Thread: our thailand holiday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yipee at last it's time to fly down to phuket so after 40 min drive to airport,short delay til flight leaves and we are up in the air! then wooosh a drop of god knows how many feetplane either hits air pocket or pilot falls asleep
    Everyone screamsi turn to maricel she is smiling and says "that was good hope it happens again it was like being on a rollercoaster" i am so pleased i took ample supply of immodium

Landed in phuket without further incident and got a posh taxi to take us the 30min trip to our hotel.on arrival at hotel we were very impressed the amari coral hotel it is gorgeous.

I use trip advisor when looking for hotels as you find out what people who have stayed in hotels really think of them and the amari was voted no1 in phuket and i totally agreed with the rating. oh how nice to get to the beach and swimming pools at our hotel,it seemed a world away from noisy,grubby bangkok.

We got settled in our room and had a quick walk about to check the hotel out and we were very happy.we agreed to relax and then check out the infamous patong beach later.

So hand in hand we set of towards the beach and kapow! the noise and liveliness of the bars,shops hits you like a smack in the face
    we soon learnt to ignore all eye contact with anyone selling from tuk tuk and taxi rides to "hey rolex mister" "eat here","hey boss"

To be fair we both enjoyed the energy and action of patong beach but it was nice to return to the calmness and security of our hotel at the far side of the beach set in its own grounds away from the hustle and bustle

The next day it was relax time pool,sunbeds,nice snacks and singapore slings all roundi though mmm the pool looks nice i'm off for a dip,maricel said she would join me soon.now i'm an ok swimmer no more and maricel does a great doggie paddle,soon she climbs into the pool and heads towards me

The problem was i was very near the deep end so water was up to my shoulders so when maricel leapt towards me it pushed me back wards and my head underwater maricel then proceeded to swallow lots of water while i'm frantically trying to throw her towards the shallow end but it's not easy when i myself was already under water running out of air:
    thankfully after lots of thrashing about in the water we were safe

Then the awful realisation that this had been a great show to all the people by the poolside all we needed now were a cople of performing seals and a dolphin to complete the show!that was embarrasing to say the least!!! but at least we lived to tell the talealthough maricel still claims i tried to drown her

Banned
    Hi Les,

Great to hear that you are having a great time with your lady in Thailand.

I hope it's not too late to mention the phrase that Rochelyn had to say every hour when everyone mistook her for a Thai lady there.

"Phood Thai Mai Dai" ("I don't speak Thai").

Everyone was shocked when she told them she was a Filipina.
    I suppose Asian ladies DO look similar then :-)

Have fun there, we hired a moped in Krabi in May, which was a lot of fun!

BTW, take some scuba tanks to the swimming pool, then you can inspect the coins on the pool floor!!

Question, how many times have you heard the phrase "You handsome man!" or "Me love you long time!" or "No money no honey!" I'm just joking of course!

I bet Thai girls are lovely, much the same as our Filipina's I expect..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Nigel,been to Thailand loads of times,and Vietnam,never once heard "Me love you long time" Everyone gets that from the Da Nang prostitute in "Full Metal Jacket"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post

I bet Thai girls are lovely, much the same as our Filipina's I expect..
    Only one way to find out.........
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Only one way to find out.........
    We value our lives too much.

well to be honest now i seen thai and filipino women i have to say the filipino girls are prettier

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    well to be honest now i seen thai and filipino women i have to say the filipino girls are prettier
    Is someone holding a sharp knife anywhere near......????

Talking

amen too that!!!

Yipee at last it's time to fly down to phuket so after 40 min drive to airport,short delay til flight leaves and we are up in the air! then wooosh a drop of god knows how many feetplane either hits air pocket or pilot falls asleep
    Everyone screamsi turn to maricel she is smiling and says "that was good hope it happens again it was like being on a rollercoaster" i am so pleased i took ample supply of immodium
    Yes I got so excited with the sudden drop down! ...and indeed enjoyed it!.....Les turned to me saying everyone was getting pale coz of fear and he had this look seemingly wondering why I seem to be enjoying it ......oh but well I didn't know that I was supposed to get scared like the others!!

But honestly, if there was a second drop down then maybe I'll start praying the rosary.

In the early days when I used to fly into Manila I often saw pinays fiddling with their rosaries,crossing themselves,and mummbling under their breath,that was before the plane even took off But whenever the plane landed at NAIA they would all break into spontaneous applause,it doesnt happen so much nowadays though Maybe you hit a pocket of clear-air turbulence that caused the drop?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    In the early days when I used to fly into Manila I often saw pinays fiddling with their rosaries,crossing themselves,and mummbling under their breath,that was before the plane even took off But whenever the plane landed at NAIA they would all break into spontaneous applause,it doesnt happen so much nowadays though Maybe you hit a pocket of clear-air turbulence that caused the drop?
    I'm not sure what was it....All I can remember was we experienced consistent turbulence and then went the sudden drop.

The next day it was relax time pool,sunbeds,nice snacks and singapore slings all roundi though mmm the pool looks nice i'm off for a dip,maricel said she would join me soon.now i'm an ok swimmer no more and maricel does a great doggie paddle,soon she climbs into the pool and heads towards me

The problem was i was very near the deep end so water was up to my shoulders so when maricel leapt towards me it pushed me back wards and my head underwater maricel then proceeded to swallow lots of water while i'm frantically trying to throw her towards the shallow end but it's not easy when i myself was already under water running out of air:
    thankfully after lots of thrashing about in the water we were safe

Then the awful realisation that this had been a great show to all the people by the poolside all we needed now were a cople of performing seals and a dolphin to complete the show!that was embarrasing to say the least!!! but at least we lived to tell the talealthough maricel still claims i tried to drown her
    Yes he did try to drown me!!

I think I drank more than 5 glasses of pool water then....Phew! It was supposedly an embarrassing moment....but the funny thing was, nobody seemed to care. The other foreigners in the pool didn't seem to mind us....It was like they were in their own worlds lol and can't be bothered lol.....So Les and I just laughed it off after realizing how cuckoos we were out there in the pool

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Les_lady888 View Post
    Yes he did try to drown me!!

Did you check if he took travel insurance for you....????

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Did you check if he took travel insurance for you....????
    Well even if he did, he won't be benefiting from it.....no insurable interest yet

Thread Information