Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NVQ Visa Processing time

Quote Originally Posted by fatedtoloveyou View Post
    Thanks...I have a problem. My school has no license to operate thats what my assessor told me but i dont believe her. She wants me to transfer from one spare chair training to london academy of higher education. I dont know what to do. :-(
    Congrats for ur visa. however, as a precautionary measure you much sort out first the license of your school. Y? you know my sis in law who was a student visa, when she came here in UK last month, Two filipino were held in the airport by immigration officer cuz they found out their school has no license. Dont know if they were deported or allowed to stay in uk. sort things out before your journey. have a safe one!

Respected Member
    Thanks God....Im approved!!!! cheers!
    Congratulations paul, finally
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Thanks God....Im approved!!!! cheers!
    Our sincerest congratulations to you Paul and good luck to you in the future
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member fatedtoloveyou's Avatar
    I have a big problem!!!! My Auntie contacted the school one spare chair and the director told her that Im not yest registered!!! My assessor was a bogus something like that!!! What will I do know?

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi everyone!

With our case, i think the embassy/consul is looking for ways/reasons just for us to be denied. It's true IainBusby, they could just have searched the net to see what schools are related or in agreement with each other. It's really sad...

We plan to re-enroll, HND in a different school. Of course we can not wait for another year for the appeal.

Fatedtoloveyou, don't buy your ticket and leave yet, I know someone who was caught unaware with the same situation and was deported. She was not even allowed to leave Heathrow airport, she was sent right back to the Philippines. She's from Cabanatuan City. Fix your papers here first. I wish you all the best.

God bless to everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by baguiocity View Post
    Hi everyone!

With our case, i think the embassy/consul is looking for ways/reasons just for us to be denied. It's true IainBusby, they could just have searched the net to see what schools are related or in agreement with each other. It's really sad...

We plan to re-enroll, HND in a different school. Of course we can not wait for another year for the appeal.

Fatedtoloveyou, don't buy your ticket and leave yet, I know someone who was caught unaware with the same situation and was deported. She was not even allowed to leave Heathrow airport, she was sent right back to the Philippines. She's from Cabanatuan City. Fix your papers here first. I wish you all the best.

God bless to everyone...
    How can I do that? I dont know whos going to contact with. I need a legal one not a bogus!

I think u need to enroll at the school recommended by the consul.check OL.
    love is a verb its not a feeling u lose/it is something u do/

Thanks...I have a problem. My school has no license to operate thats what my assessor told me but i dont believe her. She wants me to transfer from one spare chair training to london academy of higher education. I dont know what to do. :-(
    Which assessor do you mean, is this an ECO from the British embassy or someone from an agency?

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Which assessor do you mean, is this an ECO from the British embassy or someone from an agency?
    assessor from one spare chair sabi ng director bogus daw tpos sabi naman nila sinisiraan daw sila ng british. dko tuloy alam totoo.

One Spare Chair is not on the list of registered education providers, see list in this link..

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/emp...terofsponsors/

sorry to be a bearer of bad news..

Quote Originally Posted by dondi View Post
    One Spare Chair is not on the list of registered education providers, see list in this link..

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/emp...terofsponsors/

sorry to be a bearer of bad news..
    Are you sure one spare chair training? How come the embassy gave me a visa if its not registered there?

Are you sure one spare chair training? How come the embassy gave me a visa if its not registered there?
    maybe because evrything other than the school is already good in your applic'n.thats why they gave u 1.coz u can enroll at another school quick.diba?

I had my visa and I want to transfer school. How much is the fee for registration, tuition fee and work placement? Any idea? the school is Golders Green College.

assessor from one spare chair sabi ng director bogus daw tpos sabi naman nila sinisiraan daw sila ng british. dko tuloy alam totoo.
    Can you say that in English please.

fatedtoloveyou congrats!!too bad about the school...what i know is that you can't transfer from one school to another since you are here. the eco approved your application based from the documents that you passed to them....if you transfer then your visa would not be valid anymore.you can only transfer once you are already in london.

Quote Originally Posted by waiting View Post
    fatedtoloveyou congrats!!too bad about the school...what i know is that you can't transfer from one school to another since you are here. the eco approved your application based from the documents that you passed to them....if you transfer then your visa would not be valid anymore.you can only transfer once you are already in london.
    I need to transfer because the school that I was supposedly go has no license anymore under tier 4. I cant come to UK if im going to pass my old school documents.

I need to transfer because the school that I was supposedly go has no license anymore under tier 4. I cant come to UK if im going to pass my old school documents.
    hows the transfer going?ok na ba?who suggested your school?yung una,if you dont mind me asking.

fatedtoloveyou I understand your dilemma....but like what I said you just can't transfer school...you should inquire about your situation in the embassy. There are a lot of applicants just like you. They were approved but they can't leave the country. From what I've heard and what I've read you have to wait for the school to fix their situation. But, I also suggest that you do some research first.Maybe there's another way...maybe what you are planning to do is now allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by waiting View Post
    fatedtoloveyou I understand your dilemma....but like what I said you just can't transfer school...you should inquire about your situation in the embassy. There are a lot of applicants just like you. They were approved but they can't leave the country. From what I've heard and what I've read you have to wait for the school to fix their situation. But, I also suggest that you do some research first.Maybe there's another way...maybe what you are planning to do is now allowed.
    All of the students from that school transferred to another school and its possible. My assessor told me and I asked one of the agency here in the Philippines. Its possible. As long as the school has a license under tier 4 thats ok.

Is it possible that my acceptance letter will be email to me by the school and Im going to print it out and show it to the immigration when I get there? pls help me guys!

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in this site. I found it helpful reading all the posts here. I'm also planning to study in UK. My sister lived there and she told me to accomplish my docs and send it to her. I'm just wondering what is more advisable, to consult an agency that can help me process the needed docs or just accomplish everything on my own since my sister told me that after i send my documents to her, siya na bahala for my enrollment and she will just follow-up everything there, then, after the assessment of my papers she will sent it back to me to apply for a visa? Please help..And can you give me more info of other documents needed especially in terms of money. Thanks. Appreciate your help. God bless everyone!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lhen View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in this site. I found it helpful reading all the posts here. I'm also planning to study in UK. My sister lived there and she told me to accomplish my docs and send it to her. I'm just wondering what is more advisable, to consult an agency that can help me process the needed docs or just accomplish everything on my own since my sister told me that after i send my documents to her, siya na bahala for my enrollment and she will just follow-up everything there, then, after the assessment of my papers she will sent it back to me to apply for a visa? Please help..And can you give me more info of other documents needed especially in terms of money. Thanks. Appreciate your help. God bless everyone!
    This website is a good starting point.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/st...dult-students/

You need to have a letter of acceptance from an approved education provider which your sister may be able to help you with. Also you need to have at least GBP7000/PHP550K (exact amount depends on the cost of course and location) in a bank account in your name - could be joint with someone else.

thanks for this info. what if i had someone that will sponsor my studies there aside from my sister. she's my aunt and she's working abroad. the account is on her name. is it ok? then, there's also an account under my name. is there also a need of affidavit of support from my aunt and also her certificate of employment for her to justify that she can support my studies? thanks in advance.

my sister advised me to take up NVQ. I am really not a nursing or any four year medical course graduate. But i finished a six month caregiver course aside from my bachelor's degree. will they consider me to enroll on NVQ? i am a commerce grad, by the way. and also, my work experience is more of office and administrative work. thanks again. God bless!

Respected Member
    thanks for this info. what if i had someone that will sponsor my studies there aside from my sister. she's my aunt and she's working abroad. the account is on her name. is it ok? then, there's also an account under my name. is there also a need of affidavit of support from my aunt and also her certificate of employment for her to justify that she can support my studies? thanks in advance.
    It's not allowed as only official sponsorship is allowed now. You need to have the money in an account in your name (could be joint with someone else) for 30 days prior to your application.

my sister advised me to take up NVQ. I am really not a nursing or any four year medical course graduate. But i finished a six month caregiver course aside from my bachelor's degree. will they consider me to enroll on NVQ? i am a commerce grad, by the way. and also, my work experience is more of office and administrative work. thanks again. God bless!
    I've seen suggestions that the UK government is being tougher on students and checking that the course is of benefit to them rather than being an excuse to come to the UK to work. You may have to be able to provide good evidence of why you want to switch careers. Also bear in mind that even on an NVQ you are only allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours a week (including any work which is part of your course).

[QUOTE=darren-b;185129]It's not allowed as only official sponsorship is allowed now. You need to have the money in an account in your name (could be joint with someone else) for 30 days prior to your application.

I'm sorry for having a lot of questions...I just need some ideas to enlighten me regarding this matter...what do you mean an official sponsorship? are you referring to the university where i supposed to enroll? does it mean that my aunt cannot be considered as my sponsor as i study there in UK?

Respected Member
    [QUOTE=lhen;185135]
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    It's not allowed as only official sponsorship is allowed now. You need to have the money in an account in your name (could be joint with someone else) for 30 days prior to your application.

I'm sorry for having a lot of questions...I just need some ideas to enlighten me regarding this matter...what do you mean an official sponsorship? are you referring to the university where i supposed to enroll? does it mean that my aunt cannot be considered as my sponsor as i study there in UK?
    Sponsorship can only be by a government or an international scholarship agency, not by an individual (relative, etc).

Your aunt could help you by lending you the required money up front (at least GBP7000/PHP550K) for you to have whilst you apply. You can then return the money to her once your application has been processed and assuming your application is successful she can then provide you with a monthly allowance once you are in the UK.

[QUOTE=darren-b;185358][QUOTE=lhen;185135]

Sponsorship can only be by a government or an international scholarship agency, not by an individual (relative, etc).

Your aunt could help you by lending you the required money up front (at least GBP7000/PHP550K) for you to have whilst you apply. You can then return the money to her once your application has been processed and assuming your application is successful she can then provide you with a monthly allowance once you are in the UK.[/QUOTE

Thank you for your reply. It means a lot. But again, i still have a few questions...You mention before that the account should be under my name or i should be joint with someone else. What if the account is on my aunt's and mother's name? Will they consider that? I had my own account, but the amount is not enough as they required. I really appreciate your reply. God bless!

Respected Member
    Thank you for your reply. It means a lot. But again, i still have a few questions...You mention before that the account should be under my name or i should be joint with someone else. What if the account is on my aunt's and mother's name? Will they consider that? I had my own account, but the amount is not enough as they required. I really appreciate your reply. God bless!
    Your name must be on the account, though it can be joint with someone else. An account just in your mother's and aunt's name is no good.

thank you mr. darren for your reply. at least now, i have an idea on what to do. unlike before that i dunno where and how to start. thanks again. but, i still have another question. hope you're not annoyed about my asking. will they consider if my account is a time deposit? thanks in advance.

Thread Information