Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Job hunting

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRES25 View Post
    It's so depressing, I have been here for exactly 2 months now and still no luck in getting a job. I feel so useless because I am not contributing financially to my husband. He's paying all the bills alone and still trying to pay off credit card debts that he used to get me here. It's just so difficult if you can't drive and get nowhere. Unlike in the Philippines, if you have the address of the company, you can just take a taxi and directly go there or ride a bus, jeepney, tricycle or MRT/ LRT. So many forms of transportation but here, it's so hard!!! unless you can drive and have your own transportation. I have been learning how to drive, I used to learn twice a week but now,only doing once a week bcoz of financial constraint..To all Filipina wives here, I am just wondering how long did it take you before you got a job?
    It took me four months after i got my FLR... Don't loose hope you will get the perfect job for you soon....
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
    Looking forward to stop the racial stereotyping here!

Before I got married my Mum thought all Filipinas were loving, hardworking, good mothers, grateful, simple souls.

What a shock for her! My dear wife, laziest person I ever met!
    I guess that's your fault, you didn't take time to carefully know your wife before you married her and guess you've spoilt her.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    thats how my wife got her first job walking around local town centre with cv with a basic cover letter.

Also make sure you know what hours days you can work. Practise basic interview questions. If you need help on this ask on here, we will all help you
    thanks somebody!!!

Banned
    So sorry I did not introduce myself, I think the little panel in the top right of the post says most of what needs to be said. Wrong forum? I do apologise.

It's clear now, it's my fault my dear wife is lazy. I wonder if it would be her fault if I were more understanding and sympathetic? Spoil her or endure a month of silence, tantrums, accusations and eventually outright lies. Now let me consider which course should I choose...

Now, why did I marry her? Well perhaps she spun me such a magnificent yarn, invested some time in playing me like a fish and I fell for it. Sucker. "Courting" is one thing, once hooked the mask slips and all is revealed over a period of time. Joy.

I enjoy with wry amusement some of the posts on this forum that automatically confer deity status on filipinas, by simple virtue of where they were born.

And before you guess and/or comment, we are actually content with our married lives (she gets to travel around the world and I get someone to irritate me) we now tend to accept each other's outrageous shortcomings. Mine, of course, are considerably worse than hers, as I am British after all.

Respected Member
    Oh dear,are you implying bad things about Filipinas or The Philippines?
    tut tut!
    Don`t you know its only ok to say bad things about the UK?
    A country that most of us live in or have spent a great deal of time/money to come to.
    Seems to me like your a breath of reality

Before I got married my Mum thought all Filipinas were loving, hardworking, good mothers, grateful, simple souls.

I can only speak as I find and in my experience most Filipina's who come here can't wait to find a job and start work. That certainly was the case with my wife even though she had no need to financially.
    Iain.

Banned
    Thank you Adam&Chryss,

A balanced view. Let's hear it for reality, I can get fantasy elsewhere.

I love visiting the Philippines, been there so many times. My kids love it too. They know Malate better than their "home" town. I love it when filipinos try to scam me in Manila. Hilariously inept, comically old scams. "I am working at your hotel, sir." "Really, I am staying at my Aunt's house." "My sister is going to be a nurse in the UK near your town, could you come home and let her practise English?" "What's the name of the hospital?" "Er, er Queen Elizabeth's" Good try, as I walk off laughing my socks off. My favourite ever, "Would you like to hire my cock, sir?" Obviously referring to cock-fighting, but still quite funny for a simple soul like me. Looking forward to my next visit (as long as this flu thing doesn't stop international travel!)

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I can only speak as I find and in my experience most Filipina's who come here can't wait to find a job and start work. That certainly was the case with my wife even though she had no need to financially.
    Iain.

Most of my filipina friends here as well cant wait to find a job too
    In my case while waiting for my flr i started sending cv to different comapanies etc... when i got my flr few weeks after i landed a job

Goodluck to your job hunting
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Watch out your words,would you kind enough to introduce yourself follow your post,you didnt go for first step,introduce yourself section
    So why you didnt know her first then before marry her
    yes you are right mrs.JMAJOR,not all filipina are Lizzy, i have two kind of job at the moment and i am injoyed it.

not all filipina is lazzy have two job at the moment,and i am injoy it,

Banned
    So lucky, my dear wife sometimes talks about getting a job. Talk no action. I sometimes tell her that if she gets a job I will look forward to her giving me money to spend on shoes and manbags. She soon forgets about job hunting. Hehe.

Respected Member
    [QUOTE=NotYou;131454]I sometimes tell her that if she gets a job I will look forward to her giving me money to spend on shoes and manbags.

You wish Not in this lifetime

Banned
    Oh dear do I expect too much? After keeping her in shoes and handbags for so long is it unfair to ask her to do the same for me? So inconsiderate.

Respected Member
    Oh dear do I expect too much? After keeping her in shoes and handbags for so long is it unfair to ask her to do the same for me? So inconsiderate.
    Maybe if she starts earning money on her own, then you won't have to buy her shoes and handbags anymore, coz she sure can afford to buy those herself already. isn't that a relief? Fair enough?

Banned
    A relief indeed. But of course I just adore giving her money to spend on shoes and handbags so she can keep them in the wardrobe and never wear/use. Really worthwhile.

A relief indeed. But of course I just adore giving her money to spend on shoes and handbags so she can keep them in the wardrobe and never wear/use. Really worthwhile.
    investment????
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Banned
    Great investment, selling secondhand shoes, out of fashion. The handbags though, the queen of all is the Louis V. Apparently that is appreciating in value.

Mr Moderator I want to access my profile, how long to have to be a newbie?

I've got to confess I lied about my age, I am not 44 I am 45. Does that make me a bad British man? I've not been feeling myself tonight.

Respected Member
    Oh what a waste Don't give her something she will just bury in the wardrobe

Banned
    May I refer the forum to the Savoy Havana Band (1924) - I'm Gonna Bring A Watermelon To My Girl Tonight

When I brought an apple she let me hold her hand
    When I brought an orange we kissed beneath the band
    When I brought bananas she hugged me all her might
    I'm gonna bring a watermelon to my girl tonight

Sophie I like Poole, Sandbanks Hotel (been there 3 times). Okay hotel, nice location.

Now about that job....Looking for one myself actually...

Respected Member

Sophie I like Poole, Sandbanks Hotel (been there 3 times). Okay hotel, nice location.

Yep, sandbanks is really nice

Now about that job....Looking for one myself actually...
    Well, goodluck in your job search. I'm just about to look one myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information