Thread: Family Visitor Visa

Question Family Visitor Visa

Hiya!

Been following BenP's thread regarding his sis-in-law's application...

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=11125
    Congratulations by the way!

We are planning to have my good old Mommy here in July (hopefully or with in this year), just for a month visit to see her lil new grandson...

Anyhoo, I have some queries:
    1) Are these the only forms that we need to use/fill up?

https://ukvisas-stage.ukvisas.gov.uk.../1903073/VAF1B
    http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/...73/sponsorform

2) Also, how much do you think shall we have in our bank account/savings to show the ECO?
    3) Does she need to attend a seminar too and have a CFO sticker?
    4) Which is cheapest in buying flight tickets, UK online or in the PI?

5) Do you think if she will apply now, will she have the result the soonest?

Visa Fee is £67...
    https://ukvisas-stage.ukvisas.gov.uk...pply/visafees/

Any suggestions and advices will be greatly appreciated...

I just want my mommy here ...

Cheers guys!

Same here.... anybody
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

hello sis.. i was able to get my mom and my sister a family visit visa early this year.

1. form for the family visit visa
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applicationforms.aspx
    just go under family visitors form

2. this one i am not entirely sure.. I am afraid i would not know the exact figures... but the better that you have your own money in your bank account and also if they can also have their own money... when i got my mom and my sister their family visit visas... my mom already has money in her bank (that she actually has, so it really wasnt as if we gave her money to put in her bank account) and we also have our own money in our bank... i think that will be a stronger case..
    I tell you what though, i have a friend here in the UK and her father does not have any money on his bank account and when the ECO rejected his visa.. they only stated that the visa was rejected bec my friend (the one based in the Uk) did not have enough money to support him... they were able to appeal and he is already here in the UK.

3. nope, they dont have to attend as its just a family visit visa and not a settlement visa..

4. Research is the key! we were able to find some cheap flights here in the UK but my mom was able to match that price in the PI through a travel agency.

5. well it really will be the nearer she applies, the nearer she gets the visa... but of course better safe than sorry... make sure she has all she needs before lodging the application..

Hope to have helped!

Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    hello sis.. i was able to get my mom and my sister a family visit visa early this year.

1. form for the family visit visa
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applicationforms.aspx
    just go under family visitors form

2. this one i am not entirely sure.. I am afraid i would not know the exact figures... but the better that you have your own money in your bank account and also if they can also have their own money... when i got my mom and my sister their family visit visas... my mom already has money in her bank (that she actually has, so it really wasnt as if we gave her money to put in her bank account) and we also have our own money in our bank... i think that will be a stronger case..
    I tell you what though, i have a friend here in the UK and her father does not have any money on his bank account and when the ECO rejected his visa.. they only stated that the visa was rejected bec my friend (the one based in the Uk) did not have enough money to support him... they were able to appeal and he is already here in the UK.

3. nope, they dont have to attend as its just a family visit visa and not a settlement visa..

4. Research is the key! we were able to find some cheap flights here in the UK but my mom was able to match that price in the PI through a travel agency.

5. well it really will be the nearer she applies, the nearer she gets the visa... but of course better safe than sorry... make sure she has all she needs before lodging the application..

Hope to have helped!

Thank you so much Mhynne!

I thought I will never get some answers. Very well appreciated. Now, me & Tiger@Tigress will take a look at it... Hopefully we will have our dear lovely Mothers here ;-)

Have a great weekend!

let me know sis if you have any questions... i will try to help...

let me know sis if you have any questions... i will try to help...
    Hi Myhnne,

Thanks again...
    How long did it take them to get the visa after lodging their applications?

mga around 3 weeks lang sis

Hi Mhynne,

Can I ask you when and where did your friend lodge an appeal? How many months did it took her to have her father's refusal decision overturned?

To tell you my experience here, I have been to the UK twice already but was refused an entry the last time I appplied last March 2009. I just came home last January 2009 with the same visa I have been filing all through the years and it's Family Visitors Visa. Their grounds for my refusal was that they dont think that I am a genuine visitor in the UK since I just came home and wanted to re apply again to go back to the UK. With that, I was given the right to appeal and I lodge my appeal last March as well in the British Embassy Manila. Until now, I am still waiting for the results if the ECM will overturn the decision the ECO had made and it will took 2 months for me to wait or otherwise if the decision is not overturned they will forward my appeal budle to the AIT in UK. With that, It will take me some more months to have it heard in the UK with a judge and if overturned it will cost me 6 months or so to wait for it.

I think I am getting impatient to wait for 6 months if I get lucky to have my refusal decision overturned or otherwise wasting my 6 months waiting for nothing. I am planning to apply a fresh application early this June.

Please get back to me.

Cheers. x

Goodluck on you appeal

Quote Originally Posted by mastergidd View Post
    Hi Mhynne,
    Can I ask you when and where did your friend lodge an appeal? How many months did it took her to have her father's refusal decision overturned?
    To tell you my experience here, I have been to the UK twice already but was refused an entry the last time I appplied last March 2009. I just came home last January 2009 with the same visa I have been filing all through the years and it's Family Visitors Visa. Their grounds for my refusal was that they dont think that I am a genuine visitor in the UK since I just came home and wanted to re apply again to go back to the UK. With that, I was given the right to appeal and I lodge my appeal last March as well in the British Embassy Manila. Until now, I am still waiting for the results if the ECM will overturn the decision the ECO had made and it will took 2 months for me to wait or otherwise if the decision is not overturned they will forward my appeal budle to the AIT in UK. With that, It will take me some more months to have it heard in the UK with a judge and if overturned it will cost me 6 months or so to wait for it.
    I think I am getting impatient to wait for 6 months if I get lucky to have my refusal decision overturned or otherwise wasting my 6 months waiting for nothing. I am planning to apply a fresh application early this June.
    Please get back to me.
    Cheers. x
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Hi Myhnne,

Thanks again...
    How long did it take them to get the visa after lodging their applications?

mga around 3 weeks lang sis

Wow 6 weeks only. not bad!

Another silly Q:
    Given that CFO seminar is just for settlement visa but does she still need to secure & pay for the CFO sticker (Commission on Filipino Overseas) since it's for filipino going overseas?

Salamat again sis!

@mastergidd - sorry im not exactly sure how long it took. but one things for sure it did take a very long time.. i remember it took months before they got the decision... good luck on your appeal...

@jay&zobel - 3 weeks sis.. no need for a CFO sticker as its just technically a visit visa... so you only need the visa stamp on the passport really...

@jay&zobel - 3 weeks sis.. no need for a CFO sticker as its just technically a visit visa... so you only need the visa stamp on the passport really...

Cheers!!!!

@mastergidd - sorry im not exactly sure how long it took. but one things for sure it did take a very long time.. i remember it took months before they got the decision... good luck on your appeal...
    Thanks Myhnne.

Thread Information