Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glasgow, Scotland Barrio Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by filglas View Post
    By the way,, Guys,, where about in Scotland are you based so we can mention it on the day to welcome you
    Glasgow is my birthplace and, consequently, I'm familiar with [the location of] the Kelvin Hall. I shall definitely be coming along on Sunday, together with my Filipina wife, Myrna (whom I married last December 8 in Tagum City) and greatly look forward to Scotland's first Barrio Festival.

BTW, we are now living in the 'Fair City' of Perth ... which has been MY home since 1967.

turned up at the kelvin hall today 21st June and its an antiques fair what happened ??

Madonna and Randy werent there?Or Sol?What a damp squib Boycott it next year if they ever get their act together enough to host the event,visit one of the english fiestas instead

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

i live only 30 minutes away from the kelvin hall and im still anoyed as i was looking forward to it but i hope others from further away didnt have a big disapointment when they turned up in glasgow id be

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james999 View Post
    i live only 30 minutes away from the kelvin hall and im still anoyed as i was looking forward to it but i hope others from further away didnt have a big disapointment when they turned up in glasgow id be
    Really

We are supposed to be going, glad we havent
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Why bother promoting the event if they didnt have the good grace to inform people it was cancelled and it must have been cancelled in advance to allow the antique fair to book Its a rum do Imagine the folks who travelled for hours turning up to look at a victorian stuffed otter and some old ornaments

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Why bother promoting the event if they didnt have the good grace to inform people it was cancelled and it must have been cancelled in advance to allow the antique fair to book Its a rum do Imagine the folks who travelled for hours turning up to look at a victorian stuffed otter and some old ornaments
    The murky world of the UK Pinoy Fiesta.

Thats why Hounslow now has two i belive.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Yup,the pinoy fiesta farce Next year there will be a similar scottish debacle with splinter groups springing up and holding fiestas in back gardens,and sol taking pictures at each in his blue shoes

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Guys, just to let everyone know..it was on and it was there in Kelvin Hall,,and just to let you know it was A BIG SUCCESS!! Yes, there was an antique show in one of the halls..Kelvin Hall is consist of different halls,, the Barrio Fiesta was in the biggest hall which area 4 and 5. You should have walked further and no way you will missed it. Over a thousand people turned up..Including Madonna Decena and Randy Santiago. Randy was at the finale,,he did an hour concert and dancing with our kababayans.

That was a shame that most of you missed it..but we never going to promote it and surely cancel it, if there was any problem...

there were stalls for food and filipino goods also..even promotions for tagalog channels..
    anyway,for those of you who missed it,,there will always be a next year,,and I am sure if it was a big success,,next year will be better..

Mabuhay,,Glasgow!! Mabuhay,,FILGLAS!!!!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by james999 View Post
    turned up at the kelvin hall today 21st June and its an antiques fair what happened ??
    hi, james,,if you were that interested,,why did you not even ask the reception,,at the start around 12noon,,filipinos were all over the venue then when the program started we were all busy inside..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information