Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funeral attire

funeral attire

What men normally wear on funeral?
    It's my first time to attend funeral here. I'm thinking of wearing all black shirt, tie, trouser, sock, shoes and suit.
    What do you think?
    Thanks

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    too hot for that.. when my dad died, my husband and son just wore black trouser, white shirt with a tie but i noticed that halfway through the mass they took their ties off. and also after the mass we walked to the cemetary which was a little bit far, and they got too hot.. just wear a short sleeved white shirt and formal trousers..
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Buy a black t-shirt with a picture of a tie on it.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Buy a black t-shirt with a picture of a tie on it.

Just wear white t-shirt with jeans and rubber, you dont need to wear formal, filipinos dont feel wearing black on funeral anymore,

T-shirt and jeans is fine.............If your the deceased,your not really bothered what your wearing.If your looking to show respect however dark suit,matching shoes,white shirt,black tie

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Its a funeral Mrs M,its the UK,of course you wear a tie I wore a tie at several graduations in Pinas back in march,I wondered why people were staring

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Ok, where is the funeral ? In pinas or in UK ? obviously if in the UK, you can wear tie, and you see if its in pinas, its unusual, its not common to wear a tie, can be the reason is weather in pinas, how the family classified as...rich, ordinary..

Well, it seems to me its in UK, base on other member's reply lol

The funeral is in the uk Mrs M,as he said "Its my first time to attend a funeral HERE"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Ok, where is the funeral ? In pinas or in UK ? obviously if in the UK, you can wear tie, and you see if its in pinas, its unusual, its not common to wear a tie, can be the reason is weather in pinas, how the family classified as...rich, ordinary..

when my dad died, i saw lots of men in ties... have not seen a single person in jeans...
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    ... have not seen a single person in jeans...
    You haven't been with me then
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The funeral is in the uk Mrs M,as he said "Its my first time to attend a funeral HERE"
    Here?? lol what if he is typing in pinas, as you know its Fil-Uk lol you make laugh out loud

Quote Originally Posted by eytch View Post
    It's my first time to attend funeral here. I'm thinking of wearing all black shirt, tie, trouser, sock, shoes and suit.
    What do you think?
    Thanks
    Here in the UK, men traditionally wore dark suits, white shirts and black ties. But there is increasingly a growing trend towards dispensing with "mourning" attire - often at the request of the deceased's family in compliance with what their loved one would've wished. Moreover, a funeral service here, is now frequently described as being a 'Thanksgiving and Celebration' of the dead person's life. Which, all in all, would seem a less formal way of paying our final respects, yet is seen as an entirely fitting tribute.

Each nation has its own customs, of course. And it is usually the case that what is considered appropriate, will be determined by the environmental and climatic conditions of the country and/or region where the "rites of commemoration" are taking place.

Thumbs up

What do you think?
    Thanks
    Hello,
    As a mark of my respect for the deceased I would feel uncomfortable not to wear dark trousers with a white shirt and black tie, no jacket unless it’s cold.
    Mick.

My husband attended funeral today traditionally they wear dark suits, white shirts and black ties
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Just wear a nice dress so folk notice you
    Keith - Administrator

I wore a tie at several graduations in Pinas back in march,I wondered why people were staring
    Not only because your Caucasian but also you looked so respectable hahaha... did you outdo the Commencement Speakers/Guests of Honour, didnt you? lol... YOU STOLE THEIR THUNDER HAHAHA

I took the jacket and tie off in the end,people were staring so I thought I had over-dressed for the occassion,I did get a big "Whoooooooooo" from maybe 1500-1700 people sitting in the sports hall And one of the teachers invited me for a coffee Pity he was a bayot
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for all your input... it went well today, I wore black suit, black trouser, black tie, and white shirt...

Banned
    thanks for all your input... it went well today, I wore black suit, black trouser, black tie, and white shirt...
    So is it "here" mean.........UK ???

Deductive reasoning says "Here" is UK Mrs M,its his first time to attend a funeral "Here" implies he is a Pinoy in UK

lolz i thought he is british, attending a funeral for the first time in the philippines

Banned
    Deductive reasoning says "Here" is UK Mrs M,its his first time to attend a funeral "Here" implies he is a Pinoy in UK
    lolz i thought he is british, attending a funeral for the first time in the philippines
    Thats what I thought, I even asked hubby what "here" means...he said in the UK ,still confussed lol so he/she can answer it, the thread owner

Sis, how are you?

Thats what I thpught, I even asked hubby what "here" means...he said in the UK ,still confussed lol so he/she can answer it, the thread owner

Sis, how are you?
    im good sis looking forward to seing u guys next sunday... its sunday right?

Banned
    im good sis looking forward to seing u guys next sunday... its sunday right?
    Yessssssssssss, dont excess too much effort will be fine, what ever on the table, will bring some thou, to add

Yessssssssssss, dont excess too much effort will be fine, what ever on the table, will bring some thou, to add
    no sis dont, if the weathers good bbq tayo, dont bother bringing anything na.. tell the others not to bring anything k? see u then

I think he is Pinoy in UK,look at his singular use of the word "Trouser"

Its the small attention to detail,I pegged him as a pinoy straight away

maybe he's only got one leg.

Lateral thinking Jim,he looks to have two in the scuba diving shot but one could have been removed by a shark,could also explain why he used the singular word "Sock"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information