Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Darkside

You got the Joke P&PIts the mental Hospital at Mandaluyong,its an automatic response as soon as someone says they are from Mandaluyong to ask "Inside or out?"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    You got the Joke P&PIts the mental Hospital at Mandaluyong,its an automatic response as soon as someone says they are from Mandaluyong to ask "Inside or out?"

yeah, why do you know all of these stuffs Tawi2? ... Were you married to a filipina before? or just got married? or are you making a documentary film of this lovely country? You know almost everything from the different dialects spoken in every region to filipino delicacies to amazing sceneries found in all corners of the archipelago..

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

I guess I am just inquisitive and nosy I have similar interests in a few other countries

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    Hi Penny,

A bank executive living in slums? I guess a bank executive in the Phils has so much benefits like they can avail of housing loan and car loan at low interest rates, a sack of rice among many others. Some banks offers quarterly if not semi-annual bonuses, performance bonuses, dividends, group insurances, etc etc. Why does your friend prefer to live in slums? Is the slum you're referring to the same as the one in the picture?

Free electricy and water? No meter at all? Is that legal? A secret pipe?? that is cheating!!!

About health cards, i have heard from some pinoys that almost all of the municipalities offer this card to their residents(may they be rich or poor). So every resident is entitled to have this and use it for free and/or avail of discounts in the hospitals or centres within their municipality. So if one is a Makati resident he/she can have one and use that at Makati Medical Center. Likewise a resident of Mandaluyong City, etc etc.

They live there for almost 40 years and her parents live there before. The place is bit better than the photo.
    She's not interested in any loan.
    The pipe in the whole street was there for decades. Maybe that's why there were arsonists burned the whole street. To clean the place and build a tenement style but residents didn't agree.

Not sure if rich can avail free hospitalization. We have also a hospital in our place but only poor/no income can avail. Senior Citizens can also avail free hospitalization and discounted medicine.

Mandaluyong P&P Inside or out The theft of electricity is widespread in Pinas,I was in toril a few months ago and a policeman was telling me the previous night they had caught three guys attemtping to tap into a beach resorts power
    Yes, there are! Tapping and nicking live wire from the posts
    Even the broadband cable from the posts. I have experienced a week without income from my shop because the PLDT cables were stolen from the posts from nearby town. It took a week to replace the cable.

yeah, why do you know all of these stuffs Tawi2? ... Were you married to a filipina before? or just got married? or are you making a documentary film of this lovely country? You know almost everything from the different dialects spoken in every region to filipino delicacies to amazing sceneries found in all corners of the archipelago..

Cheers!

I doubt Tawi's blood is 50% pinoy

What did you sell in your shop Pen?Can we have utang

Banned
    What did you sell in your shop Pen?Can we have utang
    Internet Cafe Tawi. Utang and thank you cannot pay bills

But if you are in good faith, I can give you free one hour internet

I stand corrected Penny, yeah for sure rich are not entitled to free medication only those on the low income group.

As this thread is entitled "Darkside" and picture is about slums i was just curious why some filipinos prefer to stay in slum areas if they have opportunities to improve their lives. As what you have mentioned Penny that you're friend has been living there for 40 yrs and a bank executive. If he inherit that property from his parents and he won't be leaving the same and pass it on to the next generation so we could see here that some filipinos doesn't have any dreams for a better life. Some keep on moaning and complaining why they are poor but they are not doing anything to make it better. Some come from "no read-no write" parents but they have the will power and hope to be different hence they strive hard to have a good life. I salute these people. Thumbs up! Some just simply criticise well off people but not knowing how they were able to acquire the things to have such a comfortable life. Well, i have met some, (they kept on criticising rich people and it's bad to the ear). I'm referring to those that has worked on legal ways, just an ordinary office workers but has nice houses, cars hence a good life. Not to the corrupt people (there might be comments on this). I'm referring to average filipino workers.

I remember there was a tv program entitled "Explore" and that was all about the poor communities in the Phils which most of the members in the forum had commented why the lovely and sceneric places were not shown. There was a 19 y.o. girl living there with her family. She is so young but full of dreams. She was interviewed and said she is studying hard and wants to finish her college degree because she intends to go abroad and work and give her family a better life and so they can leave that slum area. So, in this documentary film i have seen that some (if not all) people living in slums has dreams of improving their lives and they don't want to stay in an over-crowded place all their life.

And to think this bank executive who was so lucky to finish his studies and was given all the opportunities doesn't want to do something to improve his life? I guess older people should be the ones to show to the younger generation that there is always hope and as long as one is determined and focused to his goal in life that is for the betterment then that is not far from a "dream come true". Younger people expect from older or matured people to show good example.

There was a bank employee i've met and he said they are given priorities to avail of the re- possessed properties before it is publised. So by availing of this they will just pay the remaining amounts in the bank and of low interest. If he is an executive he should know that as well. Executives are given priorities than the mere clerks in the bank but still those on clerical positions can also avail. I couldn't just imagine your executive friend don't grab the opportunities he has.

Executives are AM,Mgr.,SM,AVP,EVP,SVP,VP and up; lower than Mgr is not called an executive... They mostly likely don't live in slums for security reasons..

Chances/oppotunities on hand given to some people should not be taken for granted or ignored for it might not be there all the time.

If people in slums won't think that there is a better life out there then what will happen to the filipino people living in poverty? Houses built there will just multiply generation to generation if they won't give themselves the encouragement, determination, will (whatever we call it) one should have.

That is why some foreigners looked down to people in the 3rd world country because they can see the attitude from some. Sometimes it is generalised by them. We, filipinos should show to the world that even if we come from the 3rd world country we have dreams and that is to have a better life and to be passed on to the next kins and so on and so forth...... not to live in slums forever...

No offense here. Just my views..

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

tawi2 im from inside of mandaluyong hehe bcoz outside is San juan or Makati or pasig or SAnta Ana Punta lol
    all things are possible!

Sakto na tubag VB

p&p,I watched that program Manila to Mindanao,I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw the anguish of that girl determined not to follow the steps of her mother,and you know something?There are slums right here in the UK,I used to live in one as a kid,thankfully its flattened now,bulldozed to the ground

Banned
    I stand corrected Penny, yeah for sure rich are not entitled to free medication only those on the low income group.

As this thread is entitled "Darkside" and picture is about slums i was just curious why some filipinos prefer to stay in slum areas if they have opportunities to improve their lives. As what you have mentioned Penny that you're friend has been living there for 40 yrs and a bank executive. If he inherit that property from his parents and he won't be leaving the same and pass it on to the next generation so we could see here that some filipinos doesn't have any dreams for a better life. Some keep on moaning and complaining why they are poor but they are not doing anything to make it better. Some come from "no read-no write" parents but they have the will power and hope to be different hence they strive hard to have a good life. I salute these people. Thumbs up! Some just simply criticised well off people but not knowing how they were able to attain such comfortable life. Well, i have met some, (they kept on criticising rich people and it's bad to the ear). I'm referring to those that has worked on legal ways, just an ordinary office workers but has nice houses, cars hence a good life. Not to the corrupt people (there might be comments on this). I'm referring to average filipino workers.

I remember there was a tv program entitled "Explore" and that was all about the poor communities in the Phils which most of the members in the forum had commented why the lovely and sceneric places were not shown. There was a 19 y.o. girl living there with her family. She is so young but full of dreams. She was interviewed and said she is studying hard and wants to finish her college degree because she intends to go abroad and work and give her family a better life and so they can leave that slum area. So, in this documentary film i have seen that some (if not all) people living in slums has dreams of improving their lives and they don't want to stay in an over-crowded place all their life.

And to think this bank executive who was so lucky to finish his studies and was given all the opportunities doesn't want to do something to improve his life? I guess older people should be the ones to show to the younger generation that there is always hope and as long as one is determined and focused to his goal in life that is for the betterment then that is not far from a "dream come true". Younger people expect from older or matured people to show good example.

There was a bank employee i've met and he said they are given priorities to avail of the re- possessed properties before it is publised. So by availing of this they will just pay the remaining amounts in the bank and of low interest. If he is an executive he should know that as well. Executives are given priorities than the mere clerks in the bank but still those on clerical positions can also avail. I couldn't just imagine your executive friend don't grab the opportunities he has.

Executives are AM,Mgr.,SM,AVP,EVP,SVP,VP and up; lower than Mgr is not called an executive... They mostly likely don't live in slums for security reasons..

Chances/oppotunities on hand given to some people should not be taken for granted or ignored for it might not be there all the time.

If people in slums won't think that there is a better life out there then what will happen to the filipino people living in poverty? Houses built there will just multiply generation to generation if they won't give themselves the encouragement, determination, will (whatever we call it) one should have.

That is why some foreigners looked down to people in the 3rd world country because they can see the attitude from some. Sometimes it is generalised by them. We, filipinos should show to the world that even if we come from the 3rd world country we have dreams and that is to have a better life and to be passed on to the next kins and so on and so forth...... not to live in slums forever...

No offense here. Just my views..

Cheers!

She's an import/export manager and I tried to convince her to buy a property but she prefer to stay there.

You're right in some of your views but sadly we cannot pleased everybody. Some people thinks why they will buy a property where they can live free. Using someones property and better for them to called as squatter than buying for their own.

But bank executive don't really gets high wages in Pinas. My neighbor is also a bank exec and he applied a housing loan from bank where he's working. He paid his property for 15 years whilst me and other OFW's paid the property for only 5 years. He is now applying to migrate Canada.

Sabi nga nila, better abroad than working in Pinas.

Banned
    Hmmm, it turn into page 4 now friendship, lazy to read it all now, but I will read the whole thread, promise before lunch time hahahaha, Oi Tawi havent lend me some icon yet eh, thats why I cant use icon ha, if someone notice friendship, btw ty for lending this icon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Hmmm, it turn into page 4 now friendship, lazy to read it all now, but I will read the whole thread, promise before lunch time hahahaha, Oi Tawi havent lend me some icon yet eh, thats why I cant use icon ha, if someone notice friendship, btw ty for lending this icon
    Ehehehe the replies are long yes. I'm row 4 in English. Row 4 as in tabi ng basurahan. I just made short reply. Don't sleep while reading

That icon is for all of us. Although it's my favourite. I found it funny not rude.

Action smiley is the name

i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    Where you been borna, you gone quite while ah, you smell something,

Friendship (Penny) ,where u get the Joklet from, lol sounds choklet eh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Where you been borna, you gone quite while ah, you smell something,

Freindship (Penny) ,where u get the Joklet from, lol sounds choklet eh
    15 years ago,

Had friend named Juliet before and she loved to be called Joklet than Juliet. Had also friend called Susan too and she prefers to be called Suani.

Banned
    I was phoned last year by an employee of a pinoy call-centre,he was in Makati,I asked him was he pinoy(pinoy ka ba?)bad move,he was a bayot and phoned me four or five times over the course of a month for a chat He asked me to be his friend and he would show me around manila
    nyahahahaha... you're a bayot magnet eh?

I was phoned last year by an employee of a pinoy call-centre,he was in Makati,I asked him was he pinoy(pinoy ka ba?)bad move,he was a bayot and phoned me four or five times over the course of a month for a chat He asked me to be his friend and he would show me around manila
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    You are such a Bayot Magnet Tawi2!!! Almost all your posts are kind of bakla related hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    nyahahahaha... you're a bayot magnet eh?

HAHAHAHA SEE... EVEN FLORGE SECONDED IT!!! HAHAHAHA

Bayots scare me,thats the truth,but we have a gentleman member now with a filipino civil partner boyfriend,hope thats the correct term?So no more bayot related tsismis

Bayots scare me,thats the truth,but we have a gentleman member now with a filipino civil partner boyfriend,hope thats the correct term?So no more bayot related tsismis
    lol, are you convincing yourself?
    still same same I guess...

Not me Jayzee,I am a geezer Bugoy Like my new pic?The nurse took it this morning when they changed my sheets I thought it would make a nice icon,I will be fighting women off with a stick when they see my stripey pyjamas

Not me Jayzee,I am a geezer Bugoy Like my new pic?The nurse took it this morning when they changed my sheets I thought it would make a nice icon,I will be fighting women off with a stick when they see my stripey pyjamas
    you look a bit paler MR.
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

You still alive?

What happend to you Tawi2... are you bedridden? Are you sick of influenza? or ...? You look so pale and weak.... but still the same funny Tawi2.... continuous jokes here......
    Get well soon...

Respected Member
    What happend to you Tawi2... are you bedridden? Are you sick of influenza? or ...? You look so pale and weak.... but still the same funny Tawi2.... continuous jokes here......
    Get well soon...
    MORE LIKE HE'S IN HIS DEATH BED ACTUALLY, LOL
    Just kidding tawi2
    You've always had so much zest for life, what's with the strange avatar? lol It's so not you....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Yup,thats me,havent been feeling well lately and someone must have had an ihi in my bed while I slept,because when I woke my pyjamas had a wee smell

Respected Member
    Yup,thats me,havent been feeling well lately and someone must have had an ihi in my bed while I slept,because when I woke my pyjamas had a wee smell
    LOL, this is so not you tawi2
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

I know,but maybe if I sleep tonight I will be woken with a kiss from a beautiful woman who will change me from a frog into a prince That will make me feel a lot better In fact I feel quite energetic just thinking about it

Respected Member
    I know,but maybe if I sleep tonight I will be woken with a kiss from a beautiful woman who will change me from a frog into a prince That will make me feel a lot better In fact I feel quite energetic just thinking about it
    LOL, keep it up then I'm sure you will be fine in the morning

I hope so Soph,because I have something wrong with my eye as well

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information