Thread: Spouse visa advise needed

Cool Spouse visa advise needed

Hi there Im ron and need some serious advise on the spouse visa application. I have seeked advise also from Citizens advise on my application.

Story so far-: Been married now for 4 years. i also lived in Philippines for 2 and a half years . We also have a son. His name is Ben and soon will be a british national. Between January and May i became unemployed. After this i decided to go self employed. I am now only 2 months into the business and earning a average wage of 400 pounds per week.

Yesterday i spoke to Citizens advise and i informed them that i was keeping accounts etc of the business so in 6 months i could then apply for my wifes spouse visa (VA4)

cITIZENS ADVISE advised that i should apply now, even after 2 months of accounts and get an accountant to do a projected forcast for the other 4 months. He also said i had already been married 4 years and this should not be a problem to apply now for my wifes visa ..

I dont know maybe i should give UK Border agency a call and ask the same question. . If anyone can advise or suggest i would really apreciate.

Ron

Banned
    Citizen Advice are damn right Ron, yes, you are married for 4 yrs already, and you had business of your own you can get a visa for your wife with no problem at all hopefully, I had peek in another forum that the husband show huge amount of savings to the ECO when they submit wife application, but he dont have job, so the ECO questioned him, How you gonna support your wife if your savings finish up? He dont have job, so my idea of having visa is "your earning money to support your family" and not by the amount of savings you had, but it also help when you have savings

Good luck Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    I had peek in another forum that the husband show huge amount of savings to the ECO when they submit wife application, but he dont have job, so the ECO questioned him, How you gonna support your wife if your savings finish up? He dont have job, so my idea of having visa is "your earning money to support your family" and not by the amount of savings you had, but it also help when you have savings

Good luck Ron
    Yes, you're right about being employed, Juliet. However, I was no longer working when we applied for Myrna's spousal visa, as I had long-retired. But, in MY case, I was able to prove I owned my own house outright, so that undoubtedly helped - in terms of the accommodation issue - even although my savings didn't amount to much. Likewise, we were both considerably older than most of the other couples applying. And, besides, Myrna had been a professional in the Phils for 22 years [which was evidently seen as an advantage ... in spite of her being unlikely to obtain a similar teaching job here in the UK] before filing for early retiral herself.

Then again, I'll turn 65 in September, and will be entitled to what is loosely referred to as the "Old Age Pension" which will supplement my occupational one.

Like you, I certainly cannot see any valid reason(s) why Ron's missus would be denied a visa.

yes citizens advise did say that beacuse i have been married for 4 years now i should apply the spouse visa without delay. My only concern was that i have only been self employed now for 2 months.

Im just worried the ECO may say that they require a full 6 months accounts. The citzens adise then mentioned that i should not worry on this 2 months accounts as long as my bank statements are in order and that i a
    m able to support my wife AND son.

If anyone can settle my worrys and just go for it now and apply as soon as possible.

Ron

Banned
    Go for it, as long as your earning now, I am sure you dont have overdraft(zero bal account) during the last 6 months or else if there is........wait bit longer

yes my account is running ok with no overdrafts. I do also get a war pension for injurys whilst serving in the military of 250 pounds per month plus my self employment gives me a wage of about 400 per week .

Thanks very much for the good support Ron

I will keep you all posted in the near future.

Look on the bright side ron,no reason to refuse and every reason to grant,eliminate the negatives accentuate the positives

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Look on the bright side ron,no reason to refuse and every reason to grant,eliminate the negatives accentuate the positives
    "eliminate the negatives accentuate the positives"...love that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    "eliminate the negatives accentuate the positives"...love that!!!
    Its my mantra in life I cant remember quite how many negatives I have eliminated but its been quite a few

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thanks, it's brilliant!

Thanks for your replys apreciated alot. Ron

Thread Information