Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: He Is Dead

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    On the QE II subject.............. Where the heck is Cruisingkerry gone....????

Hasn't been around for weeks....
    Is she not cruising ? or with her guy somewhere ?
    JOHN and VANESSA

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    ....some people have nothing better to do than a web site like this
    But they get link to it from muppets like you
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    But they get link to it from muppets like you
    yes but you clicked on it to

Did not!

Busy making a movie
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    I am looking forward for page 20...

Does Mr Admin Boss po give us details to the Party in Las Vegas
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Did not!

Busy making a movie
    starring dolly the sheep , i thought you had eaten her

can i have a copy please

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    I am not the type to rely on assumptions without corroboration. JudyHon has intimated that he is an anorak and effectively likes discussion to be founded upon detail and precision. Of course it's relative but I'm not certain that has really come across in many of his posts. I have a friend who is a forensic accountant so I know the type.
    Sorry my posts are not ‘anorak ‘enough. I’ll take that as a compliment.

I hope you don’t see this as a cop-out, but this is a Filipino UK forum, and not a theological debating site. Therefore tried to resist the temptation to write extensive and dry philosophical posts that could bore members and give the impression I was point-scoring or being self-indulgent. We are new here. Actually I just saw it as a bit of light relief.

My point about my importance for strong evidence was about the reliability of ancient texts as a basis of belief, rather than the format of discussion here. Evidence comes in many forms, but the nature of the evidence influences its quality and reliability. I would put ancient texts in the ‘very low quality’ category, but that’s my judgement.

I used the Bible/Koran basic contradiction on the fundamental nature and role of Jesus as support for my judgement. If one of the two is certainly wrong on such a key aspect, then an awful lot of believers are barking up the wrong spiritual tree in my opinion.

As I've been asked, I’m agnostic, and once believed in ‘something bigger’. It was never the seemingly vindictive and wrathful one I heard about in Sunday School. Then as I studied sciences a lot of what seemed miraculous was explained away, I didn’t need this ‘being’ any more. Equally the random meaninglessness and unfairness of life that JoeBloggs mentioned made me conclude there is no ‘purpose’ or ‘agenda’. We all here by happy chance so let’s enjoy it and make the most.

Beside's what if I backed the wrong horse - the one true one will be p****d at me. Safer to wait for compelling proof I think.

I think ‘faith’ is a dangerous thing, as if people choose to act by faith alone I find that problematic. That’s why George Bush scared the cr*p out of me.

I also think, like science, organised religion is a dangerous thing, and can be used and abused in the same way. But the lack of doubt or questioning that is deeply embedded in science and scientists is - in my opinion - often lacking in powerful religious adherents who have unfounded certainty and develop a collective moral superiority, and then the trouble starts… Hezbollah flags with mushroom clouds on.

I've droned on too long already. Cheers for your patience.
    S J

Quote Originally Posted by JudyHon View Post
    Sorry my posts are not ‘anorak ‘enough. I’ll take that as a compliment.

I hope you don’t see this as a cop-out, but this is a Filipino UK forum, and not a theological debating site. Therefore tried to resist the temptation to write extensive and dry philosophical posts that could bore members and give the impression I was point-scoring or being self-indulgent. We are new here. Actually I just saw it as a bit of light relief.

My point about my importance for strong evidence was about the reliability of ancient texts as a basis of belief, rather than the format of discussion here. Evidence comes in many forms, but the nature of the evidence influences its quality and reliability. I would put ancient texts in the ‘very low quality’ category, but that’s my judgement.

I used the Bible/Koran basic contradiction on the fundamental nature and role of Jesus as support for my judgement. If one of the two is certainly wrong on such a key aspect, then an awful lot of believers are barking up the wrong spiritual tree in my opinion.

As I've been asked, I’m agnostic, and once believed in ‘something bigger’. It was never the seemingly vindictive and wrathful one I heard about in Sunday School. Then as I studied sciences a lot of what seemed miraculous was explained away, I didn’t need this ‘being’ any more. Equally the random meaninglessness and unfairness of life that JoeBloggs mentioned made me conclude there is no ‘purpose’ or ‘agenda’. We all here by happy chance so let’s enjoy it and make the most.

Beside's what if I backed the wrong horse - the one true one will be p****d at me. Safer to wait for compelling proof I think.

I think ‘faith’ is a dangerous thing, as if people choose to act by faith alone I find that problematic. That’s why George Bush scared the cr*p out of me.

I also think, like science, organised religion is a dangerous thing, and can be used and abused in the same way. But the lack of doubt or questioning that is deeply embedded in science and scientists is - in my opinion - often lacking in powerful religious adherents who have unfounded certainty and develop a collective moral superiority, and then the trouble starts… Hezbollah flags with mushroom clouds on.

I've droned on too long already. Cheers for your patience.

It was a compliment Shawn. I was also once called a doggie anorak by a national dog magazine that wrote a feature about my dogs

I understand your thoughts and appreciate the considered and conciliatory manner in which you've presented them. I have no doubt that if we met and discussed we would realise that we have more in common than not.

Anyway, I'm returning to work this week so have to focus once again. All the best mate.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

I cant find the "create poll" button
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Message to: JudyHon & Piamed

Will you two be marrying anytime soon? I love a wedding

Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    I cant find the "create poll" button
    We all hate that ref, so we don't need another one!
    Keith - Administrator

Message to: JudyHon & Piamed

Will you two be marrying anytime soon? I love a wedding

I think marrying twice in one month would be excessive...

Would it have to be in a church?
    S J

Of course it will have to be in a church; what kind of girl do you think I am? You'll also have to do the right thing and ask my mothers permission!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    I am not making sipsip or anything..in all about your post iye...but you are absolutely damn right,explaining things....and i will say this again.. you are smart,

Many thanks Juliet...
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

this thread is as long as the bible,i just got the dictionary out to read piameds posts

its good everyone can stay friends after a good debate

when it comes to god im a dont know?

but whatever we all have belief and faith in we should all show consideration and repect to each other

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    Everyone getting together for a massdebate........tissues anyone?
    Keith - Administrator

i hear its in vegas and your paying

i did tell you liverpool are my second team

this thread is as long as the bible,i just got the dictionary out to read piameds posts

when it comes to god im a dont know?

but whatever we all have belief and faith in we should all show consideration and repect to each other
    Totally agree my friend.

Keith!! Go to your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Keith!! Go to your room.
    I've broke it anyway
    Keith - Administrator

Banned

i did tell you liverpool are my second team
    Toffee brown nose at work.

Liverpool are my second team. Primarily because I admire their fighting spirit, think Gerrard is a phenomenon that even my footballing hero Thierry Henry, thought was grossly underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Toffee brown nose at work.
    you know me so well?

After a long days of being suffering, at last , here I am, happy heart is back.

All of the words against God is just like a stub goes to my heart... I will not hate you all guys that doesn’t believe the existence of God. I love you all…
    You just DONT believe maybe simply you CANT feel His presence….

After the rain, the sun will surely come…
    After the pain I suffered, God blessed me….. I received a SURPRISED cheque 500 pounds…. Praise His holy name!!!

I am praying this will not cause another arguments friends….
    Once again I am very sorry for the title of my thread and to all the damage (emotions) I have done… Truly I didn’t think of it….. My fault, I follow others path (put joke thru their thread title)
    And if there is a moderator who have a good heart to edit it for me please make the title “Happy Easter” and I am very grateful!….

I will not hide that I am a Christian and Jesus is my saviour;….
    If I am not welcome to this site anymore because I had God in my heart, just remove my name on the list and no problem at all……. If I am still welcome and count me as a member of your family…. ,I am very grateful friends… and it makes me happy.

May love, unity, joy & peace be with us and will shine to this site!

Lastly, I want to appreciate all those people who supported me. Thank you so much !
    May the good Lord repay back your kindness with abundant blessing!
    God bless you all!!!
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...
    (Psalm 31:21)

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I am a Christian and a believer. Can someone please send ME a cheque for 500 quid?

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I am a Christian and a believer. Can someone please send ME a cheque for 500 quid?

Al.
    if you send me £250 first then i can send you £500

but i need your bank details too?

I can scrape together 500 squid!
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    All of the words against God is just like a stub goes to my heart... I will not hate you all guys that doesn’t believe the existence of God. I love you all…
    You just DONT believe maybe simply you CANT feel His presence….

After the rain, the sun will surely come…
    After the pain I suffered, God blessed me….. I received a SURPRISED cheque 500 pounds…. Praise His holy name!!!
    How do you know God is a 'him'? Haven't you seen DOGMA?
    S J

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Now View Post
    And if there is a moderator who have a good heart to edit it for me please make the title “Happy Easter” and I am very grateful!….
    Too late,its on page 12 now....Mod Dom ask you before if youd like to change the title send him pm ...i think its too late..but i guarantee you,not your fault why the thread getting longer...so have peace on mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Too late,its on page 12 now....Mod Dom ask you before if youd like to change the title send him pm ...i think its too late..but i guarantee you,not your fault why the thread getting longer...so have peace on mind..

Absolutely you're right Juliet. It's already on page 12 and its too late to change the title. It is interesting anyway..
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Al.
    I can scrape together 500 squid!

Thread Information