Hi everyone.

I have just read a post on another forum (Cebu Britclub) and I felt that I had to share it wish you.

I hope that the author of this post does not mind me doing this as I can't seem to get in touch with him at the mo.

Reading this brought tears to my eyes (in more ways than one!!!)

Here it is:-

Hi chaps, …simply must tell you this, can't believe what we were hearing yesterday.
My wife helps teach a group of squatter children nearby and some of the young boys were walking in a strange way into the compound. Apparently it is tradition to circumsize them over the Easter period, seems like the Good Friday. Since they don't have any money to support themselves we asked this boy how it was done.
His father did it with a fresh blade from the sari sari store !!!!!
No anesthetic, cotton was used, we can imagine then method? Bleeding was stopped by applying the chewed leaf of the Guava plant.
Didn't it hurt we asked and he replied that the pain was like being stung by one of those big ants.
Blimey…..all tradition, you don't grow if you don't have it done…?
In this day of equality we should do the girls also !
Why why do they continue with this stupid tradition, desensitizing the most delicate organ of the male species….some say its to do with religion, blah blah why change the way God made us??
….maybe it's a feministic plot to achieve longer love making sessions hohoho.
Sorry for telling you this but have to share it with you, to hear this young lad tell us and this next day coming round to our place for doing odd jobs for a few pesos and dressed in throwaway rags to boot.
It been a Happy Easter for some of use.

Peter