextually biased and revolve around misused nomenclature.

You say many do not believe in God but are ignoring the fact that most on the forum probably do. That is at best misleading.

Respectfully, if you have undertaken anything other than a cursory glance at the seminal works of Freud and pondered on them as well as those of other learned observers, you would understand the broader concept of what proof is and would know that you cannot say that there is no proof that many people have that God exists. Undertake a critical review of the quotation you have highlighted and you might be able to falsify it. You will also know that usng the works of Freud as a basis for a view of the world and societal value systems would create socially inept individuals.

See what this religion thing does?

Is it devisive or not? If it is devisive, then don't mention it, it is best forgotten.
    If religion is, as you have implied, an improbable notion, as such it cannot in itself be divisive per se but the lack of respect for the views of others is. See below:

My wife and I have discussed this at length, even before she arrives in the UK.

What does this mean? How could you discuss something you dismiss? Why the emphasis on before she arrives in the UK?
    She can follow her beliefs and go to church as often as she wants, and I will never stand in her way.

Surely your views and manner of expressing them as exemplified on this thread and others already stand as barriers in her way

I will drive her if I am not working and collect her outside when the service is over. I will encourage her to follow whatever belief she has as long as she doesn't try to get me involved.

How can you possibly encourage her in something you stand so firmly against?

Her right to follow her faith is paramount to her well-being.

I agree with that but given that her ability to follow her faith is somewhat impaired by your views which you are fully committed to upholding as illustrated in your signature, among other things, what does that suggest? Your signature s also surely advertising your philosophical view which is tantamount to a religion in the eyes of many.

Equally, the right for me to keep religion out of our conversations is my right.

Then just as equally your wife has the right to keep religion in your conversations. How will you deal with that?

I just mentioned to her that my beliefs are 100% apposed to hers though and that it will always be best for harmony that religion is not mentioned.
    We understand each other.

You mentioned! What does that mean exactly? Do you mean that you told her how things are gonna be if she wants to have a harmonious marriage? What do you understand about her, when you are it appears the one who laid down the rules?

I accompanied her into the old beautiful church in Cebu City "Santo Niňo" and watched respectfully as she prayed on the last trip.
    I really do not understand how given everything you have said and the way you have said them on this thread and on others, which i can extract if need be, you could possibly watch respectfully. What does watching respectfully mean to you?

You mentioned and quoted learned individuals earlier in an attempt presumably to bolster your unsubstantiated personal assertions. 'Celebrity' statement do not add much to the positions on either side. Extent research will do. What robust data o you have to support any of your assertions.

Many scholars believe that in order to have an ability to challenge something successfully they need to be able to defend to at least some credible extent the counter argument to the one they hold.

What can you say to counter your own arguments?

Pleas note that much of what I have said has been phrased as questions. That is because I hope that you might consider some specific items and how they might relate to you. I'm not judging you just cahllenging you on specific points not about your right to believe what you want.

Cordially!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    What can you say to counter your own arguments?
    What proof do you have to counter your own arguments?

Show me the proof that anything you believe in has ANY basis in fact.

That will make me a believer.

Banned

What proof do you have to counter your own arguments?

Show me the proof that anything you believe in has ANY basis in fact.

That will make me a believer.
    You've ignored the detail of my post for your own reasons. I would never state anything I am unwilling/unable to defend. I am able to comprehend your perspective and make assumptions, valid or otherwise, about why you might hold your views, even though I disagree with much of them.

Please note that I'm not trying to make you a believer - only He can do that should He choose to. I'm drawing your attention to some essential flaws and inconsistencies I perceive to be present in some of your statements.

I invited you to comment on them in particular areas in an attempt to challenge you to mutual benefit but you appear, in my view, unwilling to engage in discourse other than on a superficial and whimsical basis.

Peace!!

Banned
    You've ignored the detail of my post for your own reasons. I would never state anything I am unwilling/unable to defend. I am able to comprehend your perspective and make assumptions, valid or otherwise, about why you might hold your views, even though I disagree with much of them.

Please note that I'm not trying to make you a believer - only He can do that should He choose to. I'm drawing your attention to some essential flaws and inconsistencies I perceive to be present in some of your statements.

I invited you to comment on them in particular areas in an attempt to challenge you to mutual benefit but you appear, in my view, unwilling to engage in discourse other than on a superficial and whimsical basis.

Peace!!
    Piamed,
    You are focussing on the minutiae of everything instead of the real issue that there is no God, and you still cannot supply ANY proof.
    Your attempts to disect every comment I have made "to mutual benefit" is tiresome and frankly, objectionable.

We will never have any mutual benefit, when you refuse to believe what is plain for the mostly non-believing British public: that you have to show proof to back up your religious ideas.

"essential flaws and inconsistencies".
    I think your logic of belief without proof is exactly this.

Once again, "show me some proof".

I'm waiting...................(think it will be a long wait........)

There is no "He" "Her" or "It" that you or the others allude to.

This shows such a lack of understanding to me and the millions of other non-believers.

Meanwhile, people of "faith" leave the church, not so much one by one, but their children vote with their feet.

The minutiae you want to avoid are only the facts missing from your rhetoric.

Metaphorically and speaking in jest:

A toothless lion will try to prevent prey it cannot defend being taken, by roaring loudly in the hope that might deter its competition without having to engage them directly and revealing it actually had no teeth!
    Piamed 05:05, 14th April, 2009 (I know you like citations)

I have no more to add; this is my long overdue exit point. I think enough has been teased out of this thread for fellow forumers and visitors to make of it what they will.

All the best as you prepare for your loved one's arrival!!!!

Banned
    I know you like citations.
    Yes, but even better are the pearls of wisdom from the bible:

What does the Bible Say About...?

GOD
    "..the Lord will smite with a scab the heads of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will lay bare their secret parts."
    ..........Isaiah 3:17
    "I will strew your flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will drench the land even to the mountains with your flowing blood..."
    ..........Ezekiel 32:5
    "I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will tear open their breast, and there I will devour them like a lion, as a wild beast would rend them."
    ..........Hosea 13:8
    "Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces..."
    ..........Malachi 2:3
    "'Pass through the city after him, and smite; your eye shall not spare and you shall show no pity; slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women...'"
    ..........Ezekiel 9:5
    "Behold the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger...Whoever is found will be thrust through and whoever is caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes, their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished."
    ..........Isaiah 13:9, 13:15
    "Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you. I, the Lord, have spoken."
    ..........Ezekiel 5:10, 5:17
    "And I will fill your mountains with the slain; on your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those slain with the sword shall fall...Then you shall know that I am the Lord."
    ..........Ezekiel 35:8
    "...I make weal and create woe, I am the Lord, who do all these things."
    ..........Isaiah 45:7

JESUS
    "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother- in-law...."
    ..........Matthew 10:34
    "'But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.'"
    ..........Luke 19:27
    (parable) "If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned."
    ..........John 15:6
    "The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth."
    ..........Matthew 13:49
    "And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one."
    ..........Luke 22:36
    "Do you think I have to come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; for henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three; they will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against her mother, mother- in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in- law.
    ..........Luke 12:51
    "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the son shall not see life, but the wrath of god rests upon him."
    .........John 3:36
    "And that servant who knew his master's will, but did not make ready or act according to his will, shall receive a severe beating."
    ..........Luke 12:47
    "If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."
    ..........Luke 14:26

SLAVERY
    "When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be punished; for the slave is his money."
    ..........Exodus 21:20
    "Let all who are under the yoke slavery regard their masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be defamed. Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful on the ground that they are brethren; rather they must serve all the better since those that benefit by their service are believers and beloved."
    ..........1 Timothy 6:1
    "If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservants do."
    "Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes...."
    ..........Luke 12:37
    "As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from the nations that are round about you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you, to inherit as a possession forever; you may make slaves of them, but over your brethren the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another, with harshness."
    ..........Leviticus 25:44
    "Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, . . . and they shall be your possession . . . they shall be your bondmen forever."
    ..........Leviticus 25:45-46
    "Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect..."
    ..........Titus 2:9
    "Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ...."
    ..........Ephesians 6:5

WOMEN
    "But if the thing is true, that the tokens of virginity were not found in the young woman, then you shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..."
    ..........Deuteronomy 22:20"
    ...they have rejected the word of the Lord, and what wisdom is in them? Therefore I will give their wives to others..."
    ..........Jeremiah 8:9
    "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire will be for your husband."
    ..........Genesis 3:16
    "For the wife does not rule over her own body, but the husband does..."
    ..........1 Corinthians 7:4
    "For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman but woman for man."
    ..........1 Corinthians, 11:8
    "Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord."
    ..........Ephesians 5:22
    "It is well for a man not to touch a woman."
    ..........1 Corinthians 7:1
    "...the Lord has trodden as in a wine press the virgin daughter of Judah."
    ..........Lamentations 1:
    "Behold the day of the Lord is coming, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in the midst of you. For I will gather the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women ravished..."
    ..........Zechariah 14:1
    "...I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the light of this sun."
    ..........2 Samuel 12:11
    "Thus a married woman is bound by law to her husband as long as he lives..."
    ..........Romans 7:2
    "Likewise, you wives, be submissive to your husbands..."
    ..........1 Peter 3:1
    "As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church."
    ..........1 Corinthians 14:34
    "Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor."
    ..........Timothy 2:11
    "And David took more concubines and wives from Jerusalem..."
    ..........2 Samuel 5:13

PERVERSION
    "When men fight with one another, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall have no pity."
    ..........Deuteronomy 25:11
    "Behold, I am against you, says the Lord of hosts, and will lift up your skirts over your face; and I will let nations look on your nakedness and kingdoms on your shame."
    ..........Nahum 3:5
    "He whose testicles are crushed or whose male member is cut off shall not enter the assembly of the Lord."
    ..........Deuteronomy 23:1
    "...she played the harlot in the land of Egypt and doted upon her paramours there, whose members were like those of asses and whose issue was like that of horses."
    ..........Ezekiel 23:19
    "Circumcise yourselves to the Lord, remove the foreskin of your hearts..."
    ..........Jeremiah 4:4
    "Any animal which has its testicles bruised or crushed or torn or cut, you shall not offer to the Lord or sacrifice within your land..."
    ..........Leviticus 22:24
    "David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines; and David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king's son-in-law."
    ..........1 Samuel 18:27
    "Circumcision indeed is of value if you obey the law; but if you break the law, your circumcision becomes uncircumcision. So, if a man who is uncircumcised keeps the precepts of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision?"
    ..........Romans 2:25
    "...so when he went into his brother"s wife he spilled the semen on the ground...And what he did (spilling his semen) was displeasing in the sight of the Lord and He slew him also."
    ..........Genesis 38:9
    "Bless, O Lord, his substance, and accept the work of his hands; crush the loins of his adversaries..."
    ..........Deuteronomy 33:11

Out of 31,103 verses you have chosen these. Are you trying to make a particular point? Why did you use the New American Standard Bible Version? I'm just interested.

Have you turned into a politician? Plaid Cymru the Welsh BNP?

I know from past experience on here that the majority of British guys on here, don't believe the twaddle, and that ties in with the official Brit figures from media polls.

Now take a happy pill, and say a prayer that the good Lord helps Liverpool put 4 past Chelsea
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    Fact - Philippines is a catholic country so (not me included) most on here that are from there are Catholic so how can you expect them never to mention God on here?
    Correction:
    The majority of the Philippine people are Catholics (because their parents made them so!), the country is not.
    Same with Britain, the country is NOT Christian, it is of no religion, but a minority of the people are Christians.
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information