Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hatton V Pacman................

Banned
    Me and the wife have been re-enacting the fight. Of course I am Ricky "brown" Hat on, she is the other bloke.

I am 6' 2", she is 5' 2", but we both weigh the same, I spend 5 hours a week in the gym, she spends 24 hours a week in the shops. So, we are fairly evenly matched.

I tend to win.

Did you miss me?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    He he..
    The 2 numbskulls that backed out of bets with me were nearly crying yesterday..
    At least I bought the beers for them to cry into though...Like a true gent!
    I agree with Arum though..Manny`s now set to be the best boxer of all time.
    When he`s president the Pound will go straight back up to 100 and beyond so that a good thing I guess..
    Very disappointed with Filipino`s at the cinema yesterday..A woman behind me was laughing at Ricky while his eyes rolled back and him looking comatose..They shouted that maybe he was dead and the rest stood on their chairs and laughed along with her.
    They also seemed to find Hattons mother and Fiance`s grimaces amusing too..No concern whatsoever by anyone there for the sportsmans safety..
    Surprised and disappointed puts it mildly.

Well done Manny but your people let you down this time and they disgusted me.
    Not surprising really. Just a mention of him and you`d think it was the 2nd coming ( if you beleive any of that of course )
    Most people here hadnt heard of him at all and now that they have they just consider that Hatton was past it after the Mayweather fight.
    Outside of Phil people see a very good fighter thats already lost 3 times and before he retires someone else will put him on his
    Its good to be proud of people from your country succeding but sometimes it goes too far. If everytime a British person became a world champion we went on about them leading our country and rubbish like that, well, it`d be very silly at the least.
    Well done Manny your a very good boxer, but thats all.

manny would destroy mayweather too .
    no one can live with mannys power and hand speed.
    thats why he number one in da world.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    your banned

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i hope i'm wrong but i don't think amir khan is in the same league
    It is possible that they might fight in the future if Pacman will not retire soon, me thinks..

He he..
    When he`s president the Pound will go straight back up to 100 and beyond so that a good thing I guess..
    Very disappointed with Filipino`s at the cinema yesterday..A woman behind me was laughing at Ricky while his eyes rolled back and him looking comatose..They shouted that maybe he was dead and the rest stood on their chairs and laughed along with her.
    They also seemed to find Hattons mother and Fiance`s grimaces amusing too..No concern whatsoever by anyone there for the sportsmans safety..

My brother & wife watched it at Trinoma and paid PhP600/ticket just to watch it... Expensive right? and a friend in US paid $50 PPV

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    If will happen Floyd M. jr vs Paquiao will fight? another excitement hehehehe!
    Will Floyd jr hire Floyd Sr to be his coach?

Quote Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
    Did you miss me?
    i missed you

when manny loses his next fight you will all be like babies?

i could even beat him,hes so small

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotYou View Post

I am 6' 2", she is 5' 2", but we both weigh the same, I spend 5 hours a week in the gym, she spends 24 hours a week in the shops.
    Did you miss me?
    Oh no........... not again why dont you divorce your lazy wife instead So you stop moaning about her ? Hows that ................

Banned

Apology for that Fred,I understand what you are trying to point out...because I was thinking..what if that is happen to Manny(wag nmn sana) and briton treated that way to Manny, Sorry!!

ooopppsss sorry to hear that
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Respected Member
    I guess some people can't get a hold of themselves in excitement and they probably just got carried away. People sometimes handle victory in strange and mean ways.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I guess some people can't get a hold of themselves in excitement and they probably just got carried away. People sometimes handle victory in strange and mean ways.
    I was just happy to see Hatton get the thrashing he deserved

@ sophie and fred
    to be fair though if it was manny on the floor would the british (whos had a few drinks) laugh and crack jokes? some do some dont... oh well at least hattons ok now he will be back to his old chirpy self soon enough.

That was a thashing? nah, de la hoya got a thrashing! hatton was knocked down to early!

Banned
    He he..

Well, not in the cinema where I'm at.. when the camera showed Hatton with eyes rolled back... we were actually silently praying... the cinema hushed for a while... then the camera panned on to Manny... so they were cheering again...

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Well, not in the cinema where I'm at.. when the camera showed Hatton with eyes rolled back... we were actually silently praying... the cinema hushed for a while... then the camera panned on to Manny... so they were cheering again...
    Thats good to hear at least..
    I have seen a couple of fights where the losers ended up in wheel chairs..One a Brit the other a yank..Huge underdog,Nigel Ben was never the same person again after his fight with Gerald McClellan(the G man) who was all set to be an all time great..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1GddrOfe0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFJmzW7rI8

Manny should be advised to put his ring celebration on hold when his opponent lays motionless in future..
    The only thing he did wrong on the night IMO.

why?

boxers know what the risks are dont they!

they get in the ring for fame and fortune,if they get hurt thats there problem!

i watched the benn/mcclellen fight and every one thought benn was beaten before the fight and when he won it was great for benn!

i dont think anyone was bothered about mcelellen when benn won,until after the fight did we all know that he was really hurt?

pacman won,let the fans have there fun

Why not..? Its called human empathy..If you knock someone spark out and he doesnt move for two minutes then perhaps its time for concern..
    What on earth does Pacman say in his prayers at ring side??? The mind boggles.

it was great for benn!
    Ask Benn how "great" it was for him...
    He would do anything to be able to turn back the clock..He`s said it on many occasions since..Not only has he visited him in the States and raised money for him he`s become a born again Christian over it for cryin out loud!!
    I rest my case.

Banned
    Thats good to hear at least..
    I have seen a couple of fights where the losers ended up in wheel chairs..One a Brit the other a yank..Huge underdog,Nigel Ben was never the same person again after his fight with Gerald McClellan(the G man) who was all set to be an all time great..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1GddrOfe0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFJmzW7rI8

Manny should be advised to put his ring celebration on hold when his opponent lays motionless in future..
    The only thing he did wrong on the night IMO.
    I agree. Just look at Alli... My coworkers Dad bumped his head and was in a comma... I do hope Hatton is okay...

yep ban boxing?

incase you get punched!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    yep ban boxing?

incase you get punched!
    Helf & safty is coming out with new rules soon.

these guys take the money and when they get hurt they start crying,i have no time for them!

why should pacmans fans be concerned for hatton?

sounds like a few sore losers to me!

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Helf & safty is coming out with new rules soon.
    I see the gloves coming off now.lol

Boxes have a choice to go in the ring or not.

Not like animals, roosters, sabang what ever its called, I call it ******* sick.

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post

Well done Manny your a very good boxer, but thats all.
    I have to disagree as you do not become the best pound 4 pound boxer in the world by just being a good boxer. I have watched the last few fights and believe he is getting better with every fight and is a great boxer.

I think Filipinos should be proud of him!!

He will prove just how good he is when he beats Mayweather

I believe that the Pacman has improved consistently over the last few fights. The Money Man is a highly gifted ring master who knows his craft very very well. He employs phenomenal defensive skills and marries them with outstanding precision and mesmerising counter-punching.

Manny has a great chin, is a big hitter and has fast hands but I believe the key is whether The Money Man can frustrate the Pacman by deflecting his biggest weapons and countering with those medium sized ones of his own. If the Pacman can keep calm, make few errors and slow Floyd down he may be in with a chance, otherwise The Money Man will coast to a points victory or score a KO if Manny gets careless.

In any event, it will be great event between two phenomenal pugilists!!!!!!! May the best man win.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    I have to disagree as you do not become the best pound 4 pound boxer in the world by just being a good boxer. I have watched the last few fights and believe he is getting better with every fight and is a great boxer.

I think Filipinos should be proud of him!!

He will prove just how good he is when he beats Mayweather
    As I said, a VERY good boxer. My point is that no matter how good a boxer he is, a boxer is all he is.
    Its laughable that people would want him to run their country.
    Hes a hero now but if he became president how would they deal with a fallen idol once hes fallen victim to the corruption and scandal thats rife in Phil?
    Far better that he retires a legend and stays out of politics so as not to tarnish his image.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    these guys take the money and when they get hurt they start crying,i have no time for them!

why should pacmans fans be concerned for hatton?

sounds like a few sore losers to me!
    Because as discussed on another thread somewhere on this forum Filipinos beleive in god and god cares for everyone so they should too....
    I wonder what God thinks about fighting for money?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    God probably had 1000 pesos bet on Pacman,thats why a little divine intervention ensured he won
    Very good

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    As I said, a VERY good boxer. My point is that no matter how good a boxer he is, a boxer is all he is.
    Its laughable that people would want him to run their country.
    Hes a hero now but if he became president how would they deal with a fallen idol once hes fallen victim to the corruption and scandal thats rife in Phil?
    Far better that he retires a legend and stays out of politics so as not to tarnish his image.

I really hope he will not run for politics... It will be such a shame... The perfect example is exPresident Erap Estrada...

As nice as Manny is, and he genuinely is a nice guy, he would make a terrible politician. He is very poorly uneducated and would simply be managed into position by those who would use him for their own personal gain.

Mind you, looking at all the 'intelligent' leaders around the world, I do not necesaarily believe that intelligence is a prerequisite. My view is that many leaders defy logic once they have secured their position. I persoanlly do not know how any leader can drive past people in their own country who are sleeping on the streets, dying because of inadequate resources, etc. yet go home to their palace knowing they have enough money in the bank to save a great many lives.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information