Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: He Is Dead

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    To Aposhark,

The argument that you cannot support your wife because you do not agree with her religious views is crazy. That is almost like saying that your wife would not support you because you like watching football and she doesn't. If that was the case there would be very few couples in the UK still together. :-) In any case it is variety, and the differences between people, that makes them interesting and often what attracts us to someone in the first place.
    Vive la difference!
    Where did I type that???????
    You too have the "ElJohno syndrome" - putting "words into people's mouths".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Maybe you'd like to explain to me why the local Catholic Church in Aberystwyth is packed full during mass on Sunday.
    Aberystwyth is not exactly a large busy place.
    My best friend for many years was from Porthmadoc, and he told me all along that coast there is big alcoholism problems as there is nothing else to do.
    He is a Welshman, and he has never been to church in his life.
    There is a link, get it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes maybe, but how many go to church thou ?, and are they only, when it comes to weddings, christening, Easter and Xmas ??
    He can go to speak to any church of any denomination and ask them about disappearing sheep, sorry, flock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I feel that I have to make one post here - despite not wishing to 'elongate' a thread which, quite frankly, has made me rather upset.

I have said before, on a couple of occasions - can't be a****d to look through and find them - that Jesus came to us with a message - be good - love your enemies - treat everyone as you would be treated. In other words, let's all be nice to each other!!!

Whether you believe in Him or not, let's try to live by His message. Wouldn't it be GREAT if everyone in the world was nice to his/her neighbour? No more crime, no more shooting, no more wars, no more Oldham getting beaten!

I KNOW and appreciate that, humankind as it is, these wishes are 'impossible' to realise - BUT - you must agree, it is a Utopian ideal n'est-ce pas?

So, Christian, athiest, agnostic, Jew, Muslim - WHATEVER - surely everyone on here would love to live by Jesus' message!

Let's just all be friends PLEASE!! Sod the cups of tea - let's all have a few beers.

Al.
    I feel a song coming on.... "Imagine" by John Lennon...

Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

But I'm not the only one
    And the world will live as one

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    He can go to speak to any church of any denomination and ask them about disappearing sheep, sorry, flock.
    Ah I see, insults galore. As for English man John Lennon he was higher than a kite most of the time. The drugs dont work.

Banned
    Ah I see, insults galore. As for English man John Lennon he was higher than a kite most of the time. The drugs dont work.
    Hahahahah, that has got to be one of the funniest retorts.
    Go out in your town late at night and say bad things about Lennon.
    I think you would end your night in a distressing way.....

Banned
    You see, I am just one of the millions of UK non-believers concerning religion.

If manic street preachers can spout off in the streets, then they have to realise that, living in a democratic society, non believers have the right to oppose them.

If people on this thread see fit to perpetuate religion, then equally they must expect an alternative viewpoint.

I for one will always speak up to limit religious propaganda anywhere, whatever the flavour.

I will forever say "show me some proof".
    No matter what religious people's answers will be and no matter how they try to dress it up, there is and never will be any proof.

If people on here refrain from bringing up religion, I have no problem in keeping my views silent, I am sure others feel this way on here too.

The only problem is that religious people for some reason seem to want to spread their ideologies onto other folk. This is why they knock on people's doors all over the world in order to spread their beliefs.
    People who do not believe do not waste their time knocking on people's doors, we are not in the slightest bit interested and live in this world.

Thankfully, in all the days I have lived in England, religion doesn't generally come into everyday conversation.

So, keep religion to yourselves and others like me will not have to take you to task. If religion is brought up again, then I will comment again.

It is simple.

Harmony goes hand in hand with respect, and respect means abstinence from religious ideology.

If all your family is religious, then talk about it all day and night to yourselves as it is quite a bore to others.

There are many marriages where both parties know how to aggravate each other if some buttons are pressed.
    I have asked my wife to keep religion out of our conversations and she has agreed.
    Likewise there will be topics that she will not want to discuss, and I will also button my lip and refrain for peace and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    so what's the difference then, you read the bible, pray and goto church and i don't , is that it
    Huh!!!!!!!!! Where did that come from amigo? I thought we were talking about football versus faith as a basis for moral code here!!!!

So, keep religion to yourselves and others like me will not have to take you to task.
    Delusional and comic!!! I get it now!!!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    ......Delusional and comic!!! I get it now!!!
    "Eureka"......watch the soap on the floor though. Ha Ha, but at least I can keep to the bigger picture without getting a magnifying glass out

As Karl Marx said "Religion is the opiate of the masses". Don't get me started on the Flying Spaghetti Monster...

Very entertaining thread tho...
    S J

"Eureka"......watch the soap on the floor though. Ha Ha, but at least I can keep to the bigger picture without getting a magnifying glass out
    Funny guy! You are certainly not a man of the detail; I did notice that

Well, at least we have shown folk that we can both flourish within a love-hate relationship where you love me and ....

So, when will you and your better half be in the UK commencing your new life together? Let me tell you what you and so many others already know - It just keeps getting better and better! I took a picture earlier today, which is in my album, of my wife and baby asleep together. Oh my! Sniff, sniff!! I still have to pinch myself almost daily.

I'm still working on being a better person but am so fortunate compared to so many. All the best mate!

Btw, I enjoy sparring with you - even though you punch like a girl!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

I feel a song coming on.... "Imagine" by John Lennon...

Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

But I'm not the only one
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

But I'm not the only one
    And the world will live as one
    Great artist, fantastic song, great lyrics; pity you can't live by these ideals aposhark.
    This song is all about tolerance a brotherhood of man, but from your posts I cannot see you having any tolerance for anyone who is religious.
    That is a great shame.
    JOHN and VANESSA

Here are some men and women
    who mocked God :

John Lennon (Singer):
    Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:

"Christianity will end, it will disappear.
    I do not have to argue about
    that. I am certain.

Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966).

Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):
    During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.

Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died .

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
    During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ),

while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you."
    He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic

After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be.

With an ironic tone he said:
    "Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic .

Marilyn Monroe (Actress)
    She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show.
    He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.
    After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said:
    "I don't need your Jesus".

A week later, she was found dead in her apartment .

Bon Scott (Singer)
    The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
    "Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell".

On the 19th of February 1980 , Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit .

Campinas (IN 2005)
    In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend.....
    The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:

"My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.."
    She responded: "Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It' s Already Full "

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died,
    the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken .

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written.
    In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle .
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...
    (Psalm 31:21)

Where did I type that???????
    You too have the "ElJohno syndrome" - putting "words into people's mouths".
    I get the words MANY & MOST mixed up and all of a sudden its a symdrome

Yes its your right to speak against what people say on here about Christianity and when you belittle what i have given my life to then i will speak my mind.

I am happy to share my views and thoughts on this thread like everyone is entitled i just hope it can be done it a constructive way and it does not turn into a slagging match.(This last comment is just a general thing and not pointed at any one person)

this saying is related to this discussion..

It's better to live and believe as if there is God and die and to know there is none

than

Live and believe as if there is no God and die and to know there is..

You can not turn back the hands of time...

" The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Great artist, fantastic song, great lyrics; pity you can't live by these ideals aposhark.
    This song is all about tolerance a brotherhood of man, but from your posts I cannot see you having any tolerance for anyone who is religious.
    That is a great shame.
    A shame to you maybe, a life in the here and now for me.

Isn't it amazing how people can read the same words and get a different meaning...."No religion too" is something you conveniently missed.

I will be tolerant with religious people when all religious persecution ends and when wars in the name of religion ends.

Google "Religious persecution" and read for weeks.

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity."
    John Lennon

Well, he was right, Christianity is going.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Sorry guys cant help not to put my input,i like this thread (discussion),i been reading this thread since last night,very interesting.....most viewing thread so far...
    I'm only posting again so people view it to see what crap I've posted this time
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    who mocked God :
    By that premise, most of the UK would be dead by now then.
    I didn't see that today when I was at work.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    I get the words MANY & MOST mixed up and all of a sudden its a symdrome

Yes its your right to speak against what people say on here about Christianity and when you belittle what i have given my life to then i will speak my mind.

I am happy to share my views and thoughts on this thread like everyone is entitled i just hope it can be done it a constructive way and it does not turn into a slagging match.(This last comment is just a general thing and not pointed at any one person)
    I did hope you'd see the funny side of my "syndrome" comment.
    I equally have given my life to anti-religion.

"It's good to post"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I checked the thread Keith,the discussion about religion ,and its gonna beat now,its also go on page 5 with 1,666 viewer and 149 replies,and this thread is still going .....Go,go,go.....and i saw more members are viewing the thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    this saying is related to this discussion..

It's better to live and believe as if there is God and die and to know there is none

than

Live and believe as if there is no God and die and to know there is..

You can not turn back the hands of time...

It’s an incredible con job when you think about it, to believe something now in exchange for something after death. Even corporations with their reward systems don’t try to make it posthumous. — Gloria Steinem

Banned
    It's probably nerves before the match tonight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    I checked the thread Keith,the discussion about religion ,and its gonna beat now,its also go on page 5 with 1,666 viewer and 149 comment,and this thread is still going on.....Go,go,go.....and i saw more members are viewing the thread
    Go, aposhark Go
    Fight the Christian hordes off with your shield of atheism.

Not only is there no god, but try getting a plumber on weekends. — Woody Allen

It's probably nerves before the match tonight
    I've put an order in for lightning!
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    I've put an order in for lightning!
    I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence - Doug McLeod.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    who mocked God :
    I can't see the relevance of a handful of unfortunate fates of blasphemers. Not really scientific. For every one quoted there are thousand other doubtful critics who didn't meet a sticky end. Just another urban myth

Besides, you portray a rather old testament, spiteful, and thin-skinned deity by your reasoning. Better workship and be good, or I'll make you pay etc...

I'll take my chances as worm-food, thanks - far preferable than put up with an eternity run by such a humourless, unforgiving, wrath-filled supreme one.
    S J

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyHon View Post
    ....Don't get me started on the Flying Spaghetti Monster...
    And.....?

Quick, take the flank and push that bloody ladder back.
    Ouch! someone just bit me on the leg.
    ..............Incoming.................
    Whiiiizzzzzzzzzzzz
    That was close.
    So where's that monster then?
    We need him NOW!....

[QUOTE=aposhark;127831]

Isn't it amazing how people can read the same words and get a different meaning...."No religion too" is something you conveniently missed.

I did not overlook it, Lennon included this in the lyrics because religion is one of the excuses/causes of conflict, but the song is about much more than that its about general tolerance of differences and living in harmony.

You remind me of Boy George he is intolerant of heterosexuals because he is gay and will take every opportunity he can to tell everyone who is not gay that they are wrong.
    JOHN and VANESSA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyHon View Post
    I can't see the relevance of a handful of unfortunate fates of blasphemers. Not really scientific. For every one quoted there are thousand other doubtful critics who didn't meet a sticky end. Just another urban myth

Besides, you portray a rather old testament, spiteful, and thin-skinned deity by your reasoning. Better workship and be good, or I'll make you pay etc...

I'll take my chances as worm-food, thanks - far preferable than put up with an eternity run by such a humourless, unforgiving, wrath-filled supreme one.
    Quick my dear, push them back........
    Ah that's better.
    You're a Good-un

Banned
    Go, aposhark Go
    Fight the Christian hordes off with your shield of atheism.

Not only is there no god, but try getting a plumber on weekends. — Woody Allen
    For the benefit of the other members and the Forum in general I would respectfully ask you to fight those terrible hordes some other time, some other place.

By now your dislike or hate for everything resembling some kind of faith, is well known to us all, and it would be really appreciated if you don't jump at people's throath again.
    You do not have to participate in religion based threads

This thread started innocently by someone celebrating Easter in her own way, and escalated, near enough, into a full scale slanging match.

No member is bigger than the forum.

Unless is Keith...................

Thread Information