Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If you could introduce something to the Philippines what would it be?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jay&zobel View Post
    and not long. Pi will be in recession too! (or is it already:erm
    it always has been zobel, hehehehe
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Where to begin!!!

Interesting topic.
    I think there are so many things that could be introduced, whether they ever become popular with demand who knows.

After 3 trips to the Philippines amounting to almost 6 months of stay, I have to admit I'm not a fan of the food, maybe I've not had a chance to sample the greatest variety, but after eating rice for a number of weeks I tend to feel I don't wanna see another grain, the only thing that saves me is having the odd curry.

I think rightly or wrongly they have had too much of an American influence, hot dogs are ok for a quick take away if put in a bun with mustard, onions and some ketchup, but when you go to the supermarket you might see an aisle stretching 30 feet full of different hot dogs lol

I took with me some Mustard, some Custard and some rice pudding, my Mahal thought the deserts were masarap, she didn't like Mustard though :(

She hadn't had curry till I came there and likes that now.

Some decent Curry houses would be nice, and some decent Chinese restaurants, had some nice Thai food, but also some not so nice. Beef (not that hard stringy stuff in the Terryaki dishes), dairy products;- real milk, fresh cream, cheeses.

I like adobo, but wouldn't say I loved it, the sauce can be too overpowering if done wrong. I think in the big cities their is enough variety of restaurants if you can afford to eat out all the time, I do enjoy some Bangus and generally more of the seafood dishes, but they are simple dishes, fish, rice and some sauce and some not so nice cold veggies lol whenever i got from food courts.

If anyone has any recommendations on a dish to try (other than Balut lol) I will next visit!

As far as things other than food, I wouldn't know where to begin!

British cuisine gets a hard press, especially from Americans, but I think Filipino could be worse! lol
    Don't hate on me, just speaking my mind.

Complex,interesting comments about the Curry House,I actually know an old Indian guy in Damosa,Davao who has just opened an indian restaurant,the food was too hot for the locals,didnt sell much,he has now added an american flair to the place serving burgers,hotdogs,also local pinoy dishes and sales have rocketed,your right about Pinoy food,I always said it was the worst in Asia,even Dall,rice and chapatis in Kabul tastes better,as you said,just speaking my mind

Quote Originally Posted by complex View Post
    but after eating rice for a number of weeks I tend to feel I don't wanna see another grain, the only thing that saves me is having the odd curry.
    Likewise! But I felt the need to reach some form of compromise when my Filipina wife joined me in the UK. And so we usually eat rice at least once a week as an accompaniment to ... yes, you've guessed, ... chicken CURRY!

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Likewise! But I felt the need to reach some form of compromise when my Filipina wife joined me in the UK. And so we usually eat rice at least once a week as an accompaniment to ... yes, you've guessed, ... chicken CURRY!

Welcome to the forum.

jeez one a week i think my missus would implode or explode not sure which but i know Rice to the majority of Pinays is as important as Heroin to a Junkie
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Curry House

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Complex,interesting comments about the Curry House,I actually know an old Indian guy in Damosa,Davao who has just opened an indian restaurant,the food was too hot for the locals,didnt sell much,he has now added an american flair to the place serving burgers,hotdogs,also local pinoy dishes and sales have rocketed,your right about Pinoy food,I always said it was the worst in Asia,even Dall,rice and chapatis in Kabul tastes better,as you said,just speaking my mind
    Thanks Tawi - You got my taste buds excited for a second, until I read the american flair lol, shame it didn't work for the locals, I don't quite get the locals and spicy food, some Filipino food like Spicy Tuna and some Pancit Canton spicy varieties have me stuck in the CR (another american influence, what's wrong with saying toilet!) more than any curry has done!

Good to see from the comments I'm not suffering alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    hi Tawi weird I tried to reply once already to the new posts here, but my message didn't end up in thread, :(

you had me excited when you talked about Curry house, up until I read American flair lol, shame it never worked out!
    Surprised with how some spicy food isn't liked, although there is a lot of spicy varieties of food like Spicy Tuna and Pancit that although I enjoy can cause my tummy and a CR some problems lol

hmm I see after you post a message says something very quickly (too fast for me to read) about post not appearing until a moderator has checked it!! hmm but I wonder how my first post appeared so quickly, maybe it's because I quoted someone!

teaching pinoys how to form a queue!

was caught in dubai airport with 2 prams and when the boarding gates were opened, it seemed like someone said there was a bomb!

pinoys appeared from everywhere and rushed to the entrance as if the plane was going to leave in 10 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

Welcome to the forum.
    just once a week arthur,im glad i just eat rice once a day

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    jeez one a week i think my missus would implode or explode not sure which but i know Rice to the majority of Pinays is as important as Heroin to a Junkie
    im not sure how my wife will cope without her daily fix?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information