Hi,
Just a quick post introducing myself before I get to the point of my post, as I have been reading the forum for a while and have found reading this forum to be full of useful information but thought it was time I introduced myself.

Anyway my name is Barry and I am currently dating a wonderful Filipino woman, We have been together since August last year she was previously married for six years to a Belgium man because of that is a Belgium citizen, so we have no issue with her living in the UK.

But we are now looking to get married in the relatively near future and for reasons I would rather not go into we are unable to have children together but as much as we both want children and a family we have not let that come between us.

In the past few weeks my partners niece in Philippines has asked her to adopt her new born Son, and my partner and I think this is an amazing opportunity given our situation and how much we both desperately want to start a family.

So I am sort of hoping someone can give us some advice as to where we should start, should we rush through getting married first (we were not in a hurry previously), should she apply to adopt the child herself, to make things more or maybe less complicated her niece has put my partner down as the Mother on the birth certificate in the Philippines, my partner tells me this is normal, I am worried it will make things more complicated and after seeing the little boy I just want to do everything I can to adopt him legally and bring him to the UK as soon as possible.

Sorry for the length of the post but I am truly hoping someone can give us some advice and will appreciate any replies and suggestions

I should add that we had both resigned ourselves to not being able to have a family and believe this opportunity is a gift that we should not ignore

Regards

Barry