Thread: He Is Dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    Fact - Philippines is a catholic country so (not me included) most on here that are from there are Catholic so how can you expect them never to mention God on here?
    Correction:
    The majority of the Philippine people are Catholics (because their parents made them so!), the country is not.
    Same with Britain, the country is NOT Christian, it is of no religion, but a minority of the people are Christians.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Correction:
    The majority of the Philippine people are Catholics (because their parents made them so!), the country is not.
    Same with Britain, the country is NOT Christian, it is of no religion, but a minority of the people are Christians.

This is taken from the Life in the Uk Test Official Publication - the very book applicants for LTR must study.

'Although the Uk is historically a Christian society, everyone has a legal right to practise the religion of their choice. In the 2001 census, just over 75% said they had a religion; 7 out of 10 of these were Christians. There were also a considerable number of people who followed other religions. Although many people in the UK say they hold religious beliefs, currently only around 10% of the population attend religious services. More attend services in Scotland and Northern Ireland than in England and Wales. In London, the number of people who attend religious services is increasing.

Religions in the UK %
    Christian (10% of whom are RC) 71.6
    Muslim 2.7
    Hindu 1.0
    Sikh 0.6
    No Religion 15.5

(c) Crown Copyright Published by TSO '

So who's telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    This is taken from the Life in the Uk Test Official Publication - the very book applicants for LTR must study.

'Although the Uk is historically a Christian society, everyone has a legal right to practise the religion of their choice. In the 2001 census, just over 75% said they had a religion; 7 out of 10 of these were Christians. There were also a considerable number of people who followed other religions. Although many people in the UK say they hold religious beliefs, currently only around 10% of the population attend religious services. More attend services in Scotland and Northern Ireland than in England and Wales. In London, the number of people who attend religious services is increasing.

Religions in the UK %
    Christian (10% of whom are RC) 71.6
    Muslim 2.7
    Hindu 1.0
    Sikh 0.6
    No Religion 15.5

(c) Crown Copyright Published by TSO '

So who's telling the truth?
    7 out of 10 believe in Christ!.......
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    7 out of 10 believe in Christ!.......
    yes maybe, but how many go to church thou ?, and are they only, when it comes to weddings, christening, Easter and Xmas ??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes maybe, but how many go to church thou ?, and are they only, when it comes to weddings, christening, Easter and Xmas ??
    Going to church really is neither here or there, if you think about it, as many people will regard as having Christ/God within....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Going to church really is neither here or there, if you think about it, as many people will regard as having Christ/God within....
    Yay Dom is right

Dom, you should be the next Pope.

if you ask someone if they are religious, you'll get many who say yes, but do they practise that religion ?

they believe in god, do they read the bible, do they go to church, do they practise what their religion says ??

you call yourself a Chelsea fan Dom, have you ever been to see them ? and go and ask those who have season tickets if they think you are a fan..

2 different answers

Banned
    i

you call yourself a Chelsea fan Dom, have you ever been to see them ?

Yes.
    For many a year I was attending Earls court ideal home exhibition, and sometime I was able to sneak in a couple or three home matches. Looked a bit of a prat in suit and tie, but there you go, the sacrifices one has to make sometime....
    Unfortunately I don't have the chance to get to London anymore or even being able to afford such a luxury as a footie ticket as other priorities have emerged.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Totally agree!!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I feel that I have to make one post here - despite not wishing to 'elongate' a thread which, quite frankly, has made me rather upset.

I have said before, on a couple of occasions - can't be a****d to look through and find them - that Jesus came to us with a message - be good - love your enemies - treat everyone as you would be treated. In other words, let's all be nice to each other!!!

Whether you believe in Him or not, let's try to live by His message. Wouldn't it be GREAT if everyone in the world was nice to his/her neighbour? No more crime, no more shooting, no more wars, no more Oldham getting beaten!

I KNOW and appreciate that, humankind as it is, these wishes are 'impossible' to realise - BUT - you must agree, it is a Utopian ideal n'est-ce pas?

So, Christian, athiest, agnostic, Jew, Muslim - WHATEVER - surely everyone on here would love to live by Jesus' message!

Let's just all be friends PLEASE!! Sod the cups of tea - let's all have a few beers.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Banned
    yes maybe, but how many go to church thou ?,
    currently only around 10% of the population attend religious services.

Banned
    He can go to speak to any church of any denomination and ask them about disappearing sheep, sorry, flock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    He can go to speak to any church of any denomination and ask them about disappearing sheep, sorry, flock.
    Ah I see, insults galore. As for English man John Lennon he was higher than a kite most of the time. The drugs dont work.

Banned
    Ah I see, insults galore. As for English man John Lennon he was higher than a kite most of the time. The drugs dont work.
    Hahahahah, that has got to be one of the funniest retorts.
    Go out in your town late at night and say bad things about Lennon.
    I think you would end your night in a distressing way.....

As Karl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses". Don't get me started on the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

Very entertaining thread tho...
    S J

Thread Information