Thread: FLR Financial question

FLR Financial question

Hi all,

Just a quick question about our FLR application. My Fiancee come to the UK on 3rd May on a Fiancee visa and we are getting married on 3rd July and intend to submit our FLR application soon afterwards.

For the Fiancee visa application we provided proof that we had accommodation at my mothers house and that she would only be taking a nominal payment for rent so we had no worries about me being able to prove that I could afford to support my fiancee. We are now starting to look for our own flat which will obviously increase my outgoings and I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't be an issue with the FLR application.

My take home pay after tax, NI and pension payments is about £1540 per month and to rent a flat in this area starts at around £600 PCM going up to about £750 PCM for a decent flat. Would an income of just £800 a month after paying rent be enough to prove that I can support my fiancee? I also have savings of around £10,000.

Is there any other reason why moving just before applying for FLR is a bad idea? Could it cause a problem if all the paperwork I submit has my old address on it?

Many Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    Hi all,

Just a quick question about our FLR application. My Fiancee come to the UK on 3rd May on a Fiancee visa and we are getting married on 3rd July and intend to submit our FLR application soon afterwards.

For the Fiancee visa application we provided proof that we had accommodation at my mothers house and that she would only be taking a nominal payment for rent so we had no worries about me being able to prove that I could afford to support my fiancee. We are now starting to look for our own flat which will obviously increase my outgoings and I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't be an issue with the FLR application.

My take home pay after tax, NI and pension payments is about £1540 per month and to rent a flat in this area starts at around £600 PCM going up to about £750 PCM for a decent flat. Would an income of just £800 a month after paying rent be enough to prove that I can support my fiancee? I also have savings of around £10,000.

Is there any other reason why moving just before applying for FLR is a bad idea?
    Could it cause a problem if all the paperwork I submit has my old address on it?

Many Thanks.

It's perfectly fine if you decide to move out now and get your own place. Your bank balance + take home pay is more than enough to cover all your future expenses. Plus in the application form there's a section there where you need to put your old home address.

Congratulations by the way & Best wishes!

you should be fine! as long you put it in your support letter and back it up with the paper.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    Nothing to worry about, got mine 1 month ago and the important thing is...your payslip that you had a good job that you really can support your wife, best wishes on the wedding, planning to move out of the house wont affect your FLR application for sure

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you should be fine! as long you put it in your support letter and back it up with the paper.
    Hello....
    what if theres an overdraft..do you think it will affect to the FLR applicantion....but he had a good payslip monthly...

Thread Information