Thread: Odd VISA offer - think its a scam - what do you think?

Odd VISA offer - think its a scam - what do you think?

A friend of my fiancee has just been offered a working Visa to the UK as a nanny. She's very keen to take this up, and mailed me to let me know how pleased she was.

I sent back congratulations, I didnt think you could do that anymore as its all tied up on a points based system. (Am I right?)

SHe's just emailed me to tell me they want £1000 for processing the application for her and a friend, and it seems her friend was introduced via Yahoo Mail.

I'm pretty certain this is a scam, but maybe I'm just jaded. What do you think?

Total scam

.... see under the SEARCH menu for

NANNY HELPER

... all your fears will be revealed !
    No man is an island, but Barry is

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!Friend of mine lost over 200,000 pesos from exactly the same sort of scam!!!Had to send money to a guy via western union,he was a nigerian,ask her for the address,ask her for the telephone number,do as I did,ring the number,its most probably a cell-phone,I nigerian answered when I rang,then put the phone down on me when I questioned him about the Nanny position.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Nanny Scam

No man is an island, but Barry is

The address will be something totally english like "Buckingham palace street" and the guy will have a Quintessentially english name like James Brown,scam,sacm,scam,he will bleed her dry,always a little more money for this,that or the other,carrot and stick,like fishing.Tell her to tell him to ...... off

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

There is NO way to get a visa other than through the proper channels. Report the incident and LEAVE WELL ALONE!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    A friend of my fiancee has just been offered a working Visa to the UK as a nanny. She's very keen to take this up, and mailed me to let me know how pleased she was.

I sent back congratulations, I didnt think you could do that anymore as its all tied up on a points based system. (Am I right?)

SHe's just emailed me to tell me they want £1000 for processing the application for her and a friend, and it seems her friend was introduced via Yahoo Mail.

Leave it and run away from this as fast as she can,
    Bleeding obvious SCAM!!!
    Jiri & Maricel

Banned
    Dont ever dare send money, UK didnt accept working visa for nanny from philippines , Gosh help her, It was absolutely scam

figured as much - thanks

There are 1000's of those "Too good to be true" scam e-mails sent to pinays every day from Nigeria,there are cyber schools set up where guys sit all day long sending out fishing mails trying to scam the gullible,do a web search,loads of them,dont shut them down or report them,just bomb them

A friend of my fiancee has just been offered a working Visa to the UK as a nanny ...
    ... a definite ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marbell379 View Post
    ... SHe's just emailed me to tell me *they want £1000 for processing the application for her and a friend, and it seems her friend was introduced via Yahoo Mail.
    ... ... *immediate alarm bells!!

UNDOUBTEDLY! We can only hope that neither your friend [nor HER'S, in turn] is as "green" as your avatar, as it's a long, hard slog to obtain a settlement visa of any sort - let alone, a UK Work Permit ...

This is a 110% scam arthur,I am always surprised how anyone falls for these or "419"s but they still do,lady I know in Pasig,absolute fool,lost over 200,000 pesos,her husband borrowed the money from his mum,he went absolutely ballistic that she could be so stupid,she was contacted through Yahoo by a single guy living in London who wanted her to look after his two kids,he said he could only afford to pay her £3000 a month,and the car she would be able to use wasnt brand new so he was sorry for that blah,blah,blah,cut a long story short,she sent him(Via western union)100,000 pesos to Nigeria(his brother was working there and would handle the fees )then he phoned again and asked for another 50,000 for administrative purposes Then again for another 50,000 pesos for the flight,then........etc.......ect.....etc,he milked her dry basically

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    This is a 110% scam arthur,I am always surprised how anyone falls for these or "419"s but they still do,lady I know in Pasig,absolute fool,lost over 200,000 pesos,her husband borrowed the money from his mum,he went absolutely ballistic that she could be so stupid,she was contacted through Yahoo by a single guy living in London who wanted her to look after his two kids,he said he could only afford to pay her £3000 a month,and the car she would be able to use wasnt brand new so he was sorry for that blah,blah,blah,cut a long story short,she sent him(Via western union)100,000 pesos to Nigeria(his brother was working there and would handle the fees )then he phoned again and asked for another 50,000 for administrative purposes Then again for another 50,000 pesos for the flight,then........etc.......ect.....etc,he milked her dry basically
    Ahhhh gosh, how could be somebody this and fall for this???
    I guess the problem is that most people in RP (except friends and relatives of balikbayans etc.) doesn't know anything about life in here and regard UK as a "land of milk and honey" so they aren't able to recognise that this and similar offers are absolutely unreal (£3000/month + car = managers or highly qualified salary in UK)
    Jiri & Maricel

I'm just glad she mailed me directly and didnt go for it.
    Ive offered to check out addresses/ telephone numbers if she wants confirmation, but I was pretty sure you couldnt get a working Visa just like that anyway.
    Thanks for the input

She actually gave me the number after I told her countless times it was a scam,but she wouldnt listen,the noose began to close as it was always money for this,money for that,she gave me the number in the end,cell-phone and it wasnt a UK ringtone,heavily accented west-african male answered,had to be Nigerian as she had sent cash to Lagos with WU,they always offer that self deprecating "Oh,I can only afford to give you £3000 a month" and "I havent got a new car,its at least 2 years old" its rubbish basically,thats why I always say,find out exactly where the scam schools are paint them with a laser and precision bomb them

Marbell,ask her for the number,tell her you will check it out for her,your going to end up speaking to a west african guy

She actually gave me the number after I told her countless times it was a scam,but she wouldnt listen,the noose began to close as it was always money for this,money for that,she gave me the number in the end,cell-phone and it wasnt a UK ringtone,heavily accented west-african male answered,had to be Nigerian as she had sent cash to Lagos with WU,they always offer that self deprecating "Oh,I can only afford to give you £3000 a month" and "I havent got a new car,its at least 2 years old" its rubbish basically,thats why I always say,find out exactly where the scam schools are paint them with a laser and precision bomb them
    Hmmm, so there is no help when they are blind and don't want to see and hear
    Laser and one MOAB can sort this out....
    Jiri & Maricel

Type Nigerian Nanny Scam into google,hundreds of pages all running along the same basic theme They often say their last nannies ran away(I wonder why)so thats why their future nannies must pay a bond

http://www.greataupair.com/Nigerian-aupair-scam.cfm

http://www.nannyclassifieds.com/blog...-nanny-scam-2/

http://cellbiol.com/netwatch/nigeria...osts/4621.html

"At this point I was made to sign an agreement that any nanny I will employ as a foreigner will be involved in the expenses but will be refunded back his or her money immediately she him or her arrives UK here in London."

This guy said he can only offer her £800 a week But he IS a doctor and he is going to pay for her driving and languagelessons?Whats she going to learn?Ibo?Hausa?

If you don't mind I can arrange for you any language school and driving school if you wish.
    My offer for you for a week is 800 sterling pounds and i will provide your accommodation e.t.c.
    An urgent reply is needed as soon as possible.
    Best regards,
    Dr.Water Brown
    24 Sherwood Street Piccadilly London,
    W1F 7BR, United Kingdom
    Tel:+447035940013

I have seen people really struggle in Pinas,entire families club together,get into debt,to lose cash to one of these rats is terrible

Banned
    Type Nigerian Nanny Scam into google,hundreds of pages all running along the same basic theme They often say their last nannies ran away(I wonder why)so thats why their future nannies must pay a bond

http://www.greataupair.com/Nigerian-aupair-scam.cfm

http://www.nannyclassifieds.com/blog...-nanny-scam-2/

http://cellbiol.com/netwatch/nigeria...osts/4621.html
    "At this point I was made to sign an agreement that any nanny I will employ as a foreigner will be involved in the expenses but will be refunded back his or her money immediately she him or her arrives UK here in London."

This guy said he can only offer her £800 a week But he IS a doctor and he is going to pay for her driving and languagelessons?Whats she going to learn?Ibo?Hausa?

If you don't mind I can arrange for you any language school and driving school if you wish.
    My offer for you for a week is 800 sterling pounds and i will provide your accommodation e.t.c.
    Best regards,
    Dr.Water Brown
    W1F 7BR, United Kingdom
    I have seen people really struggle in Pinas,entire families club together,get into debt,to lose cash to one of these rats is terrible
    Multi qoute Tawi or you will bet Mod dom in his post

Sorry Mrs M

Best regards,
    Dr.Water Brown
    W1F 7BR, United Kingdom
    Couldn't even spell Walter..... well I assume that's what he meant to write.

Probably a freudian slip because she would be pouring her money down the drain

Thread Information