Thread: He Is Dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i see your point, but how many people are dedicated to their religion, for many ticket holders football is their life, look how many fans go across Europe to watch a match and come straight back.
    Noted Joe but football cannot define who an individual is and provide them a set of moral codes that help them contribute positively to society, raise their families and give them a divine source of conflict resolution.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Noted Joe but football cannot define who an individual is and provide them a set of moral codes that help them contribute positively to society, raise their families and give them a divine source of conflict resolution.
    all you mention and more i can do without religion, treat people how you would like to be treated, fair play and justice, compassion, common sense, equality .. etc.

all you mention and more i can do without religion, treat people how you would like to be treated, fair play and justice, compassion, common sense, equality .. etc.
    I totally agree with that! I was merely attempting to highlight some of the fundamental heterogeneity existing between football and one's belief as cornerstones for the development of e.g. an individuals essential moral fabric, given the context of the prevailing discourse. For many their belief is a philosophy of life that governs their behaviour. It is totally normal for an individual to arrive at a similar set of guiding principles without a religion - absolutely.

I totally agree with that! I was merely attempting to highlight some of the fundamental heterogeneity existing between football and one's belief as cornerstones for the development of e.g. an individuals essential moral fabric, given the context of the prevailing discourse. For many their belief is a philosophy of life that governs their behaviour. It is totally normal for an individual to arrive at a similar set of guiding principles without a religion - absolutely.
    so what's the difference then, you read the bible, pray and goto church and i don't , is that it

i respect your right to believe what you want, and do what you want as long as its legal and if not, as long as it's in your own home

so what's the difference then, you read the bible, pray and goto church and i don't , is that it
    Huh!!!!!!!!! Where did that come from amigo? I thought we were talking about football versus faith as a basis for moral code here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    So, keep religion to yourselves and others like me will not have to take you to task.
    Delusional and comic!!! I get it now!!!

Banned
    ......Delusional and comic!!! I get it now!!!
    "Eureka"......watch the soap on the floor though. Ha Ha, but at least I can keep to the bigger picture without getting a magnifying glass out

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    "Eureka"......watch the soap on the floor though. Ha Ha, but at least I can keep to the bigger picture without getting a magnifying glass out
    Funny guy! You are certainly not a man of the detail; I did notice that

Well, at least we have shown folk that we can both flourish within a love-hate relationship where you love me and ....

So, when will you and your better half be in the UK commencing your new life together? Let me tell you what you and so many others already know - It just keeps getting better and better! I took a picture earlier today, which is in my album, of my wife and baby asleep together. Oh my! Sniff, sniff!! I still have to pinch myself almost daily.

I'm still working on being a better person but am so fortunate compared to so many. All the best mate!

Btw, I enjoy sparring with you - even though you punch like a girl!

Thread Information