Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinoy Events in the UK

I could send you a few,theres one lives in the next street,one lives across the street,several in the local Tesco,loads working on the nearest industrial estate,many at Heathrow........local hospital.........I think theres more here than in Manila

yes thats what my hubby said more pinay`s in cities
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

i feel that i don't need to attend filipino events bec where i live its like there's always an events for pinoys (every weekend they have karaoke/drinking session) or if i go out going to town or supermarket guaranteed i will see pinoys.

I brought my bf one weekend he can't believe how much they drink about 10 hard drinks on the table and they mix them all and he's not happy watching drunk people that you can't hardly talk to

My wife says we will be going to blackpool and probably birmingham . Last year my daughter won the santa cruzan arch don't know yet if we are making one this year. Also an fab officer as asked if I will enter the miss gay philippines comp. mmmmmm

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    It would have been nice to attend to these events, making us less homesick...

unfortunately, there's none in scotland so far
    hi, islander,,Good News for you,,there will be the VERY FIRST BARRIO FIESTA THAT WILL BE HELD IN GLASGOW THIS 21 ST JUNE 2009!!

It will be in Kelvin Hall..with RANDY SANTIAGO as special guest.. will be nice to meet other pinoys in this big event..hope you can come!!

Independence Day in Merton Park

this coming Saturday / Sunday.

Any idea of the type of attendence numbers ?

... and more importantly, if someone lives around there, what is the
    parking like ?
    Can u park (legally .. with no restrictions) in Hillcross Avenue, Morden Lane
    or other surrounding roads ?

Thks in advance
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Free parking on sundays,saturdays is around 80p-£1 an hour off the top of my head

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

anyone knows about events in belfast?

I got a copy of Magandang Balita UK today,pretty Naff as usual,just adverts mainly but they are doing a double-page spread advertising the Barrio Fiesta Sa London Guests.....Allan K.....Joey De Leon.....Marian Rivera.....Vic Sotto.....Tito Sotto......Dingdong Dantes,,,,,and who is the Mysterious Hollywood Guest (hope they didnt pre-book Michael Jackson)
    18-19 July,Lampton Park Hounslow,come one,come all

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I got a copy of Magandang Balita UK today,pretty Naff as usual,just adverts mainly but they are doing a double-page spread advertising the Barrio Fiesta Sa London Guests.....Allan K.....Joey De Leon.....Marian Rivera.....Vic Sotto.....Tito Sotto......Dingdong Dantes,,,,,and who is the Mysterious Hollywood Guest (hope they didnt pre-book Michael Jackson)

The eat bulga cru the missus cant wait
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

wife's going, I might go yet. £25 FROM Manchester on a coach

Allan K is just way too camp for me I say bring over Dolphy,pinas answer to Mr Bean

Its a good day Jim,I am sure there are Pinay associations in the north-west which hire coaches to bring their members down Theres always loads of coaches from all over the UK

Its a good day Jim,I am sure there are Pinay associations in the north-west which hire coaches to bring their members down Theres always loads of coaches from all over the UK
    yeah Manchester branch, its going to be a noisy 5 hour trip with a coach load of Filipinos

Scrap the coach,travel in style,get a jeepney down

A stretch Jeepney

Dont give them ideas Chauffeur driven stretch jeepney service Isnt there a guy in kent owns a jeepney?He normally brings it to the fiesta?

Dont give them ideas Chauffeur driven stretch jeepney service Isnt there a guy in kent owns a jeepney?He normally brings it to the fiesta?
    must have bold tyres, or it be genuine

You know what they are like,nick a few legit jeepneys,cut and shut,Voila,you got a 18 wheel 72 seater,with room on the luggage rack for another 30,imagine that on the M25

I never bothered examining that guys jeepney closely Jim,if its there this year I will get a pic.

You know what they are like,nick a few legit jeepneys,cut and shut,Voila,you got a 18 wheel 72 seater,with room on the luggage rack for another 30,imagine that on the M25

Think of the noise, the residents of Hounslow will think concorde is flying again

I remember sitting in someones house in Colnbrook when concord had just taken off it went right over

I remember sitting in someones house in Colnbrook when concord had just taken off it went right over
    Well at least it went over and not though which is a postive

I remeber a mates girlfriend lived just across the road from hatton cross as you opened the front door a plane would be coming right at you. Strangely inside the house you couldn't hear or feel a thing.

I grew up listening to and shaken by concorde as a kid. So i had good grounding for putting up with the early morning jeepneys which drove past the Wifes Lolas House

Hatton Cross area I think BAA paid for everyones Double-glazing,but Concord was something else

Hatton Cross area I think BAA paid for everyones Double-glazing,but Concord was something else
    I think they had triple glazing and mega insulation thoughout. Indian mates of mine joke thats why they all live there the houses are all cheap to heat

how far is the airport to the barrio festival lampton park ?

20 minutes?Its about 4 miles?Maybe 5?

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    how far is the airport to the barrio festival lampton park ?
    Which part of the Airport sir?

terminal 123, 4 or 5 or?

Hounslowi s to the east of the airport

How would you be traveling from the airport.

If its by tube hounslow central takes you a couple of mintues walk away.

If a car parking can be a bit hertic in the nearby area.

20 minutes?Its about 4 miles?Maybe 5?
    might fly down from Manchester, be a lot quieter and easier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information