Thread: my dad died last tuesday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Dear Allyn,

I pray you & your family will be comforted at this very time...

With regards to flying back home, Joebloggs & other members here are right.

I lost my dad last year July08. He had a colon cancer and other medical complications. He died on a Thursday and my husband bought me flight return tickets on the same day (using lastminute.com). Flew to Philippines on a Friday. I was so hesitant to going back home as flights were too expensive, end up paying £900+. He was buried on a Sunday. I spent 2 weeks there with my mom & my family. I never regreted I went home.

I pray you will be enlightened. But prayers are still the answer...

Take care.
    You're right JandZ, That was also happened when I lost my Dad
    That was the only time that our family reunited. That was the only time we've seen each other together as my other sis and 2 brods were all working abroad and I was sure my Dad was happy we are complete.

I just pray it will not happen again and always praying that my in-laws and hubby are always there for me. Financially, morally and spritually

When my brother died last february i want to jump into the plane but reality hits me I cannot. For so many reasons. But I never regret it for i know for sure my brother will understand me and my family. I always dreamt about him with a huge smile in his face when he was still a baby until he was grown up. And that assures me he is happy where he is now.

Allyn has her own reasons by doing so and your family understands that and so as your dad.

Be strong dear You are always in my prayer and your family.
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Wink

Dear Allyn,

I pray you & your family will be comforted at this very time...

With regards to flying back home, Joebloggs & other members here are right.

I lost my dad last year July08. He had a colon cancer and other medical complications. He died on a Thursday and my husband bought me flight return tickets on the same day (using lastminute.com). Flew to Philippines on a Friday. I was so hesitant to going back home as flights were too expensive, end up paying £900+. He was buried on a Sunday. I spent 2 weeks there with my mom & my family. I never regreted I went home.

I pray you will be enlightened. But prayers are still the answer...

Take care.
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    You're right JandZ, That was also happened when I lost my Dad
    That was the only time that our family reunited. That was the only time we've seen each other together as my other sis and 2 brods were all working abroad and I was sure my Dad was happy we are complete.

I just pray it will not happen again and always praying that my in-laws and hubby are always there for me. Financially, morally and spritually
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    When my brother died last february i want to jump into the plane but reality hits me I cannot. For so many reasons. But I never regret it for i know for sure my brother will understand me and my family. I always dreamt about him with a huge smile in his face when he was still a baby until he was grown up. And that assures me he is happy where he is now.

Allyn has her own reasons by doing so and your family understands that and so as your dad.

Be strong dear You are always in my prayer and your family.

Allyn no matter what decision that you will make, I am sure that your family will support & understand you.
    _____

On a lighter side hehe... on my way back to UK - a woman in uniform approached me asking me if I was alone or what -
    I said, "Yes I am."
    "May I see your boarding pass please?" she asked.
    I nervously asked her again (thinking, oh no.. might be my dried mangoes in my bag or something " I am sorry why?"
    "Your seat is now upgraded ma'am..." she smiled.
    "And why?" I asked again lol instead of saying thank you hahaha...
    "It is a Courtesy Upgrade..."

So yeah...my trip was upgraded from Economy to Business Class (Cathay) whooop! lol, it was like a once-in-a-lifetime-out-of-the-blue-OPPRTUNITY!!! WHOOHOOO!!! Had the chance to use real cutleries, glass cups and very spacious legroom ...

eeery but hey, hehe was that "his" way of saying thanks for coming to my funeral hehe...

Allyn no matter what decision that you will make, I am sure that your family will support & understand you.
    _____

On a lighter side hehe... on my way back to UK - a woman in uniform approached me asking me if I was alone or what -
    I said, "Yes I am."
    "May I see your boarding pass please?" she asked.
    I nervously asked her again (thinking, oh no.. might be my dried mangoes in my bag or something " I am sorry why?"
    "Your seat is now upgraded ma'am..." she smiled.
    "And why?" I asked again lol instead of saying thank you hahaha...
    "It is a Courtesy Upgrade..."

So yeah...my trip was upgraded from Economy to Business Class (Cathay) whooop! lol, it was like a once-in-a-lifetime-out-of-the-blue-OPPRTUNITY!!! WHOOHOOO!!! Had the chance to use real cutleries, glass cups and very spacious legroom ...

eeery but hey, hehe was that "his" way of saying thanks for coming to my funeral hehe...
    ]

Lucky u ZObel
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Banned

FAMILY always understands, I will not understand myself why I can't able to fly. As I hate thinking too much, hate regrets, and we have strong family ties.

It's also depends upon my conscience and theirs. So I do understand whatever Allyn's decision. I tried to PM her and will offer help sana as she is a friend. But she didn't reply.

I understand those people too.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post

So I do understand whatever Allyn's decision. I tried to PM her and will offer help sana as she is a friend. But she didn't reply.

I understand those people too.
    have u tried reaching her by any other means, Ate Penny??i.e. ym, phone, her mobile?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    have u tried reaching her by any other means, Ate Penny??i.e. ym, phone, her mobile?
    Hi Kimm, I PM her in her Yahoo, she pop up and seen her online. Then I started conversation to her. On my 3rd attempt typing another message, she was gone and I didn't send the other message.

I feel she needs privacy and silence. I understand why she can't make babad to forum as she is in her grieving. Hope to hear from her soon and be enlightened.

Thread Information